Sign in to follow this  
Herman

*****The Official Lapps Match Thread*****

1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

The first wasn't in the corner and close enough to save. Gunn was slow to get down (maybe unsighted because of legs) but could've had a stronger hand on it too imo. 

Ah okay fair enough didn’t look to bad from here but I’m the opposite end! Not sure I will bother watching it back tonight on MOTD…

• Like 1

Poor all round, but isn't that a normal performance based on the rest of the reason so far 😅

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Ah okay fair enough didn’t look to bad from here but I’m the opposite end! Not sure I will bother watching it back tonight on MOTD…

Gunn was pathetic on the first mate

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Dowell won’t be back out 2nd half

Wouldn't start a game for any other PL side. Limp, slow, weak, powderpuff no.10's need to be insanely good to justify their place in a team in this league. Another typical Webber signing, utterly delusional thinking behind signing a player like that. It isn't 2012 anymore, you need pace and power not jogging about playing weak, pointless little flicks and tricks

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

I'm enjoying it. Arsenal are very, very good going forward. We are at least making a scrap of it now. I've seen us perform a lot worse.

Shame Placheta is so raw, there's some real talent in there.

• Haha 1

With the caveat of we don't know fitness levels, this team selection is really poor. 

Sargent doesn't seem fit, Williams over Gianoulis is baffling and Sorenson being benched for two lightweights makes no sense. 

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Wouldn't start a game for any other PL side. Limp, slow, weak, powderpuff no.10's need to be insanely good to justify their place in a team in this league. Another typical Webber signing, utterly delusional thinking behind signing a player like that. It isn't 2012 anymore, you need pace and power not jogging about playing weak, pointless lite flicks and tricks

Pace and power is exactly what our midfield doesn't have - across the board. Lightweight, slow and/or disinterested is the vibe they continually give off.

Falling out of love with this team at the minute. Was good to see them scrapping a bit with the Arsenal players up to the second goal. Finally got the fans on side and up for it, showed they actually cared for a second, but then nope we’re all at sea at the back again and it’s 0-2 and game over.

Don’t even know what I’m supposed to be clapping or cheering right now. There’s just nothing to get behind is there?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Falling out of love with this team at the minute. Was good to see them scrapping a bit with the Arsenal players up to the second goal. Finally got the fans on side and up for it, showed they actually cared for a second, but then nope we’re all at sea at the back again and it’s 0-2 and game over.

Don’t even know what I’m supposed to be clapping or cheering right now. There’s just nothing to get behind is there?

THe best thing to get behind is a couple of pints afterwards to drown your sorrows.

4 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

For the first time in my life I've actually just given up. Can't be bothered to ruin my weekend every week watching this shower. Hughton nearly destroyed my love for Norwich but this season is just pure apathy for me. Premier league is a pointless money pit where the best we can hope for is to finish like 14th or whatever. What is the ****ing point? Its boring, stale and totally uninspiring. Have qatched about 3 games all season and feel my life is markedly better and more interesting for it.

I'm at the point now where il watch us in the champs but I'm done watching us in the prem. It's ****.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Very poor. I don't blame Williams for the second goal, it was a slow pass to him by Mclean - he - and the rest of them are just not sharp enough.

Looked like Williams selling Placheta short on left wing to me.  Then aarons not cutting out the cross field ball.  Gunn maybe could have done better too.

In short, they're just better than us.  Such is life.

8 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Wouldn't start a game for any other PL side. Limp, slow, weak, powderpuff no.10's need to be insanely good to justify their place in a team in this league. Another typical Webber signing, utterly delusional thinking behind signing a player like that. It isn't 2012 anymore, you need pace and power not jogging about playing weak, pointless little flicks and tricks

That’s exactly why Everton got rid. A typical Webber signing and one of several reasons NCFC are where they are!

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

With the caveat of we don't know fitness levels, this team selection is really poor. 

Sargent doesn't seem fit, Williams over Gianoulis is baffling and Sorenson being benched for two lightweights makes no sense. 

Sargent looked done after 10 minutes but what's the alternative? Tzolis who's just got over covid or Cantwell who's not looked fit all season?

I wouldn't say McLean has been lightweight - I would argue him and Williams are the only two who have shown any level of tenacity in all honesty. Equally Sorensen didnt show any bite during his limited midfield time against Villa.

I saw the starting eleven and thought it was one of the poorest 11s we've fielded at this level but presumably there's not a great deal we can do because of all the covid and injury problems.

Even with everyone fit and firing beating an in form Arsenal is hard. With this eleven I'd argue its practically impossible but I dont see a great deal from the bench.

My stream seems to have packed up. I suspect there’s some sort of mental health wellbeing filter that’s kicked in.

• Haha 2

Wtf is Gilmour doing, he needs to go. He is utterly terrible, he will never be a premier League footballer. His key attributes is supposed to be how passing but it's utter dreadful

8 minutes ago, kick it off said:

For the first time in my life I've actually just given up. Can't be bothered to ruin my weekend every week watching this shower. Hughton nearly destroyed my love for Norwich but this season is just pure apathy for me. Premier league is a pointless money pit where the best we can hope for is to finish like 14th or whatever. What is the ****ing point? Its boring, stale and totally uninspiring. Have qatched about 3 games all season and feel my life is markedly better and more interesting for it.

I'm at the point now where il watch us in the champs but I'm done watching us in the prem. It's ****.

100% this. As soon as that first goal went in, I just turned the river off and watched some NFL instead. Its just a waste of time getting worked up over something so pointless and inevitable every week. I never thought Id be so nonplus about Norwich, theres always been a player or something to get behind even if we're doing sh*te but there is literally NOTHING to feel positive about. 

If anyone expected anything from a midfield of Dowell, McLean and Gilmour then they are deluded. Sargent is closing in on Jim Blair's record of the worst ever signing.

We are slow, boring, gutless and clueless.

Webber, you are getting wages under false pretences.

And lets not bang on about self funding. We have had about £400M in EPL money over the last few years so its hardly self funding.

Is this season worse than the last time round in the Prem? At least last time we did have somthing to get behind - Cantwell's goal, Pukki's hat-trick, Buendia's stats.

But this season despite a huge investment there's been almost nothing at all to get behind

14 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Life in the premiership under these owners is absolutely pointless. Waste of our money and time.

• Like 2