Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Your Spurs predictions

Spurs will take a fair bit of confidence from that win against Brentford but I suspect they could still be a little bit fragile. Kane and Son are still going to represent a very stiff test of our newly acquired defensive resolve. Missing Normann and Rashica is a real issue for us, and Williams doesn't quite offer us what we need going forward even if he is a defensive improvement. I maintain his consistent cutting back hindered the likes of Gilmour and Rupp somewhat as with Newcastle jamming up the middle being down to ten men, there was just nothing done out wide.

Spurs will probably go with a back three, so you'd think channel balls or balls behind their wing-backs could be a very interesting option. Gilmour should be able to find some of those balls if only he can find the space. Son's still been playing well even if Kane's not quite got going yet (so in Along Come Norwich style he's probably going to slap in a hat-trick or something) so we really need to watch him closely.

I'd love to get a point or three here. If we had both Normann and Rashica in, I think we'd nick one of those nervy 1-1s where we're on the back foot a lot. As much as I don't like tipping against my team, I suspect the relative lack of ability to keep the pressure on in possession will see us slide to a one-goal defeat, so 1-0 or 2-1.

3-0 Spurs. Can see us huffing and puffing but creating very little, but hopefully some more minutes for Cantwell.

The squad will be growing confidence with recent results and decisions made my Smith. Leeds and Brentford had the more possession in their games at WHL. It will be interesting, but our conversion rates of chances is poor. I expect a team that on balance is defensive as a team but can use Pukki as main threat via well placed through ball. Or even  scoring from a corner via Hanley. 1-1👍

I'd give my left knacker for a point, and the other one for a win. Sadly, I think that on Monday I will still be able to father a child. 😉

Kane and Son a brace each....We'll hold 'em initially for the first 30+ minutes but they'll then step up.....Skipp will show no sympathy and be an assist for at least 2 of their goals.....

Nah, the worm has turned and we'll be the mouse that roars and it'll be a 1-1 draw.....Pukster for us and Son for them.....and Kane akin to ''Kilroy wuz 'ere" glumly peering out of Grant Hanley's pocket.....(Here's Hoping).... 😉 

43 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

I'd give my left knacker for a point, and the other one for a win. Sadly, I think that on Monday I will still be able to father a child. 😉

There are vasectomies for that. 😉

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

There are vasectomies for that. 😉

Not dissimilar to what I'd 'sometimes' like to do with the neighbour's stinky 'Co*k of our Avenue' Tomcat.....Two slapped house bricks.....'Sorted'....

No actual animals were hurt in my thoughts.....but boy does Tyson the Tom leave his noticeable pungent, rancid and non-aromatic mark on my car alloys and front door step.....Think I'll bill those next door for the copious amounts of disinfectant and soap that I use?.....

He's one smelly battle scarred git but he only does what comes natural.....(although I do luvs him really).....'sometimes'.....

We somehow need something from this, but you just know it's along come Norwich and Kane will bag a hattrick, 4-0 Spurs

0-3 Norwich a hat trick of goals by McLean as such;  first goal hits the back of McLean’s head and slips under Lloris. Second hits McLean’s left **** cheek wriggling under Lloris. Third hits McLean’s right **** cheek sneaking under Lloris. We go home the winners and crowds line the street to celebrate the homecoming of the much maligned Mayor of Norwich. 

Edited by Danke bitte
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

0-3 Norwich a hat trick of goals by McLean as such;  first goal hits the back of McLean’s head and slips under Lloris. Second hits McLean’s left **** cheek wriggling under Lloris. Third hits McLean’s right **** cheek sneaking under Lloris. We go home the winners and crowds line the street to celebrate the homecoming of the much maligned Mayor of Norwich. 

Then the bus breaks down and everyone pushes it! 😉

2-0 Spurs. The only thing we have in our favour is 2 extra days rest  but I think they have too much for us and will still be stinging after a poor result last week in Europe. 

I half watched Tottenham play Brentford the other night whilst working and I have to say they did look quite decent. I can't see us getting anything here. 2-0 Tottenham. 

17 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Then the bus breaks down and everyone pushes it! 😉

With the team pulling the bus with a giant yellow and green rope.

Some interesting high scoring on here, Spurs result against Brentford was the first time they had won by more than a single goal all season. They have scored 3 only on one occasion.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Some interesting high scoring on here, Spurs result against Brentford was the first time they had won by more than a single goal all season. They have scored 3 only on one occasion.

…along come Norwich