Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Rotherham (L/a)) ****

27 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

Might have been a bit of contact but their player went down like he’d been shot. If that was a penalty we should have had two for the handball.

A blatant dive. Hayden pulled out of the challenge too. Surprised the ref got it right. 

• Like 1

Just now, Clever Farke said:

A blatant dive. Hayden pulled out of the challenge too. Surprised the ref got it right. 

Interesting the bbc report seems to suggest it was a penalty:

Rotherham were left aggrieved at end of the defeat after being denied a late penalty, with Chiedozie Ogbene shown a yellow card for diving when he appeared to be fouled in the box.

That said, I’ve lost count how many we should have had this season so you’ll get no complaints from me.

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Yes. That's exactly why. Jesus Christ.

Hallelujah brother may you find the light - and find some mouth wash

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Rotherham were left aggrieved at end of the defeat after being denied a late penalty, with Chiedozie Ogbene shown a yellow card for diving when he appeared to be fouled in the box.

That said, I’ve lost count how many we should have had this season so you’ll get no complaints from me.

Including the very obvious hand-ball today!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Oddly they make no mention of the blatant handball that would’ve given us a pen. Think the journo wanted to make it sound like it was close. The ref was near and had a good view of it too. 

An Awkright summary

Not a bad old day. Three points. Two of those at the top dropped points at home to lower opposition. QPR/Watford.  Burnley were pegged back. Unfortunately by one at the top. But better Sheff Utd win than Burnley.  Kings Lynn won, 14 mile up the road. And the forum smells a lot sweeter tonight. Must be the absence of so many closet binners.

• Haha 1

Just as well it wasn't a pen as we would have been moaning how easily McLean got skinned.

Don't think it was a pen, but the Yellow was a bit harsh as there was contact. The ref has evened it up for not giving one of the Rovrum players a Red for fouling Sargent.

Interesting there is no behind the goal footage of Hayden contact, which suggests it did not support Rovrum's case 😀

100% a dive, he clearly expects a trip that never comes and looks daft for it. In fact, he's a very lucky chappy for not getting a 2nd yellow for pulling on the refs shirt and then getting in his face and screaming at him.

Would be embarrassed by that if I was a Millers fan. He'd arguably beaten Hayden and could have created a chance to score. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Clever Farke said:

🤣 Yorkshire chip on t’shoulder syndrome. 

Commentator "it's either going to go one of two ways" ..... You don't fcuking say Sherlock!!!

Total dive, made an utter meal of it. Great shout from the ref.

Dean clings on for another long week.... Sigh.

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

100% a dive, he clearly expects a trip that never comes and looks daft for it. In fact, he's a very lucky chappy for not getting a 2nd yellow for pulling on the refs shirt and then getting in his face and screaming at him.

Would be embarrassed by that if I was a Millers fan. He'd arguably beaten Hayden and could have created a chance to score. 

Lol sort of thing cantwell would try 😩😩

52 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I was in the away end and it happened at the other end of the pitch from us so I couldn’t say, we just saw the guy go flying!

overall not a convincing win but at least it was a win. 

Yeah, I was there too and all I can say is the way he threw both arms out and hit the floor Hayden must hit him with a double barrelled shotgun. But from the other end with yellow and green glasses I would say that.

It looked like there was contact, similar type of foul that we didn’t get on Sargent earlier on in the game, and on Cantwell Saturday. Think calling it a dive was harsh and there did look to be contact, as it would’ve been for Sargent and Cantwell.

• Like 3

People have questioned Hayden but thought he was very good today. Gave us the strength we needed in the middle and just kept breaking up the play

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, rock bus said:

People have questioned Hayden but thought he was very good today. Gave us the strength we needed in the middle and just kept breaking up the play

He’s definitely still getting up to speed but personally I’ve seen enough to think he looks like he will be one hell of a player at this level and exactly what we needed.

I thought it was penalty, there was not a lot of contact, it was arms and I expected it to be given.

I also thought the handball was a penalty and the foul on Sargent was an even more obvious red card than the one of Cantwell on Wednesday.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I thought it was penalty, there was not a lot of contact, it was arms and I expected it to be given.

I also thought the handball was a penalty and the foul on Sargent was an even more obvious red card than the one of Cantwell on Wednesday.

Just seen it from behind the goal, it was a clear dive.  Well done ref.

Edited by Newtopia

6 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Glad to be back in front but why again does it take conceding a goal for us to show some urgency. Why can’t we play with intensity until the game has been put to bed. 

That Sara error a result of the lack of passing options open to him. 

Nope, his pass option was clear. He Just swung it round too far and with too little power, hence it was intercepted. Careless not option less. 

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Excellent save by their keeper from Sargent to prevent us going 3-1 ahead.

Great pass from Sara too.