Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

Normann can even move back in his old house. It's still empty!

Edited by The Raptor
Evil seagulls

4 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Normann can even move back in his old house. It's still empty!

And considering where we are with our first game next week, he knows the players, he knows the club, he wouldn't need much time to get up and running. Could come in on Monday and start training and be an option for the weekend.

Part of me seriously doubts any validity of this, and I suspect it will be another player, possibly a loan. But there is some logic in there to it. 

I think it won’t happen because of Normann’s aspirations, but Hayden at CDM with Sara and Normann playing box to box would be very impressive in the Championship.  McLean, Lungi, and the young guys as back up would be very tidy if we play 4 3 3

1 hour ago, chicken said:

And considering where we are with our first game next week, he knows the players, he knows the club, he wouldn't need much time to get up and running. Could come in on Monday and start training and be an option for the weekend.

Part of me seriously doubts any validity of this, and I suspect it will be another player, possibly a loan. But there is some logic in there to it. 

Are all foreign players in Russia still in effect available as free agents or did that finish at the end of June, and to sign the likes of Normann would now involve a transfer fee?

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Are all foreign players in Russia still in effect available as free agents or did that finish at the end of June, and to sign the likes of Normann would now involve a transfer fee?

I'm not sure, I think that ruling was made back in Feb/March, I suspect a lot of people didn't think this would go on for as long as it has. I suspect the rules are still in place... 

The situation with Normann may not be straight forward. It's fine to class foreign players in Russia as free agents but we had Normann on loan with an option to buy. Legally that may put our relationship with him in a slightly different perspective. I've absolutely no idea but I'm sure the club will have thought about it. I would be very happy to have him here on a free but paying full whack under the terms of the contract we had would be out of the question. 

8 hours ago, chicken said:

I'm not sure, I think that ruling was made back in Feb/March, I suspect a lot of people didn't think this would go on for as long as it has. I suspect the rules are still in place... 

Yes, I suspect that is still the case. If so, and if Normann still hasn't found a club then it might be a goer. My impression was that he is really a generally attacking midfielder, or at least box to box, but that last season was having to defend more than suits his game. But once fit we have Hayden and to a lesser extent Sara to defend, and Normann could play further forward.

5 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The situation with Normann may not be straight forward. It's fine to class foreign players in Russia as free agents but we had Normann on loan with an option to buy. Legally that may put our relationship with him in a slightly different perspective. I've absolutely no idea but I'm sure the club will have thought about it. I would be very happy to have him here on a free but paying full whack under the terms of the contract we had would be out of the question. 

Last week Shakhtar Donetsk made a claim for €50 million damages in lost transfer fees against Fifa when they decided in June that foreign players of Ukrainian clubs could suspend their contracts and 4 of them left for other clubs.

I’m not sure whether Fifa made a similar ruling on players with Russian clubs at the same time but I would steer clear of any involvement with players from Russian clubs due to the potential of ending up in court.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62206363.amp

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Last week Shakhtar Donetsk made a claim for €50 million damages in lost transfer fees against Fifa when they decided in June that foreign players of Ukrainian clubs could suspend their contracts and 4 of them left for other clubs.

I’m not sure whether Fifa made a similar ruling on players with Russian clubs at the same time but I would steer clear of any involvement with players from Russian clubs due to the potential of ending up in court.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62206363.amp

But if Uefa and/or Fifa still have such a ruling in force for Russian clubs then it would be hard for them to sue us, for example, if we took Normann as in effect a free agent. We would be acting within the rules, and any any law suit would have to be for damages against Uefa and/or Fifa.

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

But if Uefa and/or Fifa still have such a ruling in force for Russian clubs then it would be hard for them to sue us, for example, if we took Normann as in effect a free agent. We would be acting within the rules, and any any law suit would have to be for damages against Uefa and/or Fifa.

