KiwiScot

*****Offical Lappinitup Match Thread*****

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Tzolis poor one side and Sargent the other.

Certainly missing Rashica.

Rupp holding onto the ball too long, but not much movement to encourage the early pass in all honesty.

I agree. Both look well off the pace.

Think Dowell on is a good shout. Placheta, well, we need someone to stretch them because noone else is.

No Rashica, Normann or Cantwell - we're struggling to create anything. Too many workhorses, no racehorse

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Are the players asleep? Passing it around and keeping it well but look like they can hardly be botherd to try and trouble the keeper, and nevermind making a run a slow jog looks about as good as it gets for them right now!

Let's hope for a Smith kick up the backside team talk like the one at Southampton

Our squad must be suffering from a 43 minute flight jet lag.....

• Haha 1

Interesting. The ball hit Pukki’s hands before he was pulled down, but Mark Clattenburg said the red card is still the right decision.

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

I agree. Both look well off the pace.

Think Dowell on is a good shout. Placheta, well, we need someone to stretch them because noone else is.

No Rashica, Normann or Cantwell - we're struggling to create anything. Too many workhorses, no racehorse

I really don't see how Placheta will help- he's all pace and no skill, won't hurt a team defending deep without space to run in behind.

Dowell is an option or even pushing Sargent up top with Pukki to give us a more physical option in there.

6 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Could really do with a fit Cantwell right about now.

Agreed. He could have a field day, in a situation like this and their defence would be calling for nappies

4 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

We need someone who can smash one in from 25 yards, such a shame Normann and Rashica are out, so typical that we lose 2 vital players right now

Agreed, we need to be working their keeper. 

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Interesting. The ball hit Pukki’s hands before he was pulled down, but Mark Clattenburg said the red card is still the right decision.

Accidental, like the Newcastle handball off the shot in the area. Either they keep their man and we get a penalty, or what’s happened.

Think I'd be eyeing up Giannoulis to come off the bench here, get him and Tzolis on together down that left flank.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Shearer is really annoying me for one. Our performance for two. Hope Dean reorganise them as they're there for the taking. 

Apart from the penalty shout, I think he's tried to be quite impartial but imagine how hard that must be - picture yourself commentating on this and trying not to favour Norwich. It's stupid having Shearer on this game, though.

By the way, it should have been a penalty ;his hand clearly stopped the ball going on target and was away from his body.

This is a lesson in how not to play against 10 men. We need to push Aarons up further. Williams having a poor game and I would switch for Ginnilous at half time. Would also be tempted to take one of the midfield 3 off for dowell. 

Sargent looking like Sargent, but I'm not sure Tzolis has even touched the ball. 

Got to win this but at the moment I would say Newcastle have looked more dangerous despite playing for 35 mins woth 10 men. 

13 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Shocking first half against 10 men. Hopefully Dean can work some magic. All the best. Keith Scott.

Dean Smith out?

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Think I'd be eyeing up Giannoulis to come off the bench here, get him and Tzolis on together down that left flank.

Williams has played well and is containing their threat, I wouldn’t be taking him off.

• Like 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

I'm reflecting in whether I would have rather Pukki scored and we play against 11 than what we are seeing at the moment.

I had the exact thought. Though to be honest - if Pukki hadnt been fouled I dont think he would have converted

I think that their red card messed up our gameplan a bit. With too much time with ball we reverted to the worst moments of Farkeball, trying to just keep possession with slow tempo. I am sure we will see more aggressive City next half, even though their counters have seemed pretty threatening so need balance.

Would expect more dribbling and runs into box as well.

Interesting tactical thing has been that Tzolis roams most of the time to central positions leaving Williams alone to the wing. Interesting to see if we see any change there and start trying to outnumber their wingbacks

8 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Shearer is really annoying me for one

Isn't he just. Says he must be neutral as a commentator but its a struggle bless him. 

Want us to start playing quicker and score the two goals to shut him up.

I'm not too downhearted though. We are pedestrian but have controlled the game. Nice reset at HT and tactical talk by Deano (will he have some videos like against Wolves?🙂).

I would add a number 3 to your list...that bast*** Shelvey. Want to see him on the losing side.

Edited by sonyc