RobertRosariosBeefTomatoes

Would you be upset to lose Rashica?

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

I'd be ecstatic to lose Rashica. He's right up there with Naismith and RVW as the biggest wastes of money the club has ever signed. I genuinely believe we'd have finished on higher points if we'd kept Josh Martin in the team last season.

The biggest problem is that he doesn't seem to understand how to play incisive passes in the attacking 3rd - it's always head down and run into the channels then look for a cross. After a full season of training and playing with Pukki you'd have thought he'd have started to understand his movement, but he looks as clueless as day 1.

Naismith was as much if not more to do with wages and absolutely sunk us - no relegation clause and not good enough to warrant the wages, price or almost bankrupting us.

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

I genuinely believe we'd have finished on higher points if we'd kept Josh Martin in the team last season.

I don't understand why Josh Martin isn't in our squad this season. I sort of hope its a poor attitude, as it surely can't be lack of talent, I'd be seriously worried about the coaching staff is that was their justification considering some of the dross we have in the squad at the minute. 

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Our only assist this season.

0 assists in Onels last 24 Norwich City appearances.

Ouch!

That's the issue, who are we going to replace Rashica with?  I think Rashica needs time to adjust to this new role of being an out an out attacking threat and doing that for 90 mins. I watched him at Liverpool away and thought he was capable of a much higher level than Norwich City. For me if you are going to bin off Rashica then you can add Gibson and Sargent to the list as well.

Smith and Shakey need to work on him, there's a talent there. Arguably Farke got more out of him playing at a higher level, Smith has done little to progress that so far.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Ouch!

That's the issue, who are we going to replace Rashica with?  I think Rashica needs time to adjust to this new role of being an out an out attacking threat and doing that for 90 mins. I watched him at Liverpool away and thought he was capable of a much higher level than Norwich City. For me if you are going to bin off Rashica then you can add Gibson and Sargent to the list as well.

Smith and Shakey need to work on him, there's a talent there. Arguably Farke got more out of him playing at a higher level, Smith has done little to progress that so far.

I thought Max Aarons spelt it out quite clearly, we've gone from hardly ever having the ball for a year to being expected to control possession and it takes time to adjust to that. Panic and writing off players after 2 games is nonsensical, unless its Josh Sargent in which case I don't think he's ever going to cut the mustard.

Be disappointed to see him go at this point, we've started the season and he seems a big part of our plans. Struggled but has an assist. Could get better. Hard to sign viable improvement late in window.

42 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I thought Max Aarons spelt it out quite clearly, we've gone from hardly ever having the ball for a year to being expected to control possession and it takes time to adjust to that. Panic and writing off players after 2 games is nonsensical, unless its Josh Sargent in which case I don't think he's ever going to cut the mustard.

There's two players that will never be good enough for us , ones on loan at Brum and the other is Josh sargent.ps Id love to know who scouted josh and what they saw🥵

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I honestly think the only one who I thought did OK considering he wasn't played in his natural position was Lees-Melou, he's an attacking midfielder who was asked to play deeper and he always worked hard and tried to get stuck in, that's probably the reason he's the only one we had a serious buyer for. A bit depressing being a Norwich fan at the minute.

i think last years bad buys have put us back years if i am honest 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Absolutely. It’s a full rebuild. All the more frustrating looking at Fulham and Bournemouths results. 

• Like 1

Yes, I'd be happy to see him leave, even for a small loss, but the sad thing is that of the three outfield players bought and the four loan signings , he was probably the best.

That really is saying something about our business last season.

Rashica doesn't influence the games I see him in, zero assists or goals.

I'd not care if he left but any cash we get has to go back to finding a better solution.

4 hours ago, RobertRosariosBeefTomatoes said:

in comparison to the threat posed by Hernandez on the opposite wing. 

It worries me that fans thought  Argos carried a threat,  terrific energy,  beat his man but you knew it would all come to nothing with no goal threat at all from him or from a pass he made.  Genuinely alarms me that so many fans over-rate ineffective energy over, ignoring a couple of possession losses due to poor touches,  beating his many multiple times but to gain what?

Not saying rashica is the answer either,  but on yes gimme him over onel any time. 

