lake district canary

Lapps Official Liverpool Match thread

Guessing Sörensen had sorta recovered from that knock but not quite enough to get the start. Interesting line-up, and you'd hope Gunn's distribution and comfort with the ball at his feet could help here. Definitely think Gilmour should be a shade further forward, and Rupp's always going to bring work rate and mobility.

Tzolis and Idah need more games, and Lees-Melou can probably use the seasoning, so he's taken it seriously.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Missing Lapps, used to pull me up on my sermons, stopped me from getting out of hand........

Tonight's team -

The frightening thing is that team would probably get in the top 6 in the Championship. That is the size of the gap at the moment. 

• Like 1

Curious.. might come off, have to say there are some players there who have an opportunity to demand a start in the league if they can show what they are about tonight. Was sort of hoping for a Lungi/Normann central partnership but oh well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Going with a back 3😁

No wingers and Tzolis at striker 😶

Meanwhile Liverpool giving 16 year old Gordon a debut

liv.jpg

Liverpool showing us absolutely no respect there. Let’s go after this lot! Hope the crowd are well up for it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Missing Lapps, used to pull me up on my sermons, stopped me from getting out of hand........

Tonight's team -

A nice diamond formation there to protect the diamond Rupp in some kind of Spartan battlement formation 😅

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Liverpool showing us absolutely no respect there. Let’s go after this lot! Hope the crowd are well up for it. 

Rather not showing the competition respect. Perhaps we'll advance in this then.

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The frightening thing is that team would probably get in the top 6 in the Championship. That is the size of the gap at the moment. 

Very astute comment and one with which I concur, We have to hope that our "1st team" fits just above the bottom three in the EPL.

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Rather interesting how we do without wingers.. I'm assuming Mumba and Dimi will be playing high and as wingbacks but will be interesting

Idah and Tzolis can both work the channels so imagine it'll work well to allow the fullbacks to get forwards. We've asked for a different system and Farke is giving it a go. Fair play

We desperately needed to play the expected line up against Everton to generate some coordination and confidence in the team. Most teams involved in other competitions such as Champions League etc can put out their first team on two occasions a week why can't we. If we win tonight against a Liverpool "third team" what will that actually prove !!!

9 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Interesting line-up, and you'd hope Gunn's distribution and comfort with the ball at his feet could help here. 

Is Gunn better with the ball at his feet than Krul? Genuinely question. I thought versus Bournemouth that he looked a bit sluggish and robotic with the ball, several of his kicks went straight out for throw-ins too. 

Not to bash him, and Krul can also be guilty of errors of course, I just don't know where the belief that Gunn > Krul at kicking comes from? 

IMO Krul is actually pretty good with his feet, he just gets put under a hell of a lot of more pressure than most playing in this Norwich team at the minute! 

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Very true. But if they get away with it by beating us then they’re justified. I’d honestly be a bit disappointed not to progress seeing this team. 

Also interesting how '9 changes' makes it sound like we're not giving this a go, but other than 1 or 2 players I think we've seen everyone on that pitch start at least 1 game in the PL so far this season, just shows our strength in depth!

Farke really does have a challenge trying to find the right formula this season, there are so many possible combinations across all areas of the pitch. 

Desperately seeking a starting 11 that “gels”. I hope that this one works. No surprise to see Rupp starting, is Dowell injured?

7 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

..Then you read Jota's name.  lol

6 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Is Gunn better with the ball at his feet than Krul? Genuinely question. I thought versus Bournemouth that he looked a bit sluggish and robotic with the ball, several of his kicks went straight out for throw-ins too. 

Not to bash him, and Krul can also be guilty of errors of course, I just don't know where the belief that Gunn > Krul at kicking comes from? 

IMO Krul is actually pretty good with his feet, he just gets put under a hell of a lot of more pressure than most playing in this Norwich team at the minute! 

I'd say he's a bit more natural with it. Krul kinda learned his trade before there was as much emphasis on goalies being able to genuinely play the ball. They all had to improve somewhat when the backpass rule came in, but for the most part, it was just about wanging it miles down the pitch. Krul has certainly come a long way with it and is miles ahead of McGovern, but even in our Championship season he was prone to floating his passes too much. The Rotherham match (where Hanley then compounded the error with a strange piece of ball-watching) was a prime example.

15 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Well, we've made 9 changes so we're not showing them, or the competition, a lot of respect either.

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd say he's a bit more natural with it. Krul kinda learned his trade before there was as much emphasis on goalies being able to genuinely play the ball. They all had to improve somewhat when the backpass rule came in, but for the most part, it was just about wanging it miles down the pitch. Krul has certainly come a long way with it and is miles ahead of McGovern, but even in our Championship season he was prone to floating his passes too much. The Rotherham match (where Hanley then compounded the error with a strange piece of ball-watching) was a prime example.

Krul is definitely liable to a howler or two (remember Arsenal away in 19/20 too), but I do think that is partly owing to the nature of our play-style. He looks pretty smooth with his passing to me overall, and better than Gunn I had thought (certainly in the most recent Bournemouth game anyway), but I'll admit that's a small sample size! 

It’s a very youthful front two but what a scary prospect, Idah & Tzolis would rip the championship apart.