Harry53

Stop the excuses DF. We need Cantwell playing

I don't buy all the reasons given why Todd hasn't played for the last few games. I would guess he has shown some arrogance and annoyed the hell out of the boss who will not tolerate this attitude. I may be wrong but it's my feeling. 

Thing is with no player as creative or as skilful as Todd in the squad I see this situation as working against us winning games. 

Just look at today. No calm control, intelligence or skill to create decent openings in the last third.  Todd does this brilliantly and when playing links well with Teemu. 

For the sake of ncfc please get Todd playing. 

If he has had all those reasons for not playing I apologise, but I somehow doubt it. 

• Like 6

Just now, lake district canary said:

Would love to see Cantwell back, in a team with Rashica and Tzolis to cause some problems going forwards. we just can't quite seem to get going as it is.

I’m with you there Lakey, that three behind Pukki or anyone will create chances and score some goals.

One can analyze all situations from all angles but the basic problem remains. This present squad are  simply nowhere good enough for Premiere League football. Having said that it beggars belief why Gilmore and Cantwell are not playing in this woefully weak midfield.

8 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

I don't buy all the reasons given why Todd hasn't played for the last few games. I would guess he has shown some arrogance and annoyed the hell out of the boss who will not tolerate this attitude. I may be wrong but it's my feeling. 

Thing is with no player as creative or as skilful as Todd in the squad I see this situation as working against us winning games. 

Just look at today. No calm control, intelligence or skill to create decent openings in the last third.  Todd does this brilliantly and when playing links well with Teemu. 

If he has had all those reasons for not playing I apologise, but I somehow doubt it. 

One player is not bigger than the club. If Cantwell has a bad attitude we need to sel in January get what we can and buy some young players to take our self sustaining model forward for the next or three years. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

One player is not bigger than the club. If Cantwell has a bad attitude we need to sel in January get what we can and buy some young players to take our self sustaining model forward for the next or three years. 

At the same time a manager's (possibly one who's soon on his way out) grudge with an individual player isn't bigger than the club either.

In the last few weeks , when we played 5 at the back , we couldnt really find a place for him but in today's formation, it would have been prefect for him to have played, instead of Dowell...yet apparantly we cant find a place for him in a squad of 20?!?

Stop bullsh!tting fans with fake stories of injuries

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

I honestly don't think Cantwell will make any difference.

OTBC

• Like 1

I don't know if we will get much for Cantwell because it must be clear to other clubs by now the risk they are taking by buying him, but I think we should sell as soon as possible. He'll be happy, and maybe whatever is wrong behind the scenes at our club will be sorted out as well.

10 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

So in the meantime we suffer as a team and keep losing? 

1 hour ago, Harry53 said:

So in the meantime we suffer as a team and keep losing? 

If needs be, yes. Keep working hard the results will come but unfortunately not quick enough to save this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

At the same time a manager's (possibly one who's soon on his way out) grudge with an individual player isn't bigger than the club either.

In the last few weeks , when we played 5 at the back , we couldnt really find a place for him but in today's formation, it would have been prefect for him to have played, instead of Dowell...yet apparantly we cant find a place for him in a squad of 20?!?

Stop bullsh!tting fans with fake stories of injuries

I agree it's odd that Cantwell isn't in there, but you have no idea at all what the reason is, and it's grossly unfair to push the idea that it must be 'a grudge'. 

Farke is doing it for reasons he won't share and the only reason anyone wouldnt share is because they're avoiding publicly avoiding criticising the player, which doesn't tally with pettiness being behind it. 

1 hour ago, Pugin said:

Cantwell instead of Kieron Dowell today, and I think we would have won.

That free kick he took immediately before he got hooked summed up his performance. Cantwell would have at least being trying to create something, Dowell did little. Can't believe he wasn't busting a gut in this game, it's almost as though he didn't think he deserved to be playing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

That free kick he took immediately before he got hooked summed up his performance. Cantwell would have at least being trying to create something, Dowell did little. Can't believe he wasn't busting a gut in this game, it's almost as though he didn't think he deserved to be playing.

It's almost as though he was extremely rusty and not match fit, due to not getting a regular game.

