Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

How does Todd saga end?

1. He puts his head down, rediscovers form and becomes a Canary legend. 

2. He sulks some more, winds down his contract and soon ends up playing for a Lowestoft town.

3. He is sold this summer and becomes an average champs player

4. other…

He has an epiphany and retrains as a scientist, invents a cure for everything but as no-one dies he becomes a pariah and is sent on loan to Mars.

• Haha 1

He's going to travel to the year 3000 where he'll find not much has changed but they live underwater...... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Goals and assists will be essential and i think Smith will do everything to keep him on board. I can't see many goals coming from elsewhere on the current team sheet .. 

I don't think he'll be sold this summer as I can't see a Premier League club wanting him and an average Championship club won't be able to afford him.

Hopefully it will be outcome 1. but I suspect he'll run down his contract and end up in the Championship or League One as a free agent.

• Like 1

Him posting an Instagram with 'You don't even know the truth' then being loaned to Ipswich with him posting another Instagram of him sitting on a tractor with #tractorboylife.

Or something like that 

3 minutes ago, JPukks said:

Him posting an Instagram with 'You don't even know the truth' then being loaned to Ipswich with him posting another Instagram of him sitting on a tractor with #tractorboylife.

Or something like that 

Ha ha - I could actually see it is the sad bit 

20 minutes ago, JPukks said:

Or something like that 

I know an ex-Tory MP who would be interested in that pic if you ever find it. He'll cough up good money (and a career).

Strikes me his priority in life is not his football career. Much like Lee Sharpe at Man Utd many years ago. Undoubtedly talented but he was happy for his career to take a backseat in favour of a party lifestyle, think that's why Ferguson sold him in the end. Could see Cantwell just fading away without so much as a whimper to be honest, preferring to live his life through his social media profiles. Hope I'm wrong and he turns it round as he's a cracking player when fully fit and engaged.

• Like 1

Whatever happens with us, a promising academy product I just hope he doesn't throw away a promising career. It isn't uncommon for young players to sometimes struggle. Ravel Morrison and Dele Ali spring to mind in recent years. Let's hope he can push past it, I hope it's for us but if it isn't I hope he does well for himself

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Todd will discover the Emperor is his father and ultimately kill him.

The emperor is merely a puppet. Everyone knows Jar Jar is the real sith master

image.png.d1d28e4466644492991d56985a5b5e75.png

Probably better than the saga involving you and anything to do with anti-racism and LGBTQ+... 

• Haha 1

Maybe our new CDM, Hayden, can have a word with Cantwell?  Here is his view of talented players screwing their careers up versus his progress as a less talented player.

“There are players that should’ve made it. If they had my mentality and belief they’d be much better players than me, but sometimes they don’t have that."

• Like 1

I really hope I am wrong but I think his career is in a tricky place.  If he is not brilliant this season he will be looking for a club at 25 year old, having had 1 okay ish premiership season, and 1 successful championship season, followed by 2 years of nothing.   I do not think NCFC will invest too much effort in his development, as there is not sell on value, so better giving the opportunities to Rowe etc, than trying to rejuvenate Todd - unless he is exceptional.  It is really hard to see how he attracts a high value contract when he leaves.  I hope I am wrong but I was so optimistic following his performances in 19.20, and now it is hard to visualise how his career can really fullfil the initial potential.

55 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Maybe our new CDM, Hayden, can have a word with Cantwell?  Here is his view of talented players screwing their careers up versus his progress as a less talented player.

“There are players that should’ve made it. If they had my mentality and belief they’d be much better players than me, but sometimes they don’t have that."

I am not sure Haydon is less talented, I just think he works hard, I have to be honest I am delighted we signed him.  I was half expecting a longstaff to turn up.  I have watch Newcastle several times and Haydon was their best player, a real leader on the pitch.  I am really confused about what is in it for Haydon coming here.  Just hope he is not crocked and no one else was willing to take him.

I did wonder about Newcastles cast offs, they have been recruiting strong and athletic players for a long time, there must be a few we could attract.  Perhaps a swap deal Hugill for St Maximin.