Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****Official Lapps Match Thread v Huddersfield (L/h) *****

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Good performance overall and relieved to get our first win. 

But I'd like to see a new CB brought in and a more vocal and dominant player be made captain and lead by example. 

Hanley worries me. He backs off so much. Is it because he can't tackle. I can understand on the half way line but on the edge of your own box is inviting trouble.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

The only thing Kenny has held in the last 3 seasons is his own head after giving the ball back to the oppos for the hundredth time. 

And Gibson at left back? Jesus he's dangerous enough in the middle with passes let alone being asked to play full back and find forward passes even more regular 

Very true, where was Kenny st left back when they scored down the right? He didn't need to be in the oppo penalty area  Smith had brought on plenty of attacking players already. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Bookmarked in case Pat Jones becomes world class

I was only playing the game lol I like the look of Jones too and I'm sure he could slot in well. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Bookmarked in case Pat Jones becomes world class

He may well do. My point was one cameo great goal for a kid against decent opponents proves absolutely nothing.

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

The only thing Kenny has held in the last 3 seasons is his own head after giving the ball back to the oppos for the hundredth time. 

And Gibson at left back? Jesus he's dangerous enough in the middle with passes let alone being asked to play full back and find forward passes even more regular 

I don't think we really need to play that many forward passes as we were 2 up.  We just needed to pass the ball around, make the 10 men run, and keep men behind the ball to protect against the counter.

Maybe I should cut Smith some slack, in so much that he's had a bad run, and wanted to absolutely hammer Huddersfield to give the fans some more pleasant memories, but I still reckon it backfired on him if so.

Anyways, we won, so thank f#(k for that.

Sounds like Sargent had a few other chances to his feet that went begging? Maybe Pukki would have scored them?

1 minute ago, Number9 said:

Very true, where was Kenny st left back when they scored down the right? He didn't need to be in the oppo penalty area  Smith had brought on plenty of attacking players already. 

He's playing very out of position, it isn't a great shock his positional sense doesn't match up with the role. It'd be more of a shock if he didn't make an error.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

DS deserves a decent mug of Tea after that. 

There is no such thing as a decent cup of tea. A drink as weak as dishwater and then put milk in it? Why do you think they invented Coffee?

• Like 1

Crikey, Millwall score in 93rd & 95th minutes to snatch a draw with Swansea.

Glad Martin isn't our manager!!!!! 🤣

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Ultra Rare Feels Good Man Pepe The Frog Feels Bad man Green Toad Parody  Funny Parody Mug Meme Dank Mug Cup Reddit | Wish

Smith's new mug.

OTBC

Buh won't be here to react to this until we lose again 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

There is no such thing as a decent cup of tea. A drink as weak as dishwater and then put milk in it? Why do you think they invented Coffee?

Hush your mouth grandad, coffee is devil beans. If you've only had dishwater tea then speak with the brewer, you could build houses with one of my cuppas

1 minute ago, Orly said:

I don't think we really need to play that many forward passes as we were 2 up.  We just needed to pass the ball around, make the 10 men run, and keep men behind the ball to protect against the counter.

Maybe I should cut Smith some slack, in so much that he's had a bad run, and wanted to absolutely hammer Huddersfield to give the fans some more pleasant memories, but I still reckon it backfired on him if so.

Anyways, we won, so thank f#(k for that.

Yeah if you're playing 10 men and you have a lead the sensible thing to do is play keep ball and make them chase you and tire themselves out which it didn't sound like we did. I do think you might be right though that Smith saw an opportunity to give them a real morale boosting hammering and it didn't pay off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

Sounds like Sargent had a few other chances to his feet that went begging? Maybe Pukki would have scored them?

To be fair, he was pulled down so we will never know. One thing I do know is that we looked better in the air.

Is there not room for two up front? Especially the way we dominate games.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

As a way to exploit south America as they'd covered Asia in tea and rubber , maybe? 😇

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

Crikey, Millwall score in 93rd & 95th minutes to snatch a draw with Swansea.

Glad Martin isn't our manager!!!!! 🤣

Better still, both were OGs.

• Haha 1

I really enjoyed Gibbs' performance - very assured on the whole, given his young age. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I'll do you one better.

Danny. Crow 

Kris Renton. 

Just now, cornish sam said:

Hush your mouth grandad, coffee is devil beans. If you've only had dishwater tea then speak with the brewer, you could build houses with one of my cuppas

See, you have been poisoned for too long. Never mind anti vaxxers. Anti suppers.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Yeah if you're playing 10 men and you have a lead the sensible thing to do is play keep ball and make them chase you and tire themselves out which it didn't sound like we did. I do think you might be right though that Smith saw an opportunity to give them a real morale boosting hammering and it didn't pay off.

But that's not Smith's fault. It's the players, who didn't put this game to bed. Equally if he'd put on defensive midfielders and they'd equalise, he'd have been hammered for it

1 minute ago, mrdi said:

Kris Renton. 

Omar Koroma. (not technically ours, but still a 'promising youngster')