Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

He's Gone!

Knutsen is on a 2 year contract.

Talking about the club and the future of the club. That he want to rememberd as a man of honor in Bodø. And the dream of CL in 2024.

Not interested to talk to Brighten.

22 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I missed this Sony - what were the lyrics?

@......and Smith must score. has replied before me Hank.

But it was very loud and clear on the TV "it's all our fault" and I heard it sung a couple of times must admit. Lovely piece of self parody and yet it cut to the core. Best chant I've heard for some time. Must have been uncomfortable for Smith (and Delia) to say the least.

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

matter if interest how has our Set Piece coach survived the chop? Wasn’t he part of Smiths team? 

He was part of the coaching team but our set pieces have been ok, not exactly great but decent enough. Our record from set pieces isn't that bad.

Scored 6, which is about mid table
Conceded 2, the lowest total in the league.

Interesting to find out whether he was chosen by Smith or Webber, in general I'm in favour of the head coach having less control over his backroom staff. Were the 2 who have left with Smith the best options or were they picked just because Smith likes them? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Nope

Scott Parker
3/1
Russell Martin
4/1
Chris Wilder
6/1
Mark Robins
6/1
Sean Dyche
6/1
Ralph Hassenhuttl
7/1
Anthony Barry
16/1
Kjetil Knutsen
16/1
Ryan Lowe
16/1
Garry Monk
20/1
Steven Gerrard
20/1
Brian Barry-Murphy
25/1
Bruno Lage
25/1
Chris Hughton
25/1
Liam Manning
25/1
Mark Warburton
25/1
Michael O'Neill
25/1
Sam Allardyce
25/1
Steve Bruce
25/1
Tony Pulis
25/1
Gareth Ainsworth
33/1
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
33/1
Joey Barton
33/1
Leam Richardson
33/1
Lee Bowyer
33/1
Marcelo Bielsa
33/1
Neil Lennon
33/1
Nigel Adkins
33/1
Steven Schumacher
33/1
Don’t know about most of the managers on there, but here are my views on some of them:

Martin and Gerrard: No, insufficient experience in my opinion

Robins: Maybe, it’s just I’m not sure about his record

Hasenhuttl: Yes, PL experience

Knutsen: Yes, it’s just from what I’ve heard it sounds like we won’t be able to sign him because of Brexit, and he’s also rejected an offer from us in the past 

Wilder: Got Sheffield United promoted with us in 2019, and then nearly got them into Europe the following season (but then sent them back down the following season). That sounded quite good in my opinion, but from what I’ve seen from others on here it sounds like he’s not a good option

Dyche, Hughton, Bruce, Allardyce, Pulis: Loads of fans were moaning about Smith’s boring style of play. If you were fed up with Smith’s style of play, I can’t see how you would want any of those in (I don’t)

Don’t know about the others yet

3 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

To be fair, some of us have said the problem is at the very top for a very long time

Otherwise known as the stopped clocks.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

McKenna 11/4 lol..... But we are toooo nice to do that 😉

I tho k I’d go for him if only for the hilarity value! He’s presumably a decent enough coach too.

• Like 1

"Reflecting on the decision via the City's official channels, sporting director Stuart Webber believes it is in the best interests of the club to appoint a new head coach geared towards repairing relationships on and off the pitch and pushing for promotion back to the Premier League"

I thought this was an interesting quote from the Pink'un.  Are they reading between the lines or is this actually something Webber said.  If the latter, it's potentially good news as this is an acknowledgement that all is not well between club and fans.

It's also not exactly a ringing endorsement of either Webber or Smith's recent performances.

1 hour ago, Tommo said:

Look forward to seeing what Dean Smith has to say in his LMA statement post sacking 

I'm assuming he'll ask the fans given they set the narrative 😅

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Just to add I'm so pleased Shakespear has been sacked as well. A useless article for us.

I hope the pair of them use all the free time they've now got to join a Pure Gym and Weightwatchers.

Some may consider this harsh but they are a pair of former professional sportspeople who are meant to be managing a group of professional athletes. 

How can a player take either of them seriously if they get a telling off for being half a pound overweight, the pair of porkers.

Both leaving the club about 2 stone heavier than when they arrived by the looks of it, I'd humbly suggest that it wasn't the tea which was the issue @The Real Buh but the package of biscuits that they'd demolish with each cup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Chris wilder can fcuk right off.

