Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

6 hours ago, chicken said:

If Normann is on a free, which is rumoured, due to the FIFA rulings for Russian clubs, then in a way, I can see Normann being worthwhile. Whilst certainly not as good as we were hoping after the first 1/4-1/3 of the season, he was arguably the better signing we made of the central midfielders, at least adapted the quickest.

I suspect he isn't really the best DM but he also had a fair bit of time with Shakespeare and Smith, so if they decide he could work better with the other new signings and their system, I think it'd be worth a go.

I couldn't disagree more. He completely lacks the self-discipline to be a DM, can make the occasional Hollywood pass but is far too erratic to be a good CM, loses interest when he's not in the mood, and is an injury waiting to happen. We're well rid of him.

Well if one of our Championship rivals picked him up as a free signing before the season's start, I, for one, would be more than a little concerned.

Of course, that's based upon his initial impact, where he looked every bit the Premier League package, but then the player was quick to admit that he himself had been disappointed with his post-injury performances for the team.

There's a class act there, and one who has something to prove at Carrow Road. I wouldn't be against his return as a freebie on manageable wages and on the presumption that his injury problems were behind him.**

**Haven't we spent a small fortune installing state-of-the-art medical facilities and employed a small army of competent  medics at Colney in order to best cope with some of these injury problems? Every sinew, muscle, bone and hair on Sara's body seemed to have been thoroughly investigated in that recent clip about his first day. Presumably, Normann somehow managed to pass a similar test (??) He would certainly need to again before pen was put to paper.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I am one who would take Normann back in a heartbeat. 

Krul

Aaron's Omo Hanley Gio

Hayden Sorensen

Sara Normann Cantwell

Pukki

Some team that even If I say so myself plus all those left available. I know Max will probably go but we can get a suitable replacement for sure.

49 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Krul

Aaron's Omo Hanley Gio

Hayden Sorensen

Sara Normann Cantwell

Pukki

Some team that even If I say so myself plus all those left available. I know Max will probably go but we can get a suitable replacement for sure.

Cannot see Rashica being dropped and McLean will start over sorensen every week

59 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Krul

Aaron's Omo Hanley Gio

Hayden Sorensen

Sara Normann Cantwell

Pukki

That's taking a lot on trust regarding Hayden and Sara, who we haven't even seen play for the club yet. Plus a lot of faith in the longevity of Cantwell's return to the fold.

Yeah I forgot about Rashica and Dowell and Gibbs etc etc. It is early. Can anyone see a stronger squad than ours with more to come in. 

10 hours ago, chicken said:

If Normann is on a free, which is rumoured, due to the FIFA rulings for Russian clubs, then in a way, I can see Normann being worthwhile. Whilst certainly not as good as we were hoping after the first 1/4-1/3 of the season, he was arguably the better signing we made of the central midfielders, at least adapted the quickest.

I suspect he isn't really the best DM but he also had a fair bit of time with Shakespeare and Smith, so if they decide he could work better with the other new signings and their system, I think it'd be worth a go.

I’d say yes, if free, certainly showed far more than PLM when fit and on form.  But he did seem to want/expect top flight football so no idea how likely it might be. 

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’d say yes, if free, certainly showed far more than PLM when fit and on form.  But he did seem to want/expect top flight football so no idea how likely it might be. 

The Championship is a tough league. It needs consistent fitness and a lot of motivation. 

Not sure of Normann has both those qualities, so I feel that even on a free, he's not right for us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, komakino said:

The Championship is a tough league. It needs consistent fitness and a lot of motivation. 

Not sure of Normann has both those qualities, so I feel that even on a free, he's not right for us. 

Have him back in a heartbeat..with Hayden and Sara injury situation, we're about to start a season with McLean and Sorenson in midfield !!?!

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Have him back in a heartbeat..with Hayden and Sara injury situation, we're about to start a season with McLean and Sorenson in midfield !!?!

Not as bad as its sounds as McLean at this level is fine and Sorenson has something to prove, though it is an area for concern. 

We certainly have our fair share of injuries - even before they play! - but in general why are so many players getting injured this days? It's almost like players are now thoroughbred horses, with one knock and they're out. 

He would be a good signing for the Championship and I wouldn't want any of our rivals having him. 

The question for me is what has he been doing over the summer, how close to match fitness is he? In the context of NCFC he needs to be fit right now, not 6 weeks time.

From what people posted at odd points in the season, he appears to love himself too much to let his fitness wane, so I imagine he keeps himself reasonably fit.

I don't buy this talk of him thinking he is top flight material. Especially after last season. We're not far off seasons starting around Europe and he still has no team. At the end of the day, if you want a wage, you go where there is a job. If no one in top tier football has offered him anything yet, then better the devil you know.

