Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****Official Lapps Match Thread v Huddersfield (L/h) *****

Unbelievably I saw a post the other day on here that said that he (Pukki) had been found out just like at Celtic! Sometimes one just has to smile. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, percy varco said:

How can he be based on form?

I agree he's not been at his best, but, our top scorer for the last 4(?) Seasons.......drop him for hugill or Sargent.......not with you on that one. But, great to have a plan B if needed. Instead of farkes plan a isn't working so do more plan a till it works.....

1 minute ago, RugbyCanary said:

I agree he's not been at his best, but, our top scorer for the last 4(?) Seasons.......drop him for hugill or Sargent.......not with you on that one. But, great to have a plan B if needed. Instead of farkes plan a isn't working so do more plan a till it works.....

What if we get another 5-6 games down the line and he still hasn't scored? 

And you've also disrupted the form of another forward by dropping him just because of a past that isn't showing signs of continuing so far

Thrilled for Sargent who tries and tries and tries. But anyone who thinks that Teemu is not still an automatic pick when fit is smoking some serious crack.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Dowell off for Sara, Sargent off for Hugill. 

Right boys, crosses! I want to see so many freakin' crosses going in that Jesus Christ would get PTSD.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Thrilled for Sargent who tries and tries and tries. But anyone who thinks that Teemu is not still an automatic pick when fit is smoking some serious crack.

Thats a good way to get confidence in a winning side 

go on sarge doesnt really matter what do tonight as soon as Pukki is fit he is back in so make the most of it 

pukki out for 3 games sarge scores in all 3 never mind old chap pukki is in ?

• Like 1

Hernandez and Ramsey have come on for Sinani and Nunez.

Fair play to Smith here. Rest players where possible, give a little game time to his bench.

32 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Because Pukki is good, Sargent is poor, or average at best. Pukki has been given no service this season, give him service and he will score. I'm not a fan of flip flopping with the wind like most others on here, one good game doesn't make him good, one poor game doesn't make Pukki bad. 

This simply isn't true. Pukki has had chances to score, I don't think it's unfair to say he could have had a good 3-4 at least by now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

pukki out for 3 games sarge scores in all 3 never mind old chap pukki is in ?

Sargent has scored three league goals in his entire Norwich career. If you think he's going to score three in the next three games I might make another comment about crack. 

In any case, as I said up the thread, I'd like us to see if we can find a way of playing two up front in this league. Whether it's Sargent, Idah or Hugill alongside Pukki doesn't matter much to me, they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Think it would give us much more variety in attack.

But to come back to the original point. Pukki is our best player. You could argue he's our only PL-quality player. Leaving him out for any of our other striking options is absolutely bonkers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Sargent has scored three league goals in his entire Norwich career. If you think he's going to score three in the next three games I might make another comment about crack. 

In any case, as I said up the thread, I'd like us to see if we can find a way of playing two up front in this league. Whether it's Sargent, Idah or Hugill alongside Pukki doesn't matter much to me, they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Think it would give us much more variety in attack.

But to come back to the original point. Pukki WAS our best player. You could argue he's our only PL-quality player. Leaving him out for any of our other striking options is absolutely bonkers.

Fixed that for you 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Number9 said:

Our left back jogging back as they attack down the right 

Pointing as well or…

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

What if we get another 5-6 games down the line and he still hasn't scored? 

And you've also disrupted the form of another forward by dropping him just because of a past that isn't showing signs of continuing so far

Ifs and buts.....if uncle Paul had boobs he'd be aunty Barbara......

Why have we brought on 5 attacking subs at 2-0 up?  Why not Gibson on at left back, kenny into midfield along side Gibbs?

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Remember when there were rumours that Premier League teams wanted Hanley?

Lol.

He's probably good in the dressing room

Just now, RugbyCanary said:

Ifs and buts.....if uncle Paul had boobs he'd be aunty Barbara......

Just like putting pukki back in because he MIGHT score again. 

• Like 1

Just now, Orly said:

Why have we brought on 5 attacking subs at 2-0 up?  Why not Gibson on at left back, kenny into midfield along side Gibbs?

Because then we'd be 3-2 down