Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I was hoping for someone a bit more 'oven ready' tbh, given the funds we potentially have available.

I'm not sure how much more oven ready you can get than a full season of Bundesliga football and leading the line of the 20th placed nation in the FIFA rankings. 

• Like 2

Just for quite a number of people's sanity, please can we not use the term "oven ready" when referring to perspective signings. That term no longer holds any sort of reliable meaning as we'd have to ascertain what sort of oven ready you mean due to the use of the term by our gracious and intelligent overlord... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I'm not sure how much more oven ready you can get than a full season of Bundesliga football and leading the line of the 20th placed nation in the FIFA rankings. 

Good he'll hit the ground running then 😉

We'll wait and see how he does. 

This sounds that Idah will be 2nd choice, which I'm happy about, Sargent 3rd, and Hugill sold or loaned.

We cant now really bash Villa if do get both Emi and Todd as we are doing the same, grabbing 2 of Bremen's best in Rashica and Sargent, notwithstanding Dimi and Tzolis from PAOK, albeit with a slight gap in that one.

Anyways, Pukki, Idah and Sargent feels stronger than Pukki, Idah and Hugill...potentially at least, time will tell us.

• Like 1

Checked out Sargent's international record. 16 games, 5 goals, racked up in four games against Peru, Bolivia, and two matches against Cuba. Peru are average, Bolivia barely that, and Cuba were dire. They could improve a bit nowadays by not having all amateurs.

That said, he apparently got called up to a USA U17, U20, and senior camp in the same year so was clearly a fairly quick developer. Trained with Schalke in January 2017, so suspect Farke would have known of him then as he'd have been at Dortmund.

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Checked out Sargent's international record. 16 games, 5 goals, racked up in four games against Peru, Bolivia, and two matches against Cuba. Peru are average, Bolivia barely that, and Cuba were dire. They could improve a bit nowadays by not having all amateurs.

That said, he apparently got called up to a USA U17, U20, and senior camp in the same year so was clearly a fairly quick developer. Trained with Schalke in January 2017, so suspect Farke would have known of him then as he'd have been at Dortmund.

Messi plays against teams like that too!

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Messi plays against teams like that too!

Sure, but not necessarily as bad as Cuba. CONMEBOL is not the easiest of qualifying groups as even the barely average teams (Bolivia and Venezuela) are capable of a shock or at least some very stiff resistance. CONCACAF is largely a who's who of... who and half the nations are probably far better at cricket!

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Good he'll hit the ground running then 😉

We'll wait and see how he does. 

This sounds that Idah will be 2nd choice, which I'm happy about, Sargent 3rd, and Hugill sold or loaned.

He looks a good prospect to me and he has played and scored goals for the USA. I think Josh Seargent and Idah could develop at Norwich where as Hugill hasn't and won't 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, unique said:

Strange question.

Buendia was an exciting potential signing.

Sargent’s potential signing, coming in as a second striker to Pukki, in the Premier League, doesn’t match the other signings so far.

The spectre of Ricky van Wolfswinkel looms large…..and his stats are somewhat superior to Sargent’s.

Just not true, when Ricky was at the same stage of his career as Sargent he'd just finished his time at Vitesse scoring 8 in 33 in a far weaker league. 

• Thanks 1

On 28/07/2021 at 11:00, PurpleCanary said:

First it was Joshua King. Now Joshua Zirkzee. Joshua Tree next. And we still won't have found what we're looking for...🤓

Joshua Thomas Sargent. You - sort of - heard it here first. Perhaps this was the one we were looking for all the time...

31 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Ireland isn’t in the UK…

Thank you Bethnalo. If only I follow and  other streaming services realised that.

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Joshua Thomas Sargent. You - sort of - heard it here first. Perhaps this was the one we were looking for all the time...

Transfer window will close soon, 11 o’clock tick tock 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Anyways, Pukki, Idah and Sargent feels stronger than Pukki, Idah and Hugill...

This⬆️

It is a definite upgrade when you put in Tzolis, Rashica as our new AM players plus Dowell, Gilmour, Rupp, McLean, Cantwell, Lees-Melou etc.

The number of attacking combinations are so varied.

It's already looking exciting and if Tzolis and Sargent do come off then it's a definite upgrade in squad depth. 

Webber stated we needed more artillery this time.

And finally, all the talk from the top is about establishing our club in the PL. This campaign feels SO different to last time. It feels ambitious. Surely, the majority of Norwich fans have to agree on that.

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Ireland isn’t in the UK…

Very true but you know what I mean, I should have just said he might not have gone back to Greece 😅

24 minutes ago, sonyc said:

the majority of Norwich fans have to agree on that.

They do, but there'll be the same old characters tell us we said it'd be easy with these players, but these players are rubbish etc. No ambition, selling our best players and signing cheapies to replace them etc.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AJ said:

Very true but you know what I mean, I should have just said he might not have gone back to Greece 😅

You should’ve said he might have stayed in the British Isles….🙂👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think even the MOTD team must accept that forecasting how Norwich will do this season is pretty difficult. Assuming we complete these likely incomings, and we still add another couple, I don't think anyone can have a clue! If they all come off then we could be one of the most exciting teams in the PL going forward. If they don't, we could be adrift at the bottom.

Holding on to Cantwell is for me the key to the season. 

Just now, sgncfc said:

I think even the