lake district canary

Lapps Official Liverpool Match thread

To be fair we couldn’t defend well in the Championship  we always looked dodgy but didn’t have the quality opposition to punish us. 

So shouldn’t really be a surprise.

The issue is not being able to score more than the opposition.

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

In all serious we could try 6 at the back in the next game? Get Kabak on, he could’ve marked Origi for that header while Omobamidele marked 5 yards ahead, Hanley marked 2 yards ahead and Gibson marked 2 yards behind. Try scoring a header us then!!

Personally I would have Omobamidele and Kabak as the  CB pairing. Hope that is what shakes out. They're younger and look to read the game better. I've never been convinced by Hanley or Gibson. Okay in the Championship but look to be slow in thought in the PL. 

That said, Omobamidele hasn't had this best evening (nor Mumba yet)

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

He hasn't, he was a big part in getting us promoted which more than covered his fee, which I believe we were obliged to pay on going up.

But the evidence suggests he's certainly not Premier League standard.

That might be so, but as you say he is not up-to the Premier league based on performances to date

Something is fundamentally wrong with how they train/drill the defence. If indeed they do. 

every time we have any momentum in a game our defence conspires to concede an utterly s**t schoolboy level goal and it undermines everything. It actually looks to me like we are marking zonally at all times, not just set plays.we always have loads of defenders there. 

it’s pathetic and embarrassing and is ruining our season. If Farke can’t sort it then Webber needs to step in and recruit a defence coach or sack him.

There have actually been some signs of promise tonight but now it’s all been undone because international centre backs can’t f**king mark properly. 

I honestly don't even blame individuals in our defence, this has been a problem for all of Farkes teams aside from last years, there is something really wrong with how our defence is coached or something because our positioning at times is absolutely laughable 

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No pressure on the man with the ball, Liverpool just given thhe freedom of the park. Poor goal to concede.

No, no, no, we just haven’t gelled yet!!!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a “Premier League” team look so bad defensively, it’s painful to watch and I don’t think we have the personnel or the know-how to fix it.

Edited by Hoolahoop14

1 minute ago, kirku said:

This is ****ing depressing

Aye, you just hope we'd have a good game, and this was the perfect opportunity, to kick start the season and get confidence up a bit. But here we are again.

I thought last year we were meant to be bedding in a system that would make us more solid and better prepared for the Prem.

Turns out it we just lucked into having Skipp for a year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Personally I would have Omobamidele and Kabak as the  CB pairing. Hope that is what shakes out. They're younger and look to read the game better. I've never been convinced by Hanley or Gibson. Okay in the Championship but look to be slow in thought in the PL. 

That said, Omobamidele hasn't had this best evening (nor Mumba yet)

I'm not sure it actually matters who plays where at the back. I have this horrible feeling that, as a team, we don't understand how to defend at this level. It's not Harry Potter levels of magic unlocking our defence; it's Paul bloody Daniels.

OTBC

Where do we go from here? Beaten convincingly by Liverpool reserves. Poor finishing, poor defending, zero confidence, no obvious tactic, too many options none much better than the last…I hate to say- cos I really like him-  but it’s starting to look like DF is running out of road

Since when has Dave Stewart from the Eurythmics been on Liverpool’s coaching staff?

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I'm not sure it actually matters who plays where at the back. I have this horrible feeling that, as a team, we don't understand how to defend at this level. It's not Harry Potter levels of magic unlocking our defence; it's Paul bloody Daniels.

OTBC

Not a lot?

I don't like it...

• Haha 1

Just now, The Bristol Nest said:

Maybe it's the wine that make me whine but this not good enough. The defending is very very poor and our finishing is unacceptable. 

A rethink is needed.

You are more than right there. From the very top to the very bottom! Farke and his coaching team are well out of their depth, and it shows! This is Liverpool’s second string ffs!

8 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

So who was supposed to be marking the zone right in the centre with the 6ft Liverpool forward in it?!

Great question, and who knows. Probably Hanley, he looks the most clueless of the bunch. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Aye, you just hope we'd have a good game, and this was the perfect opportunity, to kick start the season and get confidence up a bit. But here we are again.

Exactly. We're playing against a complete second/third string Liverpool, with 16 year old debutants, and *still* aren't competitive. It's shocking.

• Like 1

Just now, kirku said:

I thought last year we were meant to be bedding in a system that would make us more solid and better prepared for the Prem.

Turns out it we just lucked into having Skipp for a year.

Skipp wouldn't solve not being able to mark strikers.

If we can keep this down to two goals conceded, I think everyone on here has to agree that ‘three at the back’ can be considered a success….

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

Skipp wouldn't solve not being able to mark strikers.

That's not the point I was making