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Rashica doesn't influence the games I see him in, zero assists or goals.

2 shots,  4 shots from his passes,  solid link up with aarons, nunez and cantwell but didnt infleunce the game?  I'll gloss over what was a simple assist.  but hey ho.   

He is far from perfect but ahead of most of the options suggested - and those other will get their chance to show t heir worth   

If we got a good deal for him I'd be happy to see him go. He comes across as someone who does not want to be at the club.

Sargent for all his faults does not show that attitude of "I'm too good for this team".

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Our only assist this season.

0 assists in Onels last 24 Norwich City appearances.

Yes but ... Rashica has played ~2000 minutes during those games while Hernandez has played only ~600. And Rashica cost ~£10m while Hernandez was ~£1m ...

There was a point mid-season last year where it felt like Rashica was going to come good and become one of our best players. It never really happened though. And now he looks ... disinterested. And like he hasn't learned anything. It's hard to see a lot of potential there now.

I'd be very happy indeed to be rid of him if we can even get half of what we paid. What a colossal mistake by Webber.

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Agreed. If we don't get promoted this season I foresee a big selloff and multiple years of mid-table Champs mediocrity. We had a moment and we lost it.

I have just read the shocking statistic that of 24 attempted crosses against Wigan, only two were successful, and neither of those two came from Rashica. His contribution was minimal.

It’s bad enough that few of our players can shoot straight. If they can’t even cross a f’king football, then our likelihood of scoring goals has diminished ever further.

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I don't understand why Josh Martin isn't in our squad this season. I sort of hope its a poor attitude, as it surely can't be lack of talent, I'd be seriously worried about the coaching staff is that was their justification considering some of the dross we have in the squad at the minute. 

I suspect it's because Smith doesn't rate him, like he doesn't rate Tzolis and he doesn't rate Mumba. But he has his own little golden boy from Villa who he rates.

If he's right, and Golden Boy transforms our fortunes, Smith is going to be a managerial legend at our club. If he's wrong, the best we can hope for is midtable for the foreseeable future. Long after Smith has gone.

Edited by canarybubbles

I don't know what to make of Rashica. He clearly worries defences. I just wish there was more end product. Granted, he got an assist against Wigan. But, you know, it's Wigan ffs.

Rashica has been okay, clearly our best out and out winger but that's not saying much right now.

I wouldn't mind seeing him go if we weren't losing money as I do think there's a player there.

An expensive player yet he's not produced results.

He's played 33 games for the club and has produced

1 Goal and 3 Assists. 

From an attacking player that simply isn't enough. 

He's an expensive player who didn't do much in Premiership, and early signs are he won't do much in EFL. For me, he's a good winger, but he doesn't link well with pukki at all.

If we were playing 4-4-2 with Hugill up with Pukki, then I think he'd be more successful with a big target man, but as things stand can't see us playing that, so if we could re-coup as much as possible I'd be happy to see him go 

Too early to say. Lets see if he can start to influence games a bit more as he acclimatises to the championship. I agree he's been a bit of a let down up till now, but he has shown signs of coming good before - if he's committed, I would expect that to happen again.

Anything respectable we can get for him price-wise would be a bonus. 

Last season was so diabolical that I have zero affection for, or affinity with any of last summer’s recruits (with the exception of Gunny). 

It already feels as though we’re targeting a different profile of player this year and if we can reinvest the money properly, it wouldn’t take much to get an upgrade on the very little Rashica has given us. 

Assist on Saturday? So what, it was a simple ball that any pro footballer should be expected to execute. 

Rashica? Off you Farke, son. 

Perhaps we can sell Rashica and they get a Sargent free to tempt the buyer-  kings Lynn could do with  the   extra ball boys 

1 minute ago, baldy09 said:

Perhaps we can sell Rashica and they get a Sargent free to tempt the buyer-  kings Lynn could do with  the   extra ball boys 

I was thinking about a ‘buy Rashica, get a Sargent free’ but that might actually drive the transfer fee down. 

Depends on what we get for him and what we spend it on.

We’ve not seen enough of him since joining but there were flashes of what he is capable of Saturday.