13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Unless Dean Smith states that he wants to give Todd Cantwell another chance, people like you are seriously undermining his management by insisting that Cantwell should be picked in case he finds some form again. Dean Smith decided he didn't want him, I trust Dean Smith.

Hahaha! The very idea that Dean Smith's management is being "seriously undermined" by people like me, hilarious!  And where did I say that "Cantwell should be picked"? Absolutely nowhere, of course, but let's face it, you never let facts get in the way of prejudice. All I have said is that fans haranguing Cantwell for trivial social media posts are doing nothing to help him recover his form, and neither are they assisting the club to make best use of him as a player. Not a particularly difficult point to grasp. 

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Quick check online says 20, including FA cup that they got knocked out of. 11 in the championship.

So at a lesser standard and playing 1/4 of the games of his contemporaries, to be completely fair to him he can be forgiven for only statistically being around 1/4 of a full players stats.

So a bit of quick maths, just punching some numbers into a calculator…..hang on…….can’t work it out, even if I calculate 1/4 of just 1 single goal involvement (assist and/or goal) I manage to get 1/4 of a goal involvement which just happens to be higher than Todd’s grand total input of………

……..ZERO! 

You’re right though, shouldn’t really judge him on a paltry 20 (yes TWENTY) games. Wonder how many minutes per goal involvement 20 games equates to…. Where’s that calculator gone 

😂😂😂😂😂

What a joke! He started 15 games. I wonder how many other midfielders who started 15 games last season have precisely the same stats as Cantwell? Nobody denied he had a loss of form; that's why he went out on loan FFS. Neither you nor I know what caused that loss of form. The difference is you wish to take the opportunity of that loss of form to vilify  the young man for a few trivial social media posts. How that is supposed to be helpful to the player or club God only knows.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, horsefly said:

What a joke! He started 15 games. I wonder how many other midfielders who started 15 games last season have precisely the same stats as Cantwell? Nobody denied he had a loss of form; that's why he went out on loan FFS. Neither you nor I know what caused that loss of form. The difference is you wish to take the opportunity of that loss of form to vilify  the young man for a few trivial social media posts. How that is supposed to be helpful to the player or club God only knows.

My memory is a bit hazy, but wasn't Cantwell injured, then his return from injury being so slow launched questions about Farke's judgement regarding not including him back in the team? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

My memory is a bit hazy, but wasn't Cantwell injured, then his return from injury being so slow launched questions about Farke's judgement regarding not including him back in the team? 

Yep!

20 hours ago, Paul101 said:

I think the word  you was looking for was Misapprpriation

but this in indeed bollox Traditionally, cornrow braids are plaited in straight lines. Native Americans, Greeks, Romans and Celtic (Irish) art have depicted people in cornrows

and you can bet all you like he had Celtic and Roman genetics are 98% of english decent do  weirdly one part of cornwall doesnt

me thinks you read to much twitter

Me thinks you don’t know a joke 🤷‍♂️

13 hours ago, horsefly said:

Hahaha! The very idea that Dean Smith's management is being "seriously undermined" by people like me, hilarious!  And where did I say that "Cantwell should be picked"? Absolutely nowhere, of course, but let's face it, you never let facts get in the way of prejudice. All I have said is that fans haranguing Cantwell for trivial social media posts are doing nothing to help him recover his form, and neither are they assisting the club to make best use of him as a player. Not a particularly difficult point to grasp. 

Strange that you should in one post talk about how little influence you’d have on Dean Smith’s management but then in the immediate post after you claim that my pointing out factually that Cantwell scored and assisted ZERO last season as well as not liking his trashy media posts (which he doesn’t know because I don’t follow him), ‘how is this supposed to be helpful to the player or club?’ 

Surely I have about as much influence over the player and the club as you do over DS? But then I guess that’s pretty devastating to your defence 😂

You’re not great at this are you? 

Edited by SwearyCanary

12 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Ah yes, the mystery injury that the second Dean Smith arrived miraculously cleared up for him to start and get hooked at half time, not through injury but through being turd. Farke’s judgement was so spot on, as was Dean Smith’s the second he shipped Cantwell out and saved us a few pennies in his wages. Bournemouth didn’t bring in a loanee who was injured, he will have had a full medical and he managed a good chunk of games in a Bournemouth side second only to Fulham in a very poor league and Cantwell STILL looked average and STILL made no goal involvements. I’ll bet every single attacking midfielder with the weird hype generated by Cantwell for 6 good games in a premier league season given 15-20 games would expect at least one goal involvement in a dominating team at the top of the second tier. 

