Greavsy

Cantwell (Again!)

I for one think it would be great to hear the thoughts of a current Norwich City footballer...

I think he needs to put all this aside, strap up his boots, get his head down and rediscover his form. If he can grow up a bit the crowd would love him again. But it’s time for the tik tok sulky persona to go 

Not sure what the issue is here. Other professional footballers have podcasts, including in the Premie League. He's allowed to have a life outside of his job.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Legend Iwan said:

Not sure what the issue is here. Other professional footballers have podcasts, including in the Premie League. He's allowed to have a life outside of his job.

Then why doesn’t he just do it!

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Another dose of look at me from the man child.

don't be nasty it has took him 3 years to grow that fluff on his chin ! 

• Haha 4

His career has faltered - almost come to a stop - so he should concentrate on that, not on social media. If he can't get his career on track, he will soon lose his followers anyway.......maybe he is one of perhaps many, who live their lives through their phones/ipads. Would have thought the penny would have dropped by now, though. 

Hmmm...........his ego seems to know no bounds.....sadly that can't be said for his efforts on the playing field of late 🤨

You can have all the talent in the world, but with his mentality you’ll never make the most of it. On the other side of the coin look at Zimmerman. Not the most gifted of players but a brilliant mentality that has maximised his career.

I personally can’t stand the narcissistic side of social media. This craze of posting endless pictures of yourself is ridiculous. Can you imagine, before social media, if someone carried a photo album around with them. Just to update you with their latest pictures. It’s madness. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Legend Iwan said:

Webber isn't.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm starting to think he might be doing this on purpose..

Possibly the smartest thing you've ever said, trouble is , I'm not sure Todd is that smart.

100% sick of Cantwell and this never-ending charade. Most fans would play for NCFC for their current wage and forgo any 'right' to use social media. Grow up and actually earn your flipping money. Like it or not, you ARE in the public eye and need to be mindful of who/what you're portraying. Take a leaf out of Max's book - he manages somehow. I know the rant is a little out of context with this actual post (Tweet - whatever) but just so frustrated with the waste of talent in favour of his online persona.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm starting to think he might be doing this on purpose..

Certainly looks deliberate.

You'd have to be pretty clumsy to accidentally take a photo of yourself, format text top and bottom, setup a vote and then post it to social media.

For the record, I'd listen if was interesting.  But I expect it would be a load of roadmen talk.

• Haha 5

Depends what the podcast was about, and how honest & self-reflective he was in it.  Could actually serve a positive purpose for both him and his potential listeners.

More generally though, I think it's a dogsh1t idea.  He can do that after he retires from pro football, which may be sooner than he wants unless he really gives it his all.

Edited by Orly

Just now, Google Bot said:

You'd have to be pretty clumsy to accidentally take a photo of yourself, format text top and bottom, setup a vote and then post it to social media.

For the record, I'd listen if was interesting.  But I expect it would be a load of roadmen talk.

What is roadmen talk Boto?... I live in Rural Ireland, here, roadmen talk would be two guys leaning on shovels chatting when they should be digging drains.

• Haha 1

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

What is roadmen talk Boto?... I live in Rural Ireland, here, roadmen talk would be two guys leaning on shovels chatting when they should be digging drains.

Well, Cantwell's certainly digging a hole for himself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

His career has faltered - almost come to a stop - so he should concentrate on that, not on social media. If he can't get his career on track, he will soon lose his followers anyway.......maybe he is one of perhaps many, who live their lives through their phones/ipads. Would have thought the penny would have dropped by now, though. 

you would of thought the experience of

Farke the man who brought Todd through and shared success 

Dean smith speaking  to him ( he got Jack Grealish focused and playing)

shakey would of talked to him about Leicester and how hard work pays off etc 

Scott Parker how hard work got him england caps and a good Career  etc 

these Managers are Experienced if that does not work or get the penny to drop nothing will 

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I would turn myself inside out with cringe if this happened.  Please god, no.

Cantwell is either badly advised or unmanageable.

He should ditch the social media, knuckle down and let his football do the talking only else he will quite rapidly I suspect have to find another profession - perhaps 'influencer for hair products' maybe.

Everything thing I've been told about TC is that he is very close to his parents so you have to wonder what they make of where he finds himself now, they must be very concerned for him.

He's quickly becoming a bit like some of the WUMs and **** stirrers on here who create threads to get a reaction, but is using social media instead.

The club he plays for has just been relegated, 3 managers have seen him this season and decided he is not worthy of a place in their team and his career in general is at a pivotal point, yet he all he is concerned about is if he should start a podcast or not. Some advice for you laddy get your **** to Colney and start fcuking training.

I probably should lighten up a bid, but my club has just been relegated and is in a bit of a ****!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Oh to see the likes of this again …..

Assume you mean pressing and winning the ball high up the pitch?