chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Spurs (PL) *****

Just now, The Real Buh said:

THERE WILL NEVER EVER BE A PLAYER LIKE SARGENT EVER AGAIN!

DRINK IT IN LADS!

Never you are correct .ffs wtf. 

Odd game, this. Credit Spurs with being clinical, but we could easily have got something out of it.

11 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

You get that fraction longer in the Championship.

I just don't buy that based on the chances I've seen. Sure you get fewer chances but a ball falling to your right foot with half the goal to aim for is the same at whatever level you're at.

5 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Still a lot of work to be done on this side if we want to stay up.

3-0 flatters Spurs IMO but doesn’t change the fact we aren’t good enough, it’s not the fact we are losing, it’s the real lack of attacking quality.

It is this.

We are not going to stay up from these games either - maybe a bonus point or two from a cheeky draw.

We are going down because we lost to Leeds and Watford and didn't beat Brighton etc.

I feel with Dean Smith in charge, we would have got more from those type of games and not be sitting where we are.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

THERE WILL NEVER EVER BE A PLAYER LIKE SARGENT EVER AGAIN!

DRINK IT IN LADS!

He's the new Paul Dalglish.

Just now, McWrighty said:

Is Sargent what you get for £8m these days? Laughable.

Should have sold Buendia for £2billion in relatable value 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chicken said:

Yup, but Spurs are one of those sides that, as someone else said, we'll need our best 11 and all of them bang on form to get a result against.

Other folks have said the games Vs the weaker teams in our first ten games could come back to haunt us. Away to Spurs is one you'd take a draw at the start of the day. 

It’s not the result that worries me particularly. Was expecting a loss, hoping for a drawer.

It’s the fact we’ve looked very good at times, we’ve created chances and dominated the ball. We just can’t find enough quality in the final third in both final balls and shots on target.

Pukki scores in the first 10, Idah puts that in and we put pressure on the opposition. It’s too easy for them. Yes it’s Spurs but we can and have missed similar chances against more winnable teams and it will cost us.

• Like 1

Give me any young able bodied person a year in the gym to get their fitness levels up and they'd offer as much as Sargent. Effort alone is not enough. The problem is, it's not his fault he keeps getting picked and that he got bought.  I'd sign for the team and be just as dogsh*t if City offered me a contract.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I just boo'd my mince pie.

Just hope Lakey doesn't notice! 

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

If he's worth 8m, Stephen Hawking is worth at least 5. Probably trap the ball better.

OTBC

Reminds me of a striker back in the day who was nicknamed Douglas Bader. Fantastic in the air, **** on the deck!

• Haha 1

£9 on Sargent makes the money Villa spent on Buendia look like an absolute steal

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

It’s not the result that worries me particularly. Was expecting a loss, hoping for a drawer.

It’s the fact we’ve looked very good at times, we’ve created chances and dominated the ball. We just can’t find enough quality in the final third in both final balls and shots on target.

Pukki scores in the first 10, Idah puts that in and we put pressure on the opposition. It’s too easy for them. Yes it’s Spurs but we can and have missed similar chances against more winnable teams and it will cost us.

It’s what happens when you don’t strengthen your squad.  Name another club who sell their best player on promotion.  And assuming there was one, name another who wouldn’t then properly invest.  It’s all loans leading to perm, if we stay up.  It really is poor and has been the same since the 90s.