Maybe it’s too much to expect nearly half a season to pass without merit, but let’s be honest, there are defenders with better stats for 15 games than Cantwell as Farke pointed out in the second half of that season where he was getting plaudits - comparing his record to Zimmerman 

Kind of depressing that mid transfer window we are discussing Todd, not the likely departures nor arrivals.  I am looking forward to the the next post about lack of ambition or our ownership.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Strange that you should in one post talk about how little influence you’d have on Dean Smith’s management but then in the immediate post after you claim that my pointing out factually that Cantwell scored and assisted ZERO last season as well as not liking his trashy media posts (which he doesn’t know because I don’t follow him), ‘how is this supposed to be helpful to the player or club?’ 

Surely I have about as much influence over the player and the club as you do over DS? But then I guess that’s pretty devastating to your defence 😂

You’re not great at this are you? 

Oh dear! Perhaps you have never heard or read the countless comments from footballers on the receiving end of hostility and booing from their own fans.

8 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’ll bet every single attacking midfielder with the weird hype generated by Cantwell for 6 good games in a premier league season given 15-20 games would expect at least one goal involvement in a dominating team at the top of the second tier. 

You mean like Bournemouth's central attacking midfielder, Gavin Kilkenny; 14 appearances, zero assists, zero goals?

• Haha 1

Based on Davit and Seaman's comments in yesterday's Q&A there is next to no chance of Cantwell having a future with Norwich City.

41 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Based on Davit and Seaman's comments in yesterday's Q&A there is next to no chance of Cantwell having a future with Norwich City.

I mean in fairness, given Farke, Smith and Parker couldn’t get a tune out of him, Cantwell coming back and pulling up trees was never likely to happen. Whatever the situation it’s a real damn shame it’s come to this. Good player, great youth academy poster boy but just got into his own head a bit. 

Something that has been missing in this conversation, if he is still unsettled and thus not busting a gut to get this football club promoted, we still are paying him £20+k a week to train but not be involved. In this harsh economic climate that is unacceptable. It’s not a ‘oh well let’s hope he can turn up’ situation. He is getting paid a huge amount and at what point does pride, sense of perspective, self ownership not kick in? 

Half of fans are mollycoddling him like he is a helpless child being oppressed by mean old Webber. He is a 24 year old man who was given a huge opportunity and a stack of cash. Be a man, dry your eyes, take responsibility for your career, realise how lucky you are and get on with it!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, horsefly said:

You mean like Bournemouth's central attacking midfielder, Gavin Kilkenny; 14 appearances, zero assists, zero goals?

Yeah He is rubbish too. Like Cantwell. Nice searching though. 

Edited by SwearyCanary

10 hours ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! Perhaps you have never heard or read the countless comments from footballers on the receiving end of hostility and booing from their own fans.

So are you saying that you DO have an influence on Dean Smith now?

Oh dear. You’re contradicting yourself again. 

12 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

So are you saying that you DO have an influence on Dean Smith now?

Oh dear. You’re contradicting yourself again. 

Best you get a dictionary and look up the word "contradiction". Pointing out that Dean Smith will make his own decision regarding Cantwell's future free from fan influence is hardly what one might call a controversial truth. Pointing out that footballers on the receiving end of fan hostility and booing can be adversely affected is hardly controversial either, plenty of individual players have said precisely that. There is nothing remotely contradictory in holding both those rather obvious claims to be true.

I never have, and never will boo an NCFC player or manager because of loss of form. I find it weird that you should be so upset that all I have said on this thread is that a player should be allowed to recover his form free from abuse generated because you don't like his social media profile. Not once has he criticised the club, his colleagues, or fans in his posts (unlike many other footballers). Dean Smith will decide whether Cantwell still has a future at the club, he won't be influenced by anyone in his decision making. 

The issue with Cantwell is his standing with the rest of the squad. If they think he is a **** and have no respect for him then it isn't going to work. They won't pass the ball to him!

I don't know if he is a popular lad or not really. I'm not aware of evidence either way.