cambridgeshire canary

Russell Martin is in line to become Norwich manager

Club hero. Fantastic Captain. Has all the pedigree, and was a central defender so will obviously be able to shore up the defence. Also knows exactly what is required to stay up in the Premier League and is our all-time Premier League record appearance maker. Also scored a few. What's not to like. Wouldn't be surprised if something is already informally agreed between Russell and the club. 

• Like 3

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

If he hadn’t played for us nobody would want him. And I don’t 

Spot on. It's beyond laughable that some are even mentioning his name. It would be up there with the Grant, Gunny and Adams appointments. But sadly, has to be said, it'd also be "so Norwich" if we did approach Swansea for him.

"wElL hE pLaYeD fOr uS sO mUsT bE tHe bEsT cAnDiDaTe"

The good news is that that Hodgey bloke knows f**k all about what's happening 👍🏻

Probably with Neil Adams and Bryan Gunn as support - you really couldn’t make that up!

And to think people want Farke’s head! He’d be off to Swansea and they’d be back up the PL in a shot!

Our position is hopeless - at least in tier one - with our current business model but why not stick with someone who has certainly got the measure of the championship?

• Like 1

Just now, alex_ncfc said:

Spot on. It's beyond laughable that some are even mentioning his name. It would be up there with the Grant, Gunny and Adams appointments. But sadly, has to be said, it'd also be "so Norwich" if we did approach Swansea for him.

"wElL hE pLaYeD fOr uS sO mUsT bE tHe bEsT cAnDiDaTe"

The good news is that that Hodgey bloke knows f**k all about what's happening 👍🏻

Isn't that the same as people going on about Bruce? 

Just now, Herman said:

Isn't that the same as people going on about Bruce? 

Quite, but then again Bruce played for us over 30 years ago and actually has managerial pedigree and experience at many clubs. He's also an actual Norwich legend. Russell Martin was bang average.

I wouldn't want Bruce for the job personally, but I would pick him over Russell Martin every time.

By all accounts he's got them playing well and he did decent at MK Dons as well but I'd hope we find someone better.

If we insist on it being a former legend then Bruce and Robins are better picks.

Not really sure where we go from here though but it's a bit of a free hit for the next man.

Keep us up and they're basically a hero and will probably get linked with some pretty mega jobs mid prem and up; take us down and it was Farkes fault anyway.

Can you think of ONE other Premier League team that would line him up for the top job?

Respect what he did for us as a player but I want the club to show how much bigger it has grown by appointing someone who would make the wider football world think, 'hmmmmm, that will be interesting'.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

8 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Can you think of ONE other Premier League team that would line him up for the top job?

I'd actually rather have Bruce tbh.

Webber is on it, all be revealed soon.

Doesn’t Webber take great pride in his succession planning, he will have known who he wants to replace Farke before the season began and if it were to happen I would expect it to be swift, unless the guy is full of hot air of course.

44 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

Probably with Neil Adams and Bryan Gunn as support - you really couldn’t make that up!

You literally just did? 🤷‍♂️

Would split the fanbase.  Most who didn't take to him before would put up with him until a bad patch, then there would be trouble.  Bruce? Not in a month of Sundays.  Robins? One for the future maybe, but I think our future is with continental managers.  Martin, if he gets Swansea promoted would then have a bit of pedigree, but at the moment he has achieved nothing as a manager. Too soon for him anyway, or as I said, it would be asking for trouble.  Rather stay with the set up we've got. Change isn't always a good thing.

Can’t believe the groundswell of opinion around disposing of Farke. I can’t think of a coach more likely to bring us back up. Or is the belief that our business model is compatible with a PL club? No manager* would keep a Norwich team in the PL with our budget. The league has moved on.

*if there is a potential exception, for example Ranieri, our budget would preclude access to that level of quality of in any case.

• Like 2