• Like 1

For me, there is a sense that most of the players feel unhappy, and something is wrong behind the scenes. Is it more than a bunch of new players feeling they made the wrong decision to come here? Has Farke 'lost the dressing room'? Or are there two camps: one pro-Farke and one pro-Cantwell? Is that why Sargent and McLean get to play even when they have been very poor, while other players seem to be frozen out? Just a thought - I have no evidence to support this. But what does seem clear is that the genuine emotional closeness of the two promotion seasons has gone entirely. This does not seem like a happy squad. Tettey, Hugill, Hernandez, Vrançic may not have given much to the team on the pitch last season, but their influence off the pitch is badly missed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

For me, there is a sense that most of the players feel unhappy, and something is wrong behind the scenes. Is it more than a bunch of new players feeling they made the wrong decision to come here? Has Farke 'lost the dressing room'? Or are there two camps: one pro-Farke and one pro-Cantwell? Is that why Sargent and McLean get to play even when they have been very poor, while other players seem to be frozen out? Just a thought - I have no evidence to support this. But what does seem clear is that the genuine emotional closeness of the two promotion seasons has gone entirely. This does not seem like a happy squad. Tettey, Hugill, Hernandez, Vrançic may not have given much to the team on the pitch last season, but their influence off the pitch is badly missed. 

This is actually a fair point.

Not sure it is a Cantwell/Farke split but there does seem to be a loss of the camaraderie and team spirit that has been so crucial to us over the last few years. There doesnt seem to be any chemistry between any of the new players. Not sure if this is due to something behind the scenes or just that the start has been so poor, the team keeps changing and no one knows if they are going to be playing (other than McLean -where instead he must be asking WHY am I still playing!).

That team spirit and bond and love for the club seemed to come direct from Farke and his relationship with the players and the club.. now we've lost that all our weaknesses are being brutally exposed.

• Like 1

There does seem as though there is something not right within the club.
To think that DF and SW were telling us how much stronger and better equipped we are this season with  players that were specifically signed with that in mind like Tzolis,Williams,Demi,PLM,Gilmour not getting in the starting 11 and then playing Omo at left back.
Coupled with the ongoing saga with Cantwell the club does seem to be in a bit of a turmoil 

11 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

There does seem as though there is something not right within the club.
To think that DF and SW were telling us how much stronger and better equipped we are this season with  players that were specifically signed with that in mind like Tzolis,Williams,Demi,PLM,Gilmour not getting in the starting 11 and then playing Omo at left back.
Coupled with the ongoing saga with Cantwell the club does seem to be in a bit of a turmoil 

Plus we had a couple of senior recruitment team members quit didn't we.

That was a bit odd, seeing as we'd just been promoted and given a decent transfer budget for a change! 

Wonder if they felt like they weren't being heard? 

I have idea what's going on with Cantwell, but I believe we've always struggled with his agents (the same guys who got Josh Maja to run his contract down at Sunderland)

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

I Don't think he has lost the dressing room completely yet ! 

i thought he had but the players did show fight for some of the game today 

some players seem to be backing him Mclean will be one for sure ! 

He’s not injured and has no mental health issues, he’s had a disagreement with Farke and that’s the reason he’s not playing. Heard that from a family member of Todd’s 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

This is actually a fair point.

Not sure it is a Cantwell/Farke split but there does seem to be a loss of the camaraderie and team spirit that has been so crucial to us over the last few years. There doesnt seem to be any chemistry between any of the new players. Not sure if this is due to something behind the scenes or just that the start has been so poor, the team keeps changing and no one knows if they are going to be playing (other than McLean -where instead he must be asking WHY am I still playing!).

That team spirit and bond and love for the club seemed to come direct from Farke and his relationship with the players and the club.. now we've lost that all our weaknesses are being brutally exposed.

And this is actually a very good post. Like I've said elsewhere, far too much is made of 'money' these days. Kane is one of the highest paid players in the game yet he doesn't give a s..t at Spurs since they refused to sell him. I think you will find that mega money Arab Newcastle may come seriously unstuck despite some posters on here saying ...............'it's a given they will win the PL next season'!! Rubbish - I think they will go down personally.   

Qualities like you mention + attitude are absolutely key and they have vanished from this club in just a few short months. Forget all the crap about 'walking the Championship next season'! Where are the characters and leaders in this squad to achieve that? At this rate we will have the most 'fantastic training facilities' but unfortunately in Division One.

