chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Spurs (PL) *****

I mean, if Idah doesn’t even have the poachers instinct and can’t play off the shoulder (as can’t stay onside) what do you do!

Idah is a League One player at best.. proof if needed in that horrendous miss just then. Shouldnt be anywhere near the first team

Sargent would cause this Spurs back three trouble. I'd get him on for Idah, put Giannoulis on for Williams.... mebbe Cantwell for Gilmour as the third option but if we're doing that we'll have to invert the midfield, I think. 

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Sargent would cause this Spurs back three trouble. I'd get him on for Idah, put Giannoulis on for Williams.... mebbe Cantwell for Gilmour as the third option but if we're doing that we'll have to invert the midfield, I think. 

Really i think williams is having a great game 

• Like 1

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

throw in at the edge of the box, why have we not got a long thrower ?

Yeah Normann lol

• Like 1

Just now, markdmhoward said:

Gotta take these chances. Infuriating

It's what like cost us our premier league status. But strikers of note cost money and we are not prepared to take that risk.

Just now, Dame to Blame said:

Really i think williams is having a great game 

He's playing well, but Giannoulis gives us that natural left peg - and if we threw Sargent on he'd also have someone to aim at.

46 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

This is what happens when a deep-lying playmaker is left deepest without some ballast alongside.

This is what happens when a deep laying playmaker who can't consistently evade pressure and has inadequate positioning is played without ballast alongside. Your original comment was nonsense, tactically inept, without any nuance and showing zero understanding of footballing fundamentals. 

Personally, I am glad that we have the fully fledged second coming of Pirlo on loan for the season and would continue to play him without any support for the rest of the season just to prove the Chelsea fans right. We can do this by giving him as many chances to play that one killer ball that gets on MOTD as we possibly can, even if it does cost us 15 points.

• Haha 1

NCFC needs a ruthless striker and front row. Do we need to hire some of our great ex NCFC' strikers and front row men to coach our current guys? Cause at the moment, NCFC isn't scoring goals. NCFC could've won the last several games if NCFC had an in-form and front row with confidence. You'll get confidence by scoring goals and being coached by some of the best in the business to learn their tricks of the trade will give them the confidence to score the much-needed goals and points to survive.

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

This is what happens when a deep laying playmaker who can't consistently evade pressure and has inadequate positioning is played without ballast alongside. Your original comment was nonsense, tactically inept, without any nuance and showing zero understanding of footballing fundamentals. 

Personally, I am glad that we have the fully fledged second coming of Pirlo on loan for the season and would continue to play him without any support for the rest of the season just to prove the Chelsea fans right. We can do this by giving him as many chances to play that one killer ball that gets on MOTD as we possibly can, even if it does cost us 15 points.

Love the irony in that, pal! 😄 

(On a serious note, just in case some didn't see it, even Pirlo had a Gattuso next to him).

That’s the difference between the teams right there. We’ve had those chances.