Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Rotherham (L/a)) ****

5 minutes ago, NWC said:

The result is important, but it shouldn’t be this close against a team like Rotherham. 

Why?

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Why?

Everyone knows that you need to win every match 3-0 or it's smith out. Put's his hands in his pockets dont you know..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

Again (like Wednesday) it would have been much easier if the officials did their job. Another red card and a penalty not given.

From a tactical point of view we were pretty solid again. The goal we conceded was two individual errors (Sara gave it away, Gibson slipped) rather than the sort of flawed system we'd seen previously.

Some encouraging signs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Some good moments going forward but you'd really hope we'd keep the ball better than that when leading a game away from home. 

Nunez and Gibbs are the best passers of the ball we have. Granted, both have been hot and cold, but really hope to see more of these two, and together. I think we’d control games better.

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

Again (like Wednesday) it would have been much easier if the officials did their job. Another red card and a penalty not given.

I missed this, I was dipping in and out whilst doing some skirting boards. What happened?

Blimey, tough crowd in here tonight and I thought I was bad 😂

Decent away performance against a ****house side, and should have really been more than 2-1. 

Really good set of results today and this really is a nettle that Smith has a chance to grasp. To be within sight of the top 2 still is a very good day. OTBC. 

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I missed this, I was dipping in and out whilst doing some skirting boards. What happened?

Hang on? Fitting Skirting boards? You don’t do laminate flooring as well Dan so you 😁

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Hang on? Fitting Skirting boards? You don’t do laminate flooring as well Dan so you 😁

I do, just not very well!

We may live to regret that dip in form by the end of the season. A win next Saturday and we can rest a few tired limbs and get players back from injury. 

We have to be pretty much flawless now for the rest of the season, there can be no more fcuk ups, we need to take our chances and learn to control games.

Auto promotion is still possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ohhhh this chap is NOT HAPPY about the talk of Kenny McLean. 

He's super apparently and Rivvo should apologize because he scored. 🤣

"he's never bad" "great guy" 

🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Petriix said:

From a tactical point of view we were pretty solid again. The goal we conceded was two individual errors (Sara gave it away, Gibson slipped) rather than the sort of flawed system we'd seen previously.

Some encouraging signs.

He was trying to cope with a player running at him on a wet surface.

8 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Nunez and Gibbs are the best passers of the ball we have. Granted, both have been hot and cold, but really hope to see more of these two, and together. I think we’d control games better.

Yeah, that's probably fair, but most of our midfielders are technically pretty good. I do fear it's more of a coaching issue.

I had the Radio Norfolk comms on my stream today. What a dinosaur Rivers is. Wheelchair and zimmer frame jokes about one of Rotherham's players just because he was old. Jokes about tight and thick Northerners. Really dreadful stuff. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Ohhhh this chap is NOT HAPPY about the talk of Kenny McLean. 

He's super apparently and Rivvo should apologize because he scored. 🤣

"he's never bad" "great guy" 

🤣

I did state the Big love in has started

20 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Go Kenny!

Fgz7vzYWQAMoFTV~2.jpg

Hey that bloke is the spitting image of Kenny McLean.

If he was pointing it could even be the actual bloke himself.

Uncanny 

Thats a bit better yet again.Sara and McCullum improving match by match.Pukki still as greedy as ever.Pass the bloody ball occasionally ffs.

28 minutes ago, NWC said:

The result is important, but it shouldn’t be this close against a team like Rotherham. 

It took a 91st minute penalty I think for us to beat them last time under Farke, I wouldn't underestimate the battling performances that are required away from home.

Individual mistake from Sara for the goal (who looked better today, by the way).

Would be praising a complete performance had the officials been vaguely competent and given a red card and also the hand-ball-most-blatant-penalty-shout-you'll-see.

Few poor passages of play still, but good to see the team fighting away from home.

• Like 1

On Twitter the Rotherham fans are furious about their penalty shout that ended in their player getting booked. I didn't get a clear look at it on my stream. Obviously it's difficult for us to be objective, but what did people think?

11 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

On Twitter the Rotherham fans are furious about their penalty shout that ended in their player getting booked. I didn't get a clear look at it on my stream. Obviously it's difficult for us to be objective, but what did people think?

diving-fail.gif

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Might have been a bit of contact but their player went down like he’d been shot. If that was a penalty we should have had two for the handball.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, NWC said:

Why not?

In Farke's last championship  season, we were even closer to a bad result against Rotherham. Rotherham took and the lead and we only won (2-1) with a 95th minute penalty! That result was even closer! (And Rotherham are doing much better this year that they did last time in the Championship).

Need to check your facts before posting sometimes?

• Like 2

Just now, Van wink said:

Missed the game but looks like we got 3 points.

Well done lads👍

Looks like Kenny scored, 👍 

26 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I was in the away end and it happened at the other end of the pitch from us so I couldn’t say, we just saw the guy go flying!

overall not a convincing win but at least it was a win. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

There's initial contact from Hayden but only to get shoulder to shoulder and absolutely not a foul, a few seconds later their player drops a 10/10 piece of perfection that Tom Daley would be proud of. 

Don't know what they are complaining about anyway they got away with not getting a red card in the first half!