Rhino1

Well Done Lads - full credit proud of you

Not often you would say that when you have been beaten like that, but genuinely felt there was a lot to admire by the boys in yellow. Clearly outclassed, by a team in a very different league. But ONE of their players is worth the whole of our squad. Attitude was very good, didn’t let the heads drop, some good stuff , also a fair bit of luck. Rashica first half was excellent. We feel in a very different place, than when I left Stamford bridge. Encouraging for games to come. Don’t need ridiculous decisions like the penalty for the 4th, another sign that small sides like us do have to beat more than the 11 on the other side. Despite that lads did alright !! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

First half was good, less said about the second me thinks.

Still much as I'm still bitter and my hatred for the human rights abusing oil barons shines on we were outclased by a team that quite frankly in comparison to us might as well be driving a ferrari while we are on a sickly dying donkey.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Still much as I'm still bitter and my hatred for the human rights abusing oil barons shines on we were outclased by a team that quite frankly in comparison to us might as well be driving a ferrari while we are on a sickly dying donkey.

Second half I though we just got tired tbh. Did a massive amount of running around that they didn’t have to do and it started to show.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Not often you would say that when you have been beaten like that, but genuinely felt there was a lot to admire by the boys in yellow. Clearly outclassed, by a team in a very different league. But ONE of their players is worth the whole of our squad. Attitude was very good, didn’t let the heads drop, some good stuff , also a fair bit of luck. Rashica first half was excellent. We feel in a very different place, than when I left Stamford bridge. Encouraging for games to come. Don’t need ridiculous decisions like the penalty for the 4th, another sign that small sides like us do have to beat more than the 11 on the other side. Despite that lads did alright !! 

Yep, solid effort and nothing to be ashamed of tonight.

• Like 1

Worth saying that one of the advantages of being bankrolled by an oil state is that you can make five changes from your midweek team without weakening it. We could only make two: no wonder we tired in the second half. 

Take a minute to curse modern football, then forget about it and move on.

Edited by Robert N. LiM

I felt they gave their all and you can't ask for more than that. Unfortunately we hit Man City on a good day and on those days they are unstoppable.

Can't agree with this.  I thought we were wasteful too often, giving the ball away or passing straight to the other team, way too much. I accept the difference between the teams, but thought we could have done better.   Sargent didn't help Aarons as well as Rashica helped Williams.  The out ball to our right was there the whole game - no wonder Aarons struggled.  PLM and Mclean were too wasteful and Gilmour not strong enough.  Bit disappointed really, not at the result, but the not being at our best.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Nothing bad to say about that performance. 

Something positive here - Rashica can cause problems for any team. I thought it was going to be tzolis and he still may come good but I'm so impressed with Rashica. 

He moved the ball with pace past 4 man city players and they resulted to hacking him down. 

Man city are the best team in this country and he moved the ball past them them with no fear. 

What a player we have here 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Second half I though we just got tired tbh. Did a massive amount of running around that they didn’t have to do and it started to show.

That is one of their strengths.They found space all over the pitch  to just wait or move to receive the ball for 90 minutes 

Edited by Grumpy
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

I really can’t disagree with you, very encouraging signs from tonight’s performance, get the Liverpool game out of the way & there are some winnable games coming up. I think the players should hold their heads up high.

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Can't agree with this.  I thought we were wasteful too often, giving the ball away or passing straight to the other team, way too much. I accept the difference between the teams, but thought we could have done better.   Sargent didn't help Aarons as well as Rashica helped Williams.  The out ball to our right was there the whole game - no wonder Aarons struggled.  PLM and Mclean were too wasteful and Gilmour not strong enough.  Bit disappointed really, not at the result, but the not being at our best.

The fact is LDC, that was a far better performance than we would have got if your beloved Farke had been in charge.

OK, we lost 4-0 nil but we had intent, desire, fight, we were direct and we created chances.

Remember some of those dire performances 2 years ago, and again earlier this season, where we had lost the game in the dressing room before we came out on to the pitch and then tried to be too clever by playing endless tippy tappy stuff that got us nowhere.

But of course, even though you might see it, you will never admit it.

Eventually you will have to let go of this weird notion that Farke would have sorted it out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

They just got tired from all the pressure. Can't blame them when Man City play like that. If we'd got that first goal instead of hitting the post, it could have given them more of a boost.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Nothing bad to say about that performance. 

