KiwiScot

*****Offical Lappinitup Match Thread*****

7 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Jeez, we need to take a stranglehold here. These are the worst team in the League and down to 10 men. We can't wait until the last 10 minutes to score. Squeeze them now

Keeping the ball and making them run around is part of the squeeze. Doesn't always have to be gung-ho storming forwards, especially when they have an excellent and speedy dribbler like Saint-Maximin in their ranks. Keep the ball, keep them moving, and keep the pressure on them that way.

Just now, king canary said:

They did, nothing in it.

I only saw the one replay but looked like hitting arm away from the body. Did it hit chest?

3 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Give him a chance. Not played a full game at this level. 

He's still finding his feet. 

I'm not writing off his future contributions.  Just commenting on his current play.  Decent header a minute ago

1 minute ago, king canary said:

This is more like it though, dominating possession and keeping Newcastle pinned back.

Gibson randomly playing like a poor mans Beckenbaur right now.

To be fair, is there really such a thing as a rich man's Beckenbauer! 😉

We're still looking for a Hans-Georg Schwarzenbeck!!

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Lewis having a good game, just to contradict everyone on here who was saying we’d done well to get rid of him.

Got a point to prove to St James’s Park, not set the world alight since his move.

Missed the first 15 mins as thought it started at 19.45

82 minutes against 10 men against the worst team in the division based on league position and form table.

If we cant win this - who can we beat? Gauntlet has been thrown down

Just now, WD40 said:

I only saw the one replay but looked like hitting arm away from the body. Did it hit chest?

No but it was deflected into his arm by our player about a yard in front of him, nothing the player could do about it.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

To be fair, is there really such a thing as a rich man's Beckenbauer! 😉

We're still looking for a Hans-Georg Schwarzenbeck!!

Oh yeah a poor mans Beckenbauer isn't an insult, he's done a good job of pinging around balls from deep.

Just now, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Shearer not too bad as a co-commentator.

He is surprisingly quite fair and balanced given he’s a Newcastle legend. Perfectly happy to call out Newcastle’s bad play and praise Norwich.

• Like 1

How do we solve this lack of spark issue? We look so much better but tantalisingly close to actually being able to score some futtun ghoullls!

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Keeping the ball and making them run around is part of the squeeze. Doesn't always have to be gung-ho storming forwards, especially when they have an excellent and speedy dribbler like Saint-Maximin in their ranks. Keep the ball, keep them moving, and keep the pressure on them that way.

I get that, but we need to do that higher up the pitch. They only need a sniff, and with this crowd, will give their players the extra 10% they need. Squeeze the confidence out of them and make that crowd turn. 

That Newcastle sending off has levelled the odds. Both teams now playing with 10 men. Yes i am talking about the utterly, utterly woeful Josh Sargent.

All the best. Keith.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Keith Scott said:

That Newcastle sending off has levelled the odds. Both teams now playing with 10 men. Yes i am talking about the utterly, utterly woeful Josh Sargent.

All the best. Keith.

All I would say is at least I’m noticing how bad he is, Tzolis should just go for a pie

Sargent really isn’t a winger and Tzolis isn’t having his best game. We need to sort ourselves out for the second half.