Sign in to follow this  
By Hook or Ian crook

Luton Away

Just now, unique said:

Letā€™s be honest, the only suitable place for Hernandez is an end of line clearance sale at Argos.

Breaks my heart to say itā€¦.

I'm hoping he'll do a Wes and go play for Cambridge United so we can all have them as our second team again!Ā 

22 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If we were keeping Smith for the season I'd honestly be fearing relegation, we are 8 points above 21st and in dreadful form.

Oh yes

2 hours ago, vos said:

Cannot believe we are sending out such a defensive line up against pretty moderate opponents. No creativity, no pace, and no width. Hopefully we might scrape a 1-0 win. If we go down methinks this thread will be a bit hot around 9.40 !!!

I actually really like the 11, and although it's a 5 at the back, it doesn't have to be defensive. In theory, Aarons and Dimi could have license to get forward at will and two up top offers more threat than Pukki just being isolated as usual. Sara and Nunez (when he's back) offer plenty of creativity in midfield, and someone like McClean or Hayden can provide cover for the marauding wing backs.Ā 

Of course, all of that would rely on Dean Smith actually putting that theory into practise and getting the team to utilise the system effectively, which he doesn't seem to be capable of doing. I think we could see this system and a very similar 11 if we end up with Chris Wilder at some point. We don't really have great wide players so I think we suit the system personnel wise. All of our good midfielders and forwards play through the middle.

• Like 1

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ state of it all! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Ahahahahahahahahahahahah!

So bad it's utterly hilarious. What a shambles this club is. Deano in charge v Reading nailed on.

All the best. Big Keith Scott.

Just now, Mackrel829 said:

I actually really like the 11, and although it's a 5 at the back, it doesn't have to be defensive. In theory, Aarons and Dimi could have license to get forward at will and two up top offers more threat than Pukki just being isolated as usual. Sara and Nunez (when he's back) offer plenty of creativity in midfield, and someone like McClean or Hayden can provide cover for the marauding wing backs.Ā 

Of course, all of that would rely on Dean Smith actually putting that theory into practise and getting the team to utilise the system effectively, which he doesn't seem to be capable of doing. I think we could see this system and a very similar 11 if we end up with Chris Wilder at some point. We don't really have great wide players so I think we suit the system personnel wise. All of our good midfielders and forwards play through the middle.

Nunez is back. He's not being picked.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

They both offer far more than Sara has offered so far in a yellow shirt, if we can't agree on that then I'll attempt to get you sectioned.

Ish.

Dowell's performances towards the end of the 20/21 season were better than we've seen from Sara, but I don't think Dowell has offered more than Sara this season.