Updated EFL named squad table for yus. I've still included Barden & Soto in the named squad although as they haven't been given a squad number they must be off. Thus after a busy day yesterday, we now have THREE, but more likely FIVE, spaces available in the EFL named squad. A few have been a bit concerned that the squad is looking thinner (which these figures perhaps bear out as if all players without a squad number in the table below are loaned out then the squad numbers 27) but I'd argue only in terms of experience as we have 7 good U21's in the numbered squad.  Do we really need Grabban? 🙂 I still think there will be at least two more incomings before the end of August.

image.thumb.png.700f1e69ad7b61465bdefac0f10e99c8.png

Sorensen something to prove, I disagree he has given evidence he has some ability.  However Smith not convinced even when the poor midfield efforts last season.  Think Smith definetely has something to prove.  

2 hours ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Yes, you would hire Normann without hesitation but he's far too good for tier 2 football, he knows it ... he won't go anywhere near it!

Whilst I think you’re probably right I don’t think he’ll get a premier league team going for him…he’s now failed with Brighton and us.

European top league maybe but expect he could at least earn as much with us…maybe more with a big promotion bonus

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Whilst I think you’re probably right I don’t think he’ll get a premier league team going for him…he’s now failed with Brighton and us.

European top league maybe but expect he could at least earn as much with us…maybe more with a big promotion bonus

I just don't get this "far too good for tier 2 football" concept at all. He really didn't look that good or consistent last season. Yes, he had an injury the season before which supposedly hampered him. I don't think many top tier clubs will look at him and think he's a dead cert top tier footballer.

As RB says, unless you are looking at lesser teams in France, possibly Germany and borderline Italy. And lets face it, most French teams are probably on par with us outside the top 8-10 teams if that, in the French top flight. Germany isn't drastically better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

I just don't get this "far too good for tier 2 football" concept at all. He really didn't look that good or consistent last season. Yes, he had an injury the season before which supposedly hampered him. I don't think many top tier clubs will look at him and think he's a dead cert top tier footballer.

As RB says, unless you are looking at lesser teams in France, possibly Germany and borderline Italy. And lets face it, most French teams are probably on par with us outside the top 8-10 teams if that, in the French top flight. Germany isn't drastically better.

Though he had decent spells last season, and will probably shine in a team on the front foot, the bigger concern for me is bringing in another player who has a patchy injury record. 

8 minutes ago, chicken said:

Frankfurt finished 11th last season but won the Europa League with some superb displays. Are we on par with them? I don’t think so. 

5 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Though he had decent spells last season, and will probably shine in a team on the front foot, the bigger concern for me is bringing in another player who has a patchy injury record. 

Most players in this day and age do though. Hanley didn't before he came to us, and to be fair, I think even he would say he would have liked to have played more football in his time here so far.

Zimbo was dependable until Haller's horrendous tackle.

I think he was past the worst of it last season, especially once he came back. And the advantage we have now, is an entire season of having monitored and worked with the injury. Wouldn't surprise me if behind the scenes, we'd let him stay and use the facilities at Colney whilst he looked for a new club.

I do wonder how much his parent club being Russian is impacting on potential moves too? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Frankfurt finished 11th last season but won the Europa League with some superb displays. Are we on par with them? I don’t think so. 

So a side that finished higher up the season before, struggled with both league and European competitions? Leicester?

It's always easy to find an exception that breaks the rule, to attempt to beat the argument. Something you have often done in the past, just to be contrary. Not to mention not actually reading my statement correctly.

And lets face it, most French teams are probably on par with us outside the top 8-10 teams if that, in the French top flight. Germany isn't drastically better.

Hopefully you understand that when I say "Germany isn't drastically better" I am saying that the German Bundesliga is better than the French Ligue Un just not so much better that they are light years apart.

5 minutes ago, chicken said:

I think he was past the worst of it last season, especially once he came back. And the advantage we have now, is an entire season of having monitored and worked with the injury. Wouldn't surprise me if behind the scenes, we'd let him stay and use the facilities at Colney whilst he looked for a new club.

This is an excellent point. I thought Normann got rumoured “staying” with us a few weeks too. I guess a big part of it rests with him too and whether he wants to prove he has what it takes. 

3 minutes ago, chicken said:

So a side that finished higher up the season before, struggled with both league and European competitions? Leicester?

It's always easy to find an exception that breaks the rule, to attempt to beat the argument. Something you have often done in the past, just to be contrary. Not to mention not actually reading my statement correctly.

Hopefully you understand that when I say "Germany isn't drastically better" I am saying that the German Bundesliga is better than the French Ligue Un just not so much better that they are light years apart.

I agree with you regarding French teams but I’d argue most Bundersliga teams are drastically better. On that note I wish you a fine day as I head off to work for a grafting shift. 

14 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

They're also following Kabak and Brandon Williams too. 

Kabak gone to Hoffenheim. So thankfully not getting him back.

On the Normann front I see the no.16 shirt hasn't been allocated to anyone else, which is what he wore last season. He's coming home 🤣

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

They're also following Kabak and Brandon Williams too. 

I think it's more a case of having unfollowing him and then following him again. Who knows? 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I agree with you regarding French teams but I’d argue most Bundersliga teams are drastically better. On that note I wish you a fine day as I head off to work for a grafting shift. 

Have a good shift... did that for 12yrs, hard work.