Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Lungi folk hero

Right so after yesterday can a section of our fan  base all agree he's crap and stop fawning over him and move on?

I have a horrible feeling that Hugill will be this year's saviour or maybe everyone will be screaming for Rowe again.

But back to topic hopefully all this Sorenson crap will end.

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1

You can see why Farke and Smith have played other players ahead of him.   I wonder how long before he goes out on loan.

Edited by Newtopia

I'll be honest, I think he's only really guilty of not being a DM. I think he's ok as a CM, some of his passing is nice and crisp and we know he can hit a shot, pick a pass. Is he the best we have though? Not as good as some would make him out to be I think.

Also, it's SorenSEN, I see a lot of folk getting the end of his name wrong.

The funny thing is, played in defensive midfield for the first two games and realistically, the only times other teams have really had much of a sniff is an error from someone else. The paradox is that arguably his biggest strength, namely his positional discipline, is a weakness in a Smith team that likes heavy pressing. His biggest weakness is a lack of pace/acceleration.

Can't legislate for Gibson hitting a crap ball like the one that he gave away for the Wigan goal.

He'll probably be in that position until Hayden is fully fit. Good, there have been far bigger problems in the team. Lungi's been OK. No more than that, but OK.

• Like 2

He’s exactly what he is. A more than capable squad player who provides cover for multiple positions but wouldn’t necessarily start.

Nothing wrong with that, in fact his covering versatility makes him an asset.

• Like 3

But he was playing alongside the undroppable Kenny, maybe a reason he has failed to shine as DM.  A loan would suit Jacob just fine.

38 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Right so after yesterday can a section of our fan  base all agree he's crap and stop fawning over him and move on?

I have a horrible feeling that Hugill will be this year's saviour or maybe everyone will be screaming for Rowe again.

But back to topic hopefully all this Sorenson crap will end.

In that case can we add Sargent and Hugill to that list as both are as crap and need to be dropped! If you want we can add Gibson to that list! 🤔

I’m prepared to give him a few more games but I think Smith will start playing 2 offensive midfielders and 1 defensive as soon as Hayden, Sara and Nunez are all up to speed and I don’t expect Sorenson to get a look in.

Basically certain players are not as good as we think they could or should be at this level to progress the team as a whole.

Sargent, Gibson, Rashica and Sorensen come to mind for starters. Oh and Hugill.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Basically certain players are not as good as we think they could or should be at this level to progress the team as a whole.

What about Idah, Sinani & Hernandez?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

My heart sinks every time I think of Rashica and Sargent. And the money spent on them. Awful signings, don’t fit us at all. At least Sorensen plays a type of football that suits us, just doesnt play it at the standard needed. 

Edited by WD40
  • Like 4

He's a strange sort of player. Can do a job as left back but never managed to excel in his 'natural position' in midfield. 

He looks like he has the tactical ability but lacks the technical and physical. 

Jack of all trades, master of nothing. 

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

He's a strange sort of player. Can do a job as left back but never managed to excel in his 'natural position' in midfield. 

I read somewhere that hen he played for Denmark in the youth teams he was played as a CB. Might be his better position.

Just now, Indy said:

I read somewhere that hen he played for Denmark in the youth teams he was played as a CB. Might be his better position.

I don't think he's big enough tbf. 

34 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Agree with this. Think he would look good as a midfielder in a slower less physical league, but hes never going make it here sadly.

Just too slow in thought and deed.

It's taken a long while but I think most people now realise his limitations. Personally I would have been happier wih Gibbs.

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

I don't think he's big enough tbf. 

I'd rather see him there than Gibson.

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

For me what he lacks is heart, desire and a sense of urgency. 

• Like 1

I still think Lungi will come good.Never the fastest player, but a reliable one. There are far worse players in this current team who we have spunked millions away on.

• Like 1

He's absolutely fine as a squad player to cover where needed (although I think he's a defender in a midfielders clothing) Id rather be starting Gibbs in the middle until Sara/Hayden are ready to start there. 

• Like 1

He doesn't have the attributes to be a good holding midfielder in this division but he equally doesn't have the attributes to be anything else. As soon as our midfielders are fit he will be a bench option 

13 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I’m prepared to give him a few more games but I think Smith will start playing 2 offensive midfielders and 1 defensive as soon as Hayden, Sara and Nunez are all up to speed and I don’t expect Sorenson to get a look in.

December??

12 hours ago, Indy said:

What about Idah, Sinani & Hernandez?

The list of players deemed not quite good enough seems to be increasing!

Sorensen ought to be good enough for this level and it's the collective responsibility for the rest of the team not to give the ball away or make stupid decisions like Gibson.

We looked better when Sorensen went off because we didn't really need a deep lying midfielder against a team who couldn't keep the ball, not because he was crap. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pete said:

But he was playing alongside the undroppable Kenny, maybe a reason he has failed to shine as DM.  A loan would suit Jacob just fine.

The same is true of Kenny, he has his flaws but he covers multiple positions.

It's the problem of Norwich as a club recently. To sustain the ethos the club has. We'll struggle to have a squad that could handle the prem, so 'decent squad players' are what we have to settle for

I find it hard to understand a lot of the comments on this thread, he is not mediocre or poor and based on performances and when he played left back for a few weeks, he was excellent and in one match was motm. Then he filled in at CB and did very well. Not had that many chances as DM and yes, he got caught on the ball once on Saturday, but overall he is still a very able player and we may see that more as he gets more opportunities in his favoured position. Still one to watch out for and enjoy seeing his development.