14 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

You're probably right. In fact I wouldn't be pedaling this "nonsense" if anyone I know had even caught the world's most deadly disease, let alone died from it. But yet here we are 18 months later and I still haven't met anyone who's caught it. That's probably been because I haven't been allowed to mix with other people though.

Unbelievably disrespectful. It’s almost as if just because it’s not affected you, you’ve therefore arrogantly decided it’s not something to be taken seriously. You had your jabs yet, or are you still fearing the microchips?

21 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

So, Billy Gilmour eh?

Agreed Wacky, think we could do with a bunch of Gilmour related vids for our fellow posters to wake up to 👍 ️ 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Is this going to happen or just a rumour?

Who knows, but there’s certainly a hell of a lot of smoke, CJ

1 hour ago, TheGoogler said:

You are very fortunate. I know of a man I'm friends with who lost his wife. She suffered from bronchitis her entire life. Leaves behind a 7yr old daughter whose mother was her world. 

Sorry I called your view "nonsense" but I just worry that 1% you speak of who do succumb to this virus will be forgotten as they are "only 1%" - when in reality they are people whose families are destroyed by this. 

I'm very sorry for your friends loss. It's tragic when you lose someone close to you, as I can testify to. I just think that the response to a disease the has under a 1% mortality rate has been disproportionate.

If Covid had a 10 to 30 % death rate, lockdowns would have been justified. That's not disgusting, selfish and ignorant, it's common sense. Sadly common sense in this day and age is not very common.

Never seen Gilmour videos before and I know these are highlights,  remember RVW?.... gotta say he puts a nice weight on a pass, not shy to get stuck in for a small lad, he's always on the move, with the right guidance he's could become a real star, whether Daniel gets the chance to work with him remains to be seen but he looks a real talent...... get him in 👍

1 minute ago, splendidrush said:

Never seen Gilmour videos before and I know these are highlights,  remember RVW?.... gotta say he puts a nice weight on a pass, not shy to get stuck in for a small lad, he's always on the move, with the right guidance he's could become a real star, whether Daniel gets the chance to work with him remains to be seen but he looks a real talent...... get him in 👍

I think we can console ourselves that RvW was never going to succeed in a Chris Hughton side. Jeez, even Marco Van Basten would have been screwed with those tactics.

Farke, on the other hand, plays quality football. I think Billy Gilmour could become quite a cult figure here ala Skipp if we can get this one over the line.

• Like 1

He's a way better footballer than Skipp. He can run all day and tackle but he can pass the ball forwards quite effectively as well. Apparently Chelsea see him as a long term replacement for Kante so I assume he would be playing a holding role here. 

7 hours ago, duke63 said:

1% of the Worlds population is 70 million.

If anyone thinks that is an acceptable attrition rate then they need to have a severe word with themselves.

For it to be that number thats making the assumption that the whole of the world’s population will catch the virus. They won’t. 

Edited by Virtual reality

7 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

...still, good news about Billy Gilmour.

Billy Gilmour's Eyes.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chip20 said:

As above, they didn't fight for our rights to do as we please for our own gratification and convenience regardless of the impact on others. Otherwise, why have any laws at all?

I'm also interested in what the survival rate is if left to spread in-hindered. My understanding is the restrictions are to protect the healthcare providers' capacity to provide life-saving treatment, rather than because the new virus is especially deadly in itself. It's the proliferation that's the issue, not so much the outright deadliness of the disease. 

Not just that, we've got absolutely no idea what the long-term side effects of this condition are, apart from the long Covid (which three of my friends have had and wouldn't wish on anyone). We're in this position because our government is anything but decisive and dithers far too long.

Back to Gilmour, let's hope Grant was doing an Emi Martinez for us whilst Tuchel knows Farke really well from their time at Dortmund as they were together at more-or-less the same time. He looks as balanced a prospect I've ever seen, and provided the attention does not go to his head and he remains focused, I can see Farke and regular football making a star out of him.

Get him in, get him in, get him in!

9 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

What if he has a shirt number that isn't 8 or 10? Where will he play?🤔

These guys play too much FIFA . Soon we will be discussing AM’s and DM’s (which are a sort of boot I think) and even ADM’s . 

Whatever happened to the inside right ?

1 hour ago, Virtual reality said:

For it to be that number thats making the assumption that the whole of the world’s population will catch the virus. They won’t. 

But many probably would if it spread unchecked. That’s the point isn’t it. The death rate may be under 1% but if you compare it with something like cancer the % of people catching it is way, way higher. 

• Like 1

Anyway back to the topic. Gilmour would be a good addition I think. Bit nervous the news has breaking early coupled with his Euros performance gives others a chance to gazump but Sexy Bennett and the Archant crew seem confident and the latter seem to get stuff straight from Webber these days. 

40 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

These guys play too much FIFA . Soon we will be discussing AM’s and DM’s (which are a sort of boot I think) and even ADM’s . 

