Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

M1IbMva.png

Squad really starting to take shape now.

Looks decent on paper and options to mix up the play too. Felt rather one dimensional last time at this level; pass to Buendia to pass to Pukki. 

My concern would be that all 3 of our main central defenders as well as Byram and McCallum have all spent decent time out injured over the last few years. We could end up seeing some pretty interesting back 4s this season.

With Max linked to Borussia Monchengladbach, Wolfsburg and Marseille today, I imagine we must already have a new RB lined up to try and sign, with Mumba out on loan and Byram nursing a strain.

Well, Surprise surprise.

(And no I am not cilla black and you can't have your £5)

Screenshot_20220722-103311~2.png

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

This shows what a bad decision it was to allow Mumba to leave, at least until the end of August until we knew what Aarons situation would be

No, it doesn’t. They clearly don’t think Mumba is quite up to it (and mixed reports from his loan suggests that’s correct).  If Aarons does leave we’d be able to get a decent enough replacement for much less.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No, it doesn’t. They clearly don’t think Mumba is quite up to it (and mixed reports from his loan suggests that’s correct).  If Aarons does leave we’d be able to get a decent enough replacement for much less.

We've already got a replacement in Byram, we only needed cover. Mumba was adequate to do that, now they may have to spend more money to cover spmething we already had on the books

11 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

I understood that he wasn't keen on moving abroad but I could be wrong!

It may spur on domestic interest as well, if there is indeed truth in it. Im assuming we're asking for £20m plus, which in theory we would be able to add another RB which you would of thought we have a list already drawn up of targets and added monies in for a CM option or two.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We've already got a replacement in Byram, we only needed cover. Mumba was adequate to do that, now they may have to spend more money to cover spmething we already had on the books

Yes, but we only need to spend that money if we get more in for Aarons. I don’t really see your point other than needing to faff about getting a new guy in, but we presumably have options.  If we don’t think Mumba is quite up to Champs yet then he wasn’t really the back up we need.

5 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

It may spur on domestic interest as well, if there is indeed truth in it. Im assuming we're asking for £20m plus, which in theory we would be able to add another RB which you would of thought we have a list already drawn up of targets and added monies in for a CM option or two.

I think we would struggle to get £20M - unlike 2 seasons ago. £15M maybe? We'll see I guess. 

1 minute ago, komakino said:

I think we would struggle to get £20M - unlike 2 seasons ago. £15M maybe? We'll see I guess. 

Whatever, it’d be a fair amount with add-ons - and more than enough to get in a decent enough replacement with money over.  It’s not as though this hasn’t been a possibility so we must be aware of options in that role. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

23 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

It was said a while back that they already know who they want in the door if Aarons goes.

A ready replacement in Byram who has played how many minutes in pre season?

This was always going to be the case, if Max goes we will sign a replacement. Thought that was common knowledge.

Would say Aarons departure is made more likely by having 2 years left on his deal. Every transfer window that goes by now will mean a lower price- which also makes me think we will accept less than the expected fee for him this window.

Club journos reckon Bali was allowed out on loan because 1. He needs games and 2. We already have an ideal replacement sounded out

2 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Would say Aarons departure is made more likely by having 2 years left on his deal. Every transfer window that goes by now will mean a lower price- which also makes me think we will accept less than the expected fee for him this window.

Club journos reckon Bali was allowed out on loan because 1. He needs games and 2. We already have an ideal replacement sounded out

I’m assuming the replacement is going to be more likely to start than Bryam? Relying on the latter for a whole Champ season gives me goosebumps..

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I’m assuming the replacement is going to be more likely to start than Bryam? Relying on the latter for a whole Champ season gives me goosebumps..

I mentioned on another thread somewhere that the vibe around Byram went from 'expected to play lots of games' after his return to the side end of last season, to 'he's great to have around the place, we really hope he can contribute' more recently having had more injury trouble.

Personally I think we want Byram to be first choice (which I agree with, I think overall he's our best fullback) but are not as convinced as we were 2 months ago. Stinks of Brandon Williams-esque loan to me, maybe the Ethan Laird links from earlier in the window hold water?

8 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Personally I think right back might be Sorenson best position.

Hasnt got the pace I dont think, albeit he did a good job filling in at LB and looked assured. I doubt he'd be happy filling in, in another role again and wants to cement his place down in CM, which I dont think personally he is good enough for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Well, Surprise surprise.

(And no I am not cilla black and you can't have your £5)

Screenshot_20220722-103311~2.png

An unreliable source  but the Gladbach are an interesting (or lazy) connection.   And perhaps less of preseason tour and more of a shop window exercise..

Edited by ZLF

2 minutes ago, ZLF said:

An unreliable source  but the Gladbach are an interesting (or lazy) connection.   And perhaps less of preseason tour and more of a shop winder exercise..

Well a domestic and foreign circus would be good for us. I'd be surprised if someone doesnt move for him, but he has looked one of the better players in pre season thus far.

1 hour ago, Move Klose said:

It was said a while back that they already know who they want in the door if Aarons goes.

A ready replacement in Byram who has played how many minutes in pre season?

This was always going to be the case, if Max goes we will sign a replacement. Thought that was common knowledge.

How many games did Byram miss after his 18 month long absence when he came back last season?

8 minutes ago, ZLF said:

An unreliable source  but the Gladbach are an interesting (or lazy) connection.   And perhaps less of preseason tour and more of a shop window exercise..

If Farke was going to come back for someone, why couldnt it have been Sargent?? 😦

11 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If Farke was going to come back for someone, why couldnt it have been Sargent?? 😦

To be fair, Sargent has looked decent in preseason in terms of industry and Aarons hasn’t stood out. If we can get decent money for him I think now is the time 

7 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

If max does leave I'd be after Bong. He's left forest. 

Isn’t he a left back?

1 hour ago, ZLF said:

I doubt any of those teams are going to pay the fee we'd likely want for Aarons. 

Bong started 4 games last season and 9 the season before that. He’s 34. He has never played right back as far as I can see (stats are a bit sketchy for his early career in France).

I confidently predict that he will not be Max’s replacement if he leaves.

• Thanks 1