He's 24 years old and he's a terrible model for our youngsters. We are a club who are placing a lot of our hopes for the future on our youth development. My feeling is we get rid of himĀ at any cost.

I can't be bothered to read through all of this thread. Yeah... my disillusion with the football has been coupled with me not spending much time at all on this forum. But all I'll say is.... It's only hair. If Todd comes back in we should try and get behind the lad. Braid or no braid.Ā 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Alright, Torshavn half-marathon, three days ago. As said in the health and fitness thread, it was an against the odds lifetime best performance on a course - and in conditions - that weren't conducive to it. A Hygge band in my hair is rapidly becoming my trademark.

Finishing line.png

No problem with the band, but why stick a flag on the top of your head?

• Haha 6

23 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Feels like he's not been away at all nowĀ šŸ¤£ And yes, I know we all missed him very much. Looks like he's having fun though so fair play to him. Now here's hoping he sticks his head down, gets to the training ground puts in the work and is ready and focused for the upcoming season

cantwell.jpg

People reacted in the same way when they first saw Denis Compton's Brylcreem ads.Ā 

The shock never goes away.

9 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Alright, Torshavn half-marathon, three days ago. As said in the health and fitness thread, it was an against the odds lifetime best performance on a course - and in conditions - that weren't conducive to it. A Hygge band in my hair is rapidly becoming my trademark.

Finishing line.png

I know your pseudonym is a tribute to Bryan/Angus but your calves are the stuff of Muscle BeachĀ fantasy!

You should change your name to TheCalfShow as my mini chicken fillets cry in awe at their majesty!Ā 

• Haha 1

I'm treating Cantwell as a complete bonus next season. If he carries on from last season then we farm him out on loan and cut our losses at the end of the season. If he wants to play and has a good preseason then there is a guaranteed performer available in a squad with good options anyway.

On 15/06/2022 at 09:03, cambridgeshire canary said:

Feels like he's not been away at all nowĀ šŸ¤£ And yes, I know we all missed him very much. Looks like he's having fun though so fair play to him. Now here's hoping he sticks his head down, gets to the training ground puts in the work and is ready and focused for the upcoming season

cantwell.jpg...."SHABBA!".....

Ā 

16 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Todd's greatest talent remains his ability to keep his name in the mentions, it seems.

I can see why it frustrates people. After his (tbh useless) last 12 months, you would hope a few days before pre season kicks off he might have instead posted extra training he was doing or something. Not a holiday snap that he knows will **** people off (and make no mistake, he knows)

On the other hand, this is why I don't follow this stuff on socials. Life is toooo shoooort.

To be fair, to some people he can't post anything without it being taken negatively. But fans don't want to see him enjoying himself......they want to see a footballer.Ā  It's the opposite of the David Beckham syndrome imo - be a great footballer and then you wear a sarong, do your hair however you like and whatever - but difficult to do it the other way round.Ā  Another way of putting it is - don't walk the walk until you can talk the talk - and what people ask of him is what is more important, the self image or the football?

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

To be fair, to some people he can't post anything without it being taken negatively. But fans don't want to see him enjoying himself......they want to see a footballer.Ā  It's the opposite of the David Beckham syndrome imo - be a great footballer and then you wear a sarong, do your hair however you like and whatever - but difficult to do it the other way round.Ā  Another way of putting it is - don't walk the walk until you can talk the talk - and what people ask of him is what is more important, the self image or the football?

exactly i still think it is very sad that he craves attention ,

you can see he craves the good attention but when he gets negative or criticised he will not like it and takes it hard and it effects himĀ 

he needs to throw social media away and let his football do the talking he is a good footballer

but rubbish atĀ trying to be a social mediaĀ celebrity

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

No problem with the band, but why stick a flag on the top of your head?

Simple, you need a feckin' frontal lobotomy to decide to go on the attack on that course. Especially the climb out of Hvitanes. šŸ˜„

12 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

I know your pseudonym is a tribute to Bryan/Angus but your calves are the stuff of Muscle BeachĀ fantasy!

You should change your name to TheCalfShow as my mini chicken fillets cry in awe at their majesty!Ā 

To be fair, thirty years of five-a-side goalkeeping have done that. When you spend prolonged periods of time in a semi-squat and you're ready to dive/leap/power forward at any opportunity, there's a lot going through the calves and knees.

One old friend of mine, who sadly is no longer with us due to suicide, once quipped to the rest of our five-a-side team that I had "cows, not calves". He was a karate black belt, second dan, and could kick like a bloody mule.

• Thanks 1

Starting to respect the energy he's putting into winding up those people that get wound up about things on footbaler's timelines.

Ā 

Ā 

23 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Starting to respect the energy he's putting into winding up those people that get wound up about things on footbaler's timelines.