Wouldn’t necessarily win Purple but it wouldn’t be hard for them to sue us. I’d imagine they’d have a half decent case both against UEFA and us as we had a prior agreed contract to sign Normann. 

Currently down 8 players on where we were a few weeks ago....byram gibson sara hayden dowell , injury doubts. Zimmerman Tzolis Lees-Melou out of the door.

We 'had' a strong squad, and whilst some might think an 'injury crisis' to be unthinkable, you can easily rack up lot of injuries in a short space of time when playing twice a week in the championship.

I dont think our squad is as strong as people may think, as today has shown

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Currently down 8 players on where we were a few weeks ago....byram gibson sara hayden dowell , injury doubts. Zimmerman Tzolis Lees-Melou out of the door.

We 'had' a strong squad, and whilst some might think an 'injury crisis' to be unthinkable, you can easily rack up lot of injuries in a short space of time when playing twice a week in the championship.

Well, Dowell and Byram are due back this week, Sara is training from tomorrow.  I’m not sure we even know what’s up with Gibson.

32 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not sure how we can be down Sara from a few weeks back since he only signed nine days ago, but in any event we have in effect gained three new players compared with last season in McCallum, Sinani and Cantwell, all of whom seem to be fit and available to play.

44 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well, Dowell and Byram are due back this week, Sara is training from tomorrow.  I’m not sure we even know what’s up with Gibson.

He’s probably p155ed off with losing to Celtic and Hibs, has forecast the season as a write off since the win at Dereham preseason (believed they could have won 8-0) and is still seething at the prospect of playing in a kit with the new rebranded badge angered by the fact the lion looks like a lion when he was wedded to the Bart Simpson ghost and has since thrown a fit and driven to Dundee in his bare feet with just white and dark chocolate Toblerone for company.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You just beat me too it.

Don't know anything about him other than that he's a 20 year old CM/AM.

Also Canada are a very good side right now so if he's actually playing then that's a great sign.

Edited by KeiranShikari

To be fair this one appears to actually have substance.  Completely different to something like the Grabban rumour you know was **** from the moment you see it.

Reading up on him and he's exactly the profile of player I could see us going for and one tailor made for the 433 system we're going to play.

Very interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if this was his agent saying 'going once' ant trying to coax out other offers.

Edited by KeiranShikari

12 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well the pinkun are certainly keen to report on any rumours, it’s made it into the main site https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-ismael-kone-report-transfer-window-9168184.  

They're reporting on it because it has substance. As is Michael Bailey. You know, doing their jobs? 

Edited by Terminally Yellow

To be fair to Branston in previous summers the Pinkun absolutely reported on guff for the sake of clicks. 95% they'd have a 'verdict'  section after a player write up that would say as much.

7 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

To be fair to Branston in previous summers the Pinkun absolutely reported on guff for the sake of clicks. 95% they'd have a 'verdict'  section after a player write up that would say as much.

They did that because they had a direct line to the club (now seemingly severed). Their articles often contained a line either confirming interest or dispelling it. 

It's was always strange to me that such an insight into transfer interest attracted such criticism. It was quite impressive to know within minutes of links surfacing whether there was anything in it. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow

Michael Bailey has just surfaced an article from the US Athletic site which contains a full appraisal on this lad and how he's burst onto the scene.

Really excellent article if you have access - has videos, embedded tweets and all sorts of evidence. It's very encouraging reading. 

I think it's more likely to do with the fact they've moved over to the subscription model and are trying to be better than recycled clickbait.

5 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I think it's more likely to do with the fact they've moved over to the subscription model and are trying to be better than recycled clickbait.

I think it's just them doing their job. Don't overthink it.

• Like 1

Kone’s form may well be decent in the MLS but the Championship is a different beast altogether. One for the future and does MLS exp translate to English football?

• Like 2

Football experience translated to English football.

MLS is of a pretty good standard these days though and there's a pretty regular pipeline of players over to Europe. In terms of standard it probably is pretty close to the Championship.