Something positive here - Rashica can cause problems for any team. I thought it was going to be tzolis and he still may come good but I'm so impressed with Rashica. 

He moved the ball with pace past 4 man city players and they resulted to hacking him down. 

Man city are the best team in this country and he moved the ball past them them with no fear. 

What a player we have here 

Is it just me that is slightly disappointed that Milot does not seem to have much of an appetite for goals?

Great player -just wish he had a selfish streak in him at times. 

Just back from the game, definitely no sense of doom like the reverse fixture! Plenty of positives. Didn't agree with some of the decisions, especially the penalty. Be interested to see that back again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Imagine if you actually went too.

LDC doesn’t ‘read the room’ very well, does he….it was a decent performance against the best side in the country, if not the world.  Picking holes in this and that is pointless and somewhat unfair.  They all put in a decent shift.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

Play like that against lesser Clubs and we could be ok

If only it was as simple as that

10/10 fir effort but I think Deano will be a bit critical of our passing tbh.

Fernandinho, the sane age as Alex Tettey absolutely bosses our midfield 3.

All comes down to the Brentford game now.

That penalty call by Mariner was a disgrace as our boss stated after the game so I’m pleased that such a bad decision didn’t come in a six pointer game coming up v Burnley or Newcastle. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

LDC doesn’t ‘read the room’ very well, does he….it was a decent performance against the best side in the country, if not the world.  Picking holes in this and that is pointless and somewhat unfair.  They all put in a decent shift.

I don't do room reading, I have a mind of my own and for me the sychophantic "we put in a good effort" is not something I adhere to.  If Man City's finishing had been up to scratch we would have been 3 or 4 nil down in fifteen minutes and goodness knows what the score would have been by the end. Yes, we were lucky and hung in but the way we played left Aarons exposed again and again - it was just a question of time before Man City scored.  No adjustment to tactics, Sargent off the pace in tracking back - some decent play, but overall gaping holes in the way the team defended and too much giving the ball away - as against Palace and other games.  There is no excuse for it - and the kind of football we are playing is largely primitive in nature - long hopeful balls and hope it goes to one of our players - most of the time not going to them, but being snaffled up by Man City defenders.

So didn't enjoy our performance one bit and will not think "oh, well at least we tried".  We lost. Decisively - and I'm supposed to think that a few runs by Rashica makes it better? Apart from him and Pukki, who always does well on the ball, the teamwork was pretty poor, so many passes going astray.

Glad you're all satisfied with a 4-0 loss at home, but for me, it was more of the same as against Palace. I don't care who the opposition is, we need to do better!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I don't do room reading, I have a mind of my own and for me the sychophantic "we put in a good effort" is not something I adhere to.  If Man City's finishing had been up to scratch we would have been 3 or 4 nil down in fifteen minutes and goodness knows what the score would have been by the end. Yes, we were lucky and hung in but the way we played left Aarons exposed again and again - it was just a question of time before Man City scored.  No adjustment to tactics, Sargent off the pace in tracking back - some decent play, but overall gaping holes in the way the team defended and too much giving the ball away - as against Palace and other games.  There is no excuse for it - and the kind of football we are playing is largely primitive in nature - long hopeful balls and hope it goes to one of our players - most of the time not going to them, but being snaffled up by Man City defenders.

So didn't enjoy our performance one bit and will not think "oh, well at least we tried".  We lost. Decisively - and I'm supposed to think that a few runs by Rashica makes it better? Apart from him and Pukki, who always does well on the ball, the teamwork was pretty poor, so many passes going astray.

Glad you're all satisfied with a 4-0 loss at home, but for me, it was more of the same as against Palace. I don't care who the opposition is, we need to do better!

You are a weapons grade wind up merchant, pure and simple, you just like to argue and love the sound of your own voice........

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

You are a weapons grade wind up merchant, pure and simple, you just like to argue and love the sound of your own voice........

If people enjoyed the effort we put in, good for them. I do not agree and I'm entitled to express that - and without pathetic comments like your post above.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

To be fair Lakey, when we lost the first 6 matches you saw positives in each performance. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

To be fair Lakey when we lost the first 6 matches you saw positives in each performance. 

🤣 wonder what the common denominator was then. Umm let me think about that one. 🤔🤫