Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

So he's not a cut and dry auto pass then, interesting. I wonder if we'll be able to make a case to get it done or this is a get a deal done and keep him their on loan for another season so he passes.

5 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

So he's not a cut and dry auto pass then, interesting. I wonder if we'll be able to make a case to get it done or this is a get a deal done and keep him their on loan for another season so he passes.

As @YellowSubmarine pointed out earlier today, he's a youth player so we could appeal on the basis that he has significant potential-not guaranteed though, and it would cost us £5k to do!.

Edited by Mr Angry
removed image

4 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Considering that he hadn't played any professional football six months ago, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that we'd leave him there until the end of the MLS season in the winter.

13 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

As @YellowSubmarine pointed out earlier today, he's a youth player so we could appeal on the basis that he has significant potential-not guaranteed though, and it would cost us £5k to do!.

That's what I had assumed. He's played most games since making his debut and if he's clearly impressed enough for Webber to fly out there and try to convince him in person.

3 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

You're right, Black's was first, 66. Had no idea it was a Burt Bacharach song.

Also, it's a **** song.

Careful what you say about Burt Bacharach now… Absolute giant of popular music.

I can’t see Webber flying all the way out there for:

a) a player he didn’t think he could get a permit for

b) a player who wasn’t ready to join the team immediately.

Webber knows he’s under mountain pressure.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bovril said:

And Kei Kamara is a team mate so he will know a lot about us as KK loved his time with us.

• Like 1

I always get super excited when we go in for these budding superstars who are destined to rule the world.

I had just got over Connor McGrandles' failure to make a mark, with the help of a course of diazepam, when we signed Christos Tzolis. 

The latter's indifferent first season at the club has required copious doses of alcohol in order to come to terms with.

But hey! Stuart Webber never lets us down.

Let's hope that  Ismael Kone is the real deal. He looks the part. He sounds the part.

I'm excited all over again.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Careful what you say about Burt Bacharach now… Absolute giant of popular music.

Absolutely, but no one has a 100% success rate.

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Absolutely, but no one has a 100% success rate.

True, but anyone who wrote I Say a Little Prayer, even without considering the rest, deserves a bit of reverence. (I’ll shut up now)

10 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

The appeal process will probably be based on he’s a high potential player and go on to become a regular international at an upcoming nation. It’s more than likely he’ll go to Qatar, even more so if he moves to us. 

19 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

We can’t afford those proven signings to a requisite level that is going to improve us. Look at the fees and wages Forest are paying for their premier league punts. Until we have our very own (alleged) drug kingpin bankrolling the club we have to hope enough of these punts will come off one day for us to scrape 17th before not enough come off to move us to championship mid table mediocrity.

Alas, somebody with some sense

14 hours ago, Bovril said:

Just curious, is Webber under a mountain of pressure or under mounting pressure?  😂

47 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Just curious, is Webber under a mountain of pressure or under mounting pressure?  😂

He was recently mounting a mountain to escape the mounting mountain of pressure.

Was PLMs transfer a total shock to the club I wonder? When it was announced I wasn’t fussed as I was sure we would have someone lined up straight away and was expecting a deal announced early week. It now Wednesday and the chances of having someone in for Cardiff look pretty slim. With the two injured signings and the vacant PLM slot we really aren’t starting the season well midfield wise, it’s Kenny plus Lungi then.

3 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Was PLMs transfer a total shock to the club I wonder? 

Probably in a sense of that somebody actually came in for him..They obviously knew he wanted to go and at that sort of price I'm sure they believe they can do better. 

Sorensen, McLean and deeper than usual Todd Cantwell is the 3 I'm predicting, 

15 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Timmy Krul on his way if true? 

Screenshot_20220727-181406~2.png

From some random blue tick european account. More the case that McGovern would be ready to step into full time coaching anyway.

• Like 1

Just seen that Gerrard might be looking to let El Ghazi go on loan, as there’s not been much interest in sides going for him on a permanent.  We were (probably lazily) linked with him when Smith started here, but he might not be a bad shout.

Forest now hard on the trail of William Carvalho apparently, who we were heavily linked to last summer. Be interesting to see how he fares if so, likely better than Gilmour did at any rate 

30 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Just seen that Gerrard might be looking to let El Ghazi go on loan, as there’s not been much interest in sides going for him on a permanent.  We were (probably lazily) linked with him when Smith started here, but he might not be a bad shout.

He probably could do better than us, but he'd be a cracking signing if we could get him.

5 hours ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Was PLMs transfer a total shock to the club I wonder? When it was announced I wasn’t fussed as I was sure we would have someone lined up straight away and was expecting a deal announced early week. It now Wednesday and the chances of having someone in for Cardiff look pretty slim. With the two injured signings and the vacant PLM slot we really aren’t starting the season well midfield wise, it’s Kenny plus Lungi then.

I think they just decided to sell as they got a reasonable offer. There seems to be little strategic planning involved with our “outs” this summer. I suspect he was still firmly in our plans two weeks ago. 

20 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Forest now hard on the trail of William Carvalho apparently, who we were heavily linked to last summer. Be interesting to see how he fares if so, likely better than Gilmour did at any rate 

He runs about as fast as most people walk, but no doubt a very solid signing if they pull it off

6 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

It was a play on words that is so bad that it just about makes sense 😄

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

That's actually quite interesting as I'm sure Michael Bailey said we could also be looking at a winger as well as a CM, which is the first we had been told of looking at that position this summer. It's possible this is who it could be as it's a loan.

Would just like to point out that back on June 26th, I posted on the Ins and Outs thread El Ghazi would be a player I tried to bring in on loan. 

Think he'd be a great signing. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow

1 hour ago, Bovril said:

It was a play on words that is so bad that it just about makes sense 😄

I thought it was very clever 

• Like 1