You are City 1st and I claim my 5 sovereigns

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Virtual reality said:

You don't and can't know that. The Covid virus will evolve over time and each variant could be a new challenge.

Covid, on some level, will be an issue for many years to come.

7 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Is this going to happen or just a rumour?

Paddy Davitt seems to think it is definitely happening, along with a number of other journos. Good stuff! 

30 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Anyway back to the topic. Gilmour would be a good addition I think. 

I agree Jim. He's a player with bags of potential and a logical addition (I mean this position on the field needs some strengthening).

But Football Insider - from BBC gossip round up - say Wolves are in for him.  As they are never right ....

7 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

I'm very sorry for your friends loss. It's tragic when you lose someone close to you, as I can testify to. I just think that the response to a disease the has under a 1% mortality rate has been disproportionate.

If Covid had a 10 to 30 % death rate, lockdowns would have been justified. That's not disgusting, selfish and ignorant, it's common sense. Sadly common sense in this day and age is not very common.

Have you ever thought the lockdowns, distancing, vaccines etc are the reason why it is only 1%?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Moved to left half.

Would be a great catch to get young Gilmour here and playing in yellow an' green for a season.....Here's hoping.....

Okay, so I'm naive here. Bethnal had reservations about Gilmour as he mentioned he's too lightweight, so why is he any different to Leitner?

And what does his inclusion mean for our formation given we're likely to be without the ball most of the time, if he's too lightweight then why are we opting to bring him in as a playmaker (which I'm assuming is his position)? 

I have no idea about the guy, so feel free to enlighten me. 

Gilmour and Skippy would be amazing, come on Webber, get our Skippy back#

Must admit I'm a bit nervous that the Gilmour deal may fall through. It seems Norwich had agreed everything with Chelsea and maybe the player and were just waiting for him to finish at the Euros before getting contracts signed etc. But the performance against England and now the Covid case mean that he has drawn more attention to himself and there is a window of opportunity for someone to jump in.

It seems from what Bailey is reporting that Norwich didn't want this news getting out, so seems likely Gilmour's agent or Chelsea have let it out to see if they can potentially drum up a bit more interest and possible a club slightly higher up the food chain. While Tuchel may be pals with Farke, I'm not really sure how much say he has in this as Chelsea know that the chances of any manager they have being around long enough to benefit from youth player development is minimal. You can see Gilmour or his agent thinking that while Norwich was a good offer after he'd had a difficult season, suddenly he is flavour of the month and a West Ham, Southampton, Leeds, Wolves etc may spring up which the player would find more appealing.

Fingers crossed it happens as although I have some doubts over his physicality, it seems Norwich have made him a high priority and it would be a blow to lose out on a target.

I think we would all love skipp back and I'm sure a return would of been on the cards, but now Jose isn't there, the new manager may fancy working with skipp. Also, I guess his injury is a block on the deal anyhow. How long is he out for does.anyone know?

Is Sam Bryan back yet or how long is he due out? Also, are we happy going in with just Aarons dimi and Bali if Sam is still out?

3 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

I think we would all love skipp back and I'm sure a return would of been on the cards, but now Jose isn't there, the new manager may fancy working with skipp. Also, I guess his injury is a block on the deal anyhow. How long is he out for does.anyone know?

Is Sam Bryan back yet or how long is he due out? Also, are we happy going in with just Aarons dimi and Bali if Sam is still out?

Bryam is back. He'd recovered from his injury at the end of last season but the club didn't feel the need to get him back into the squad as the league looked pretty secure and they wanted to ease him in gradually. He'll be starting pre-season with the rest of the team as normal. 

If Gilmour arrives, it means Norwich can only loan one more player from a Premier League team, do the club risk keeping that slot open in the hope that Tottenham agree to let Skipp go - which is likely to be a decision only made at the 11th hour, or do they look to use that slot on someone else. 

I'd also have reservations about Norwich's midfield being Skipp and Gilmour. Two 20 year old players on loan might not be the greatest midfield partnership for a club that will likely be fighting against relegation.

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Bryam is back. He'd recovered from his injury at the end of last season but the club didn't feel the need to get him back into the squad as the league looked pretty secure and they wanted to ease him in gradually. He'll be starting pre-season with the rest of the team as normal. 

If Gilmour arrives, it means Norwich can only loan one more player from a Premier League team, do the club risk keeping that slot open in the hope that Tottenham agree to let Skipp go - which is likely to be a decision only made at the 11th hour, or do they look to use that slot on someone else. 

I'd also have reservations about Norwich's midfield being Skipp and Gilmour. Two 20 year old players on loan might not be the greatest midfield partnership for a club that will likely be fighting against relegation.

I don't like the idea of having two loan players in the same position full stop. If we do manage to stay up, would we really want to have to start the midfield from scratch again because both of our 'double pivots' have gone back to their parent club? I'd rather we signed another forward as our second loan option (assuming Skipp or Gilmour are the first). Don't think Hugill and Idah will be sufficient backup to Pukki, personally.