Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

40 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Think he can play both.

He's 34 and has played less than 20 games over the last 3 seasons, would be a monumental downgrade. Add to the fact that even if he can play both sides he's naturally a left back.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, repman said:

He's 34 and has played less than 20 games over the last 3 seasons, would be a monumental downgrade. Add to the fact that even if he can play both sides he's naturally a left back.

He’s smokin’ on grass though.

Taxi!

Edited by Nuff Said

14 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Bong started 4 games last season and 9 the season before that. He’s 34. He has never played right back as far as I can see (stats are a bit sketchy for his early career in France).

I confidently predict that he will not be Max’s replacement if he leaves.

Yes, he's bong average. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, repman said:

Fair enough, I honestly didn't know he was that age! 

Lewis Grabban, anyone?

Very much doubt there is anything in this - it's from an account with only a few followers, although seems to have tweeted a bit about Forest. But also as I don't see where he'd fit in, unless we're expecting more departures.

Still, this is the post for rumours...

https://twitter.com/OliverJenkinsNF/status/1550520459371851777?t=vI8My7r9XxvlnRJsI90ckw&s=19

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Bong started 4 games last season and 9 the season before that. He’s 34. He has never played right back as far as I can see (stats are a bit sketchy for his early career in France).

I confidently predict that he will not be Max’s replacement if he leaves.

Great name though 😇

5 minutes ago, CaptCanary said:

Lewis Grabban, anyone?

Very much doubt there is anything in this - it's from an account with only a few followers, although seems to have tweeted a bit about Forest. But also as I don't see where he'd fit in, unless we're expecting more departures.

https://twitter.com/OliverJenkinsNF/status/1550520459371851777?t=vI8My7r9XxvlnRJsI90ckw&s=19

Same Twitter user:

8 minutes ago, CaptCanary said:

Lewis Grabban, anyone?

Grabban was better than many on here seemed to think. No idea what he’s like now though.

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Grabban was better than many on here seemed to think. No idea what he’s like now though.

Saying this.. Would be silly given we have Idah and Hugil, and given Grabban once ran off on us and all. I'm calling BS

Grabban is an out and out mercenary but he's a decent footballer. I don't see where he's any better than what we have so I'd be really surprised.

“Lewis Grabban will reunite with the Norwich fans again”?  That’s a random way of putting it. I’m calling b-s anyway.

Edited by Branston Pickle

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Saying this.. Would be silly given we have Idah and Hugil, and given Grabban once ran off on us and all. I'm calling BS

"Once ran off on us"? I thought he tried to run off with someone, which is why he had to leave.? There's nothing like a half-remembered bit of gossip.

6 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Do we know why he went awol?

From memory he was trying to force a move back to Bournemouth. And we were playing Rotherham in the cup I believe. I don’t think he ever settled at Norwich and maybe he thought he was going to be the main striker which accolade went to Jerome. 

I know some say he’s a mercenary but he was at Bournemouth and Forest for a good while. Doubt we’ll see him again here though. 

• Like 2

I soon as I noticed that Grabban tweet earlier on I knew people would be discussing it in here. The guy's bio on twitter is 'reliable football journalist' and he has 40 followers ffs.

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Are we looking for this thread to be deleted?!

Yeah come on guys, this is the rumour thread, not let's post our evidence we should be committed to a mental facility thread. 

8 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I soon as I noticed that Grabban tweet earlier on I knew people would be discussing it in here. The guy's bio on twitter is 'reliable football journalist' and he has 40 followers ffs.

I had a quick look at what else he’s “reported” and he appears to have predicted Forest’s recent transfers. (With the caveat that he might have tweeted after they were announced or just repeated what someone else had already said).

26 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Do we know why he went awol?

18 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

From memory he was trying to force a move back to Bournemouth. And we were playing Rotherham in the cup I believe. I don’t think he ever settled at Norwich and maybe he thought he was going to be the main striker which accolade went to Jerome. 

I know some say he’s a mercenary but he was at Bournemouth and Forest for a good while. Doubt we’ll see him again here though. 

Pretty much this. He got an offer from Bournmouth that he wanted us to accept and he wanted to join them and we said no and he threw a hissy fit and ran off.

Norwich instagram refollowing Normann is the current news (that isn't really news but might end up being news).

More interesting than somebody claiming we're going to sign Grabban again anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Rudd has retired; he's doing his coaching badges.

Had no idea!

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Norwich instagram refollowing Normann is the current news (that isn't really news but might end up being news).

More interesting than somebody claiming we're going to sign Grabban again anyway. 

If Normann is on a free, which is rumoured, due to the FIFA rulings for Russian clubs, then in a way, I can see Normann being worthwhile. Whilst certainly not as good as we were hoping after the first 1/4-1/3 of the season, he was arguably the better signing we made of the central midfielders, at least adapted the quickest.

I suspect he isn't really the best DM but he also had a fair bit of time with Shakespeare and Smith, so if they decide he could work better with the other new signings and their system, I think it'd be worth a go.

I think we learned last year that he's not a defensive midfielder. Link's rubbish anyway, almost certainly won't be signing him.

• Like 1