Disco Dales Jockstrap

***Official Unofficial Match Thread***

1 minute ago, Ramrod said:

And as bad as the players were this one is down to Smith and his coaches. 

We were set up terribly. 

With dog**** subs to make things worse. Playing to lose for some reason.

What an embarrassing side NCFC are to watch, just awful, and Southampton were not much better. NCFC need the championship and it won’t be too long coming playing like that. Generous of the club to pay coach fares for this farce of a match, now perhaps they would like to reimburse the ticket fees. 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Minus 40 goal difference. What an absolute shambles this season has been. Webber really does owe us an explanation 

I'd just be happy with his resignation, no need to hear his monotone, smug voice. 

3 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

Pukki has been great for us and deserves our respect, but the fact that a 32 year old with limited mobility is our only striker sums it up. Woeful recruitment in the summer. 

Woeful an understatement 

1 minute ago, Ramrod said:

And as bad as the players were this one is down to Smith and his coaches. 

We were set up terribly. 

Agreed. The setup was wrong, I know nothing compared to Smith but thought we should stick with formation that got us some improvement and results. Also the tactics early on were bizarre as it was neither high press of counter attacking football.

Awful performance and a worry as to where we go from here.

Feel sorry for the travelling fans. Bad enough watching on telly.

Oh well, try to enjoy the weekend everyone, no point dwelling on it. 

Gunn, Hanley and possibly Gibbo can hold their heads high,. the rest should be ashamed of their "performances". We are so woefully short of quality, Southampton are a good side but they wont have an easier 3 points all season, we just didnt compete, or show any fight thats the basic requirement. Difficult to take 😞

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'd just be happy with his resignation, no need to hear his monotone, smug voice. 

For once I agree with you 100%. Smug and add chancing fraud.

Edited by Mengo

1 minute ago, Canary Jedi said:

WW3 might null and void the season so there's that

• Haha 2

How does Byram not get a game? 

He's our best defensive full back and actually believes he belongs in the EPL. 

Just now, Canary Jedi said:

At least they got a free Scarf 

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

Agreed. The setup was wrong, I know nothing compared to Smith but thought we should stick with formation that got us some improvement and results. Also the tactics early on were bizarre as it was neither high press of counter attacking football.

Certainly very strange we didn't change it earlier in the second half when it was obvious it wasn't working.

I can’t get my head round the subs! McLean utterly useless jogging round and doing nothing staying on the pitch! We needed a win and we subbed as if we’re winning one nil! Very poor by Smith had that been Farke he’d be crucified by the pink un!

• Like 1

I dunno why Giannoulis can’t get 20 mins, he was the only option in the bench who might’ve given us some attacking impetus.

Not advocating him to start but he would be a great super sub option (see Newcastle away). He’s had several decent games this season but doesn’t even get a look in anymore.

He can probably count himself the most unfortunately player in the team to have featured as little as he has done considering the mediocrity in the central midfield that start week after week. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

It's unlikely. This is a side that finishes in or just below the play off and that's before sales. We've lost the few key ingredients we had for success in the last two times, we still have a good Championship side, but we've lost what made us almost unplayable at that level

Other than Fulham the Championship is dire this year. Our fully fit squad should walk promotion, that’s the gulf in class we are trying to bridge in the PL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Relegated and bottom place wAs just secured as our team waved the white flag and didn’t even fight for survival. 

Are you surprised! Money goes further in the champs when you are a self funding club. 

Defeat at home to Brentford next week will be the ultimate humiliation from this shambles of season.

We have nothing up front and the worst midfield in the league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I doubt it. Last time Skipp and Emi single-handedly promoted us- when they didn’t play we looked average. Keeping neither was suicidal. This team finishes just outside the playoffs for me 

How do you keep a player you don’t own or a player who made it clear he would get us up but would expect to leave if a sizeable offer is made?

Dreadful...dreadful bench...and dreadful substitutions

Taking Rashica off when losing 1-0??

With Cantwell shipped out and Tzolis not even on the bench, surely Hernandez would have been preferable to anything we had on the bench tonight

...as for the midfield...scandalous that McLean is seemingly bulletproof

With Sorenson back fit, McLean should be 6th choice in a list of

Normann

Lees Melou

Sorenson

Gilmour

Rupp

McLean

....but still he gets picked and just as 2 seasons ago where he was continously picked , we will go down

1 minute ago, hertfordyellow said:

How do you keep a player you don’t own or a player who made it clear he would get us up but would expect to leave if a sizeable offer is made?

This. Much as there is a lot to blame Webber for those two are not our fault. Emi walked into Webbers office and told him he never wants to play another match for us and Skipp was never staying here when he has a regular starting spot at a top 5 club waiting

Game changed completely when PLM & Rupp came on. If we'd have started with the energy levels & commitment those 2 showed from the start it would've been a much closer game.

Normann & Rashica were both so lethargic it looked to me they were ill. I wonder if they were?

I must say that i think Williams was under the weather too; he looked like he was trying to force the pace but his legs weren't having it.

5 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Agreed, it was blatantly obvious our game plan and set up was totally flawed after 20min, the manager and coaches need to take alot of the flack for that shamble’s tonight, they had plenty of time to change formation but did nothing