Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Rashica expected to leave

According to Kosovian media sources and "insiders" so take it with a pinch of salt, but this would not surprse me given he almost joined Villa two seasons ago before changing his mind as he did not wish to play for a team he thought would be relegated as he did not want to play in the Championship.. Of course, bit odd then he would join us but I guess he must have not had too many offers.

kosovo.jpg

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

We should all club together for fuel and organise a coach for any player that wants to leave. Get a driver organised and ship them all out the day after the season ends. 

8 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

We should all club together for fuel and organise a coach for any player that wants to leave. Get a driver organised and ship them all out the day after the season ends. 

That should be a pretty full coach.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

Let’s not draw any conclusions. The player may have been told we intend to move him on to free up funds rather than be angling for a move. Or he might be expecting to be sold rather than pushing hard for it.

I cant see anyone throwing pound notes to take him though?!
Bloke has just done two relegations in two years, doesnt really put his stock or value very high.

What he needs is a good year in the Championship, under the current model he will blow the league away then move to somewhere like Burnley to warm the bench while we try to get 1 more point than the 21/22 season.

• Like 2

Lets be honest, like nearly everyone of our players he wont be relishing the idea of a huge drop in wages and playing in a lower division.

However, also like nearly everyone of our players he may need to realise that actually he isn't good enough to  be playing in the premier league (or equivalent) and should be grateful that we gave him the chance to do so and paid him handsomely for what has actually been a poor season from him (relative to the fee we paid and his wages). He has been one of our 'better' players but the reality is that he hasn't done enough to keep us up. The thing that Rashica has got (unlike say McLean or Gibson) is the potential to be a decent player in a top class league. Another club may like us give him the opportunity but that will be dependent on them paying us a big fee and inevitably it will be another club that could see him having a third relegation on his CV.

If we get an offer at the value we want and he gets an increases in his wages he will be off. Longer term though his career could indeed be better and more successful with a high performing season resulting in a glorious promotion. Maybe then he might attract interest from one of the more established top teams.

• Like 2

But who would want to buy him? He hasn’t  achieved much here and has been relegated twice in two years.

Edited by yellow_belly
  • Like 2

I'm not sure who would want him but, if we can recoup half of what we paid for him then we'll be better off than we are now. 

No better than Onel based on the football I've seen them both play for Norwich. Maybe 3 or 4 good halfs of football from him all season...although, that's still more than most of our team!

• Like 1

Paddy just said on the podcast he’d also heard rachica is leaving. No great loss in my opinion. Very poor stats and looks like he doesn’t want to be here. 

• Like 2

He signed a contract. He goes if we get an offer we like, which I suspect will be at least £8m with a big old sell on. But I can't see many queueing up in the PL. I suspect he might slink back to Germany.

I can't see him being sold. No-one is going to pay what we paid for him.

How many goals and assists has he got this season? Not many.

Would be utterly amazed if a PL team comes in for him and he doesn't want to play championship football so if he does leave it will almost certainly be abroad. 

Not shown enough for another PL side to come in for him, albeit in a team that hasn't played anywhere near good enough for him to showcase much. Got better as the season went on but I'd be very surprised if anyone came in for him. Would imagine he'll jump ship abroad but you never know, could see him staying here. It's one of those where if Farke was here I could see him getting convinced to stay, not sure Dean has the same kind of relationship with the players

Unless he has some sort of release clause I can't see it.

As others have said It's doubtful that we could make our money back off the back of this season so why would we sell? It's not like Norwich budge just because a player throws his toys out of the pram (not saying he has).

Although if Paddt Davitt has heard something then who knows. If I were Norwich I'd be holding on though.

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

Let’s not draw any conclusions. The player may have been told we intend to move him on to free up funds rather than be angling for a move. Or he might be expecting to be sold rather than pushing hard for it.

My thoughts are partly based on the complete lack of effort seem over the past few weeks. I couldn't believe at villa that we didn't go out all guns blazing particularly with 15 minutes to go and a goal down. I might be old but couldn't understand why Hanley didn't go up front and we didn't throw the kitchen sink at them.

Can't see him playing Championship football. Hints that he would look better in a good team but is any Premier League going to take a punt on him? Trouble is chronically poor teams like us to tend to drag you down. Virtually every signing we've made, with the exception of Williams, has been average/poor.

Edited by Capt. Pants

Some of you actually read this and believe it all.    Don’t embarrass yourselves.   He may be perfectly fine with the club, some unassociated idiot pens a few lines of rubbish and most of you assassinate the lad.    He performed better than most in a shockingly awful team.   At one point he was one of our best players, but you couldn’t blame him if he became demoralised….    

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

I can't see him being sold. No-one is going to pay what we paid for him.

How many goals and assists has he got this season? Not many.

Good question....is the answer none?

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Good question....is the answer none?

Well, he got that deflected goal against Liverpool. Plus one against Charlton.

Also assists against Leeds and Watford.

So that's two goals and two assists for the season. Same as Tzolis.

• Thanks 1

Firstly he's contracted to us, so he won't go unless he's got a clause in his contract that allows him to leave if we get relegated.

Secondly, and to me it's more important, is whether he's worth £9m or more. There's no way we'll accept less, and it's whether his performances warrant a £9m+ transfer to another club?

He should be productive in the Championship and don't knock the Championship it might be the second league in the UK but it is better attended than many other National Leagues. 

He was part of the reason why we got relegated so now he can redeem himself. 

He owes us. If he wants Premiership footy he needs to get us promoted.

Who is going to pay the £10m we weighed out for PR.  He hasn't done enough to justify a move 2 goals, no assists (but he may have one or two can't place).  Has shown some promise but little end product.  Maybe if we accept a loss on the investment to keep the Kossasvans happy.

My thoughts on Rashica are that I don’t think he’s really done enough for other PL sides to want him, perhaps other than promoted sides that he presumably wouldn’t fancy.  Returning to Europe might be his best option if he does want to go - but I think he’d do a good job in the Champs and hope he stays…he’d also then be better prepared for a return to the PL.

Edited by Branston Pickle

15 minutes ago, Bonzo said:

He was part of the reason why we got relegated so now he can redeem himself. 

There are plenty in that squad we can only hope don't get afforded that opportunity!   Hope Rashica is here next season and sure he will do well.

Expect any player with some value and high wage earners to be moved on. Presumably, this would include Aarons, Cantwell, Krul, Pukki. I guess if we can get something for Rashica he’ll be away too. Can’t see much financial value in the rest of the squad so likely to be with us next season.

Edited by Highland Canary