Farke said it publicly that if the player doesn’t turn up for training and fails to give 100% for the club then he is right to sideline him. Todds stock is rapidly devaluing and he will leave next summer as a free agent unless we take up the extension option - but why to do that if he is disrupting the status quo and wanting out. He unfortunately will be one we won’t make much money on from our academy, why have no firm bids been placed on the table from other clubs? They clearly must know something which puts them off. 

I don’t care who does or doesn’t like the manager, if a player loved the club he would suck it up, to pull the shirt on.  The manager manages, the players play.

Farke at least appears to want players to fight for the yellow shirt.  Those that don’t will leave, and I won’t miss them. 

People go on about us not looking the same side without Buendia but I feel the same about Todd. Genuine Premier League quality that desperately needs to be utilised.

That said I wanted him sold in the summer as it was, and is, blatantly obvious he wasn’t going to sign a new contract with us, and so therefore as a self funding club we can’t afford to lose that kind of money. 

However, I fear we’re going to lose him for a relative pittance now.

12 hours ago, Helsinki canary said:

Farke said it publicly that if the player doesn’t turn up for training and fails to give 100% for the club then he is right to sideline him. Todds stock is rapidly devaluing and he will leave next summer as a free agent unless we take up the extension option - but why to do that if he is disrupting the status quo and wanting out. He unfortunately will be one we won’t make much money on from our academy, why have no firm bids been placed on the table from other clubs? They clearly must know something which puts them off. 

It’s very easy for Farke to throw some unspecific  bomb out there that suggests Todd has had a poor attitude in training but who is to say it’s true? Webber and Farke are both not adverse to a bit of spin when it suits them. What exactly can Todd do to disprove it if he can’t get in the squad or on the pitch and training sessions are behind closed doors? 

• Like 1

Pukki
Rashica Cantwell Tzolis

Could be one to try for our next game, nothing to lose now

18 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I honestly don't think Cantwell will make any difference.

OTBC

We won't know if he doesn't play.

We are in massive trouble after just ten games. We need a change immediately. If DF is staying he needs to try something different. As has been said, nothing to lose by playing attacking players.

• Like 2

Farke did very well to get the club promoted to the PL twice, but I'm baffled at how he's still allowed to remain in charge. His abysmal record speaks for itself.

Out of the 20 last PL games he's been at the helm we've not won a single one and scored only 4 goals. We've now got a weaker team than we did last season in the Championship. Buendia was sold (right decision, if he wanted the move) and replaced by very average players. I see Billy Gilmour as the exception. He was man of the match for Scotland vs. England in the summer but he can't get a game at Norwich, yet McLean is ever present.

Farke's favouritism and vendettas like the one he has with Cantwell are hurting the club. His treatment of the Cantwell situation is truly bizarre. Why keep a clearly unsettled player on the books instead of selling him in the summer. Keeping him out of the first team is a terrible decision and will be reflected in his deteriorating value. Cantwell was a key player during our last campaign in the top tier yet now he's absent for whatever reason. Farke threw him under the bus claiming Todd doesn't make much of an effort in training... but there really isn't any way Cantwell can respond to that without making the situation worse. We only have Farkes words on this issue, mind. He's been known to be a bit elastic with the truth before.

I for one sincerely hope Farke is sacked sooner rather than later, as it would allow Cantwell to come back into the fold. I'm sure spirits would be lifted. 

If Farke is allowed to stay, for me this is a sign from upper management that his performance is acceptable. That this is good enough, that we shouldn't expect anything better. That this is our true level and we can't realistically aspire any higher. I shiver at the thought of this.

End of rant.

Edited by ÅlandicCanary

16 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

And this is actually a very good post. Like I've said elsewhere, far too much is made of 'money' these days. Kane is one of the highest paid players in the game yet he doesn't give a s..t at Spurs since they refused to sell him. I think you will find that mega money Arab Newcastle may come seriously unstuck despite some posters on here saying ...............'it's a given they will win the PL next season'!! Rubbish - I think they will go down personally.   

Qualities like you mention + attitude are absolutely key and they have vanished from this club in just a few short months. Forget all the crap about 'walking the Championship next season'! Where are the characters and leaders in this squad to achieve that? At this rate we will have the most 'fantastic training facilities' but unfortunately in Division One.

Which is why it was totally correct to sell Buendia.