Smith mk 2

Why so? He certainly had the measure of the Great God Farke in some stirring encounters. Kept Blades up (which Herr Farke totally failed to do) and I seem to recall them winning in some style away at Old Trafford when he was Boro manager. 

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

Why so? He certainly had the measure of the Great God Farke in some stirring encounters. Kept Blades up (which Herr Farke totally failed to do) and I seem to recall them winning in some style away at Old Trafford when he was Boro manager. 

Haha just hate the **** from the sheff rivalry.

Cheating arrogant little turd.

I do feel if we appointed him would just be getting in another Smith. 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

Appreciate it’s just money talking at the moment, but the 3 big movers so far are Parker, Martin ( now favourite to be sacked ) and Dyche.

There really is one poster conspicuous by his absence today. I can only presume @The Real Buh is working on something big to add to the message board or more likely taking a well earned rest from the keyboard now that his job is done……and he probably definitely absolutely won’t feel the need to say I told you so and that he was right all along 😂

Im genuinely looking forward to the next chapter. 

• Haha 2

No doubt Webber will already have a no.1 choice immediately at the point he sacked Smith and that choice will be our new manager, at least that's what he'll tell us.

For some reason I don't have a huge amount of confidence in him. There are some big hitters on that list so I will be mightily peed off if we end up with Martin.

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I’m not sure why I mentioned Rioch. I think Purple did and I subconsciously followed. Agreed he wasn’t bad . Wasn’t great either mind … 

Oh the power I possess!🧙‍♂️

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stratton canary said:

McKenna 11/4 lol..... But we are toooo nice to do that 😉

Who are you seeing that with, can't find any odds at all on him.  Money on for Hassenhuttl it seems this afternoon. 

Screenshot_20221227_205934_Sky Bet.jpg

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Appreciate it’s just money talking at the moment, but the 3 big movers so far are Parker, Martin ( now favourite to be sacked ) and Dyche.

Gotta love how Martin is doing awful and yet there are still some on here wanting him.

And they would be the first to demand he be sacked if he lost a couple of matches in charge of us I bet

21 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

There really is one poster conspicuous by his absence today. I can only presume @The Real Buh is working on something big to add to the message board or more likely taking a well earned rest from the keyboard now that his job is done……and he probably definitely absolutely won’t feel the need to say I told you so and that he was right all along 😂

Maybe Buh was actually Dean Smith, and he was trying to hurry up his compensation?

24 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Well he's been on, reacted to a few posts.. Come on Buh, this is your dream day. Your second Christmas. Let's be having you 😂

Walking into a job where automatic promotion has already gone -(15 pts behind Burnley, 12 Pts behind Sheff Utd) thanks to Dean Smith, might put one or two names off who may have been interested in it.

Best case scenario the 'lottety' of the playoffs

On the other hand , already knowing that the top 2 have gone may in a way take a bit of pressure off.

The aim initially is to just try to secure one of those 4 playoff spots

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Who are you seeing that with, can't find any odds at all on him.  Money on for Hassenhuttl it seems this afternoon. 

Screenshot_20221227_205934_Sky Bet.jpg

It was on Facebook earlier so probably rubbish, as I said "we won't do that" 

3 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

It was on Facebook earlier so probably rubbish, as I said "we won't do that" 

He's now on the market at 14s 

Screenshot_20221227_232113_Sky Bet.jpg

19 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Attanasio will be making decisions like that based on long-term strategic reasoning rather than short-term considerations.I would be very surprised if this changes much as far as he is concerned.

To add, some posters will not like this, but this decision being taken straight after last night suggests Webber is staying, and will be recommending Smith’s successor.

Today Southwell says the directors gave Webber autonomy to make the decision to sack Smith. You don’t do that if you are unhappy with Webber, or certainly not unhappy enough to consider getting rid of him as well.

Southwell also says the post-Brexit rules do limit the choice of potential successors, although he doesn't go into details. But it seems as if simply having the kind of Uefa licence Farke presumably had is no now enough;

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Tommo said:

Look forward to seeing what Dean Smith has to say in his LMA statement post sacking 

bovril.jpg.7f7ac72ba0cec4a027639dfaba5f8f60.jpg