Ā 

Ā 

This could be a problem. TC seems to haveĀ developed some form of back problem and canā€™t sit straight any more.Ā 

Maybe he picked it up sitting on the bench last season in Bournemouth.Ā 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Ā 

Ā 

If he was intelligent enough for this to be the case Iā€™d probably agree with you, but the closed eyed, nostril viewing, Lamborghini ā€˜hintingā€™ irrelevance of his post is nothing less than him genuinely thinking he is being subtle and accidentally on purpose showing his wealth.Ā 

14 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Do you think this is his climax face?Ā 

Ask his mum.

Ouch.

Mistake.

Tin Hat.

Edited by The Bristol Nest
I was going to write ask his dadšŸ¤
  • Haha 2

Do LamboĀ still make tractors...possible loan move? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤£

Apples

Not a chance he plays a competitive game for us again. With 12 months left on his contract and how this season went they will cash on him. Even if that's Ā£5m then so be it. His time here is over.

14 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Not a chance he plays a competitive game for us again. With 12 months left on his contract and how this season went they will cash on him. Even if that's Ā£5m then so be it. His time here is over.

Yep

On 16/06/2022 at 05:56, canarybubbles said:

He's 24 years old and he's a terrible model for our youngsters. We are a club who are placing a lot of our hopes for the future on our youth development. My feeling is we get rid of himĀ at any cost.

It would have been brilliant to have had an update from Todd today. Forget training and all that crap. Letā€™s see the lad riding the roller coaster on the Denes and getting his eye brows plucked in some side street seedy parlour. Iā€™m sureĀ 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

It would have been brilliant to have had an update from Todd today. Forget training and all that crap. Letā€™s see the lad riding the roller coaster on the Denes and getting his eye brows plucked in some side street seedy parlour.Ā 

Ā 

52 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Iā€™d be utterly gobsmackedĀ to get Ā£5 million for himĀ 

1 hour ago, SwearyCanary said:

If he was intelligent enough for this to be the case Iā€™d probably agree with you, but the closed eyed, nostril viewing, Lamborghini ā€˜hintingā€™ irrelevance of his post is nothing less than him genuinely thinking he is being subtle and accidentally on purpose showing his wealth.Ā 

I remember watching an interview he did a few years back and getting the impression that he was a thinĀ skinned tw@ but not not entirely thick.Ā 

I could obviously be misreading him but I think he knows what he's doing.

Ā 

Edited by KeiranShikari

22 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Iā€™d be utterly gobsmackedĀ to get Ā£5 million for himĀ 

If he is sold I would assume we will insist on a heftyĀ add-on for performances, in case he does come good elsewhere.

Todd Cantwell would easily fetch Ā£5,000,000, I mean if he wasn't a Norwich player we would probably think that was a potential bargain for a talented 24 year old who has had some problems at another club. I'm not saying that's logical, just that this is the mentality of football transfers.

I have no idea if he is right for Norwich anymore, but our perspective is distorted by our disappointed hopes not by his lack of relative ability or value.

55 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I remember watching an interview he did a few years back and getting the impression that he was a thinĀ skinned tw@ but not not entirely thick.Ā 

Ā 

I do hope not, I'd much rather think of him as a naive, misguided eejit, than a calculating shoitebag.Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Ā 

I've been of the opinion for a long time that Todd is very, very specific with his use of socials & media.Ā As I said earlier in the thread, his best talent may well be his ability to keep his name in the zeitgeist- see the 'sitting on pitch looking sad' incident or 'I have a lot of heart for Norwich' interview for prime examplesĀ 

6 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I do hope not, I'd much rather think of him as a naive, misguided eejit, than a calculating shoitebag.Ā 

I definitely read him as the latter, which is why I've said above that we should keep him as far away as possible from our under 23s and under 18s. When you are 17, someone who is 24 can seem very old, wise and sophisticated, but close enough in age to seem to understand you and therefore influence you.

Even if I'm wrong, and Cantwell is a poor little misled lamb, surely the precautionary principle should still apply. He caused trouble at the start of 2020/21, he caused trouble throughout 21/22; please let's not let him go for the hat-trick.

EDIT: Let me make clear I couldn't care less about his hairstyle or his tattoos or his social media. Our concern should be Norwich City football club, and CantwellĀ has hadĀ a terrible influence on that for the last two years.Ā 

Edited by canarybubbles

46 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I definitely read him as the latter, which is why I've said above that we should keep him as far away as possible from our under 23s and under 18s. When you are 17, someone who is 24 can seem very old, wise and sophisticated, but close enough in age to seem to understand you and therefore influence you.

Even if I'm wrong, and Cantwell is a poor little misled lamb, surely the precautionary principle should still apply. He caused trouble at the start of 2020/21, he caused trouble throughout 21/22; please let's not let him go for the hat-trick.

EDIT: Let me make clear I couldn't care less about his hairstyle or his tattoos or his social media. Our concern should be Norwich City football club, and CantwellĀ has hadĀ a terrible influence on that for the last two years.Ā 

You could well be right, you certainly are about how his situation looks, from the outside at least.Ā 

I neither give two hoots about his hairstyle ( corn rows do look silly though) Tattoos etc etc.... And I also just want what's best for the club.

I'd love to see an open apology and a return to hard work from him....I'm not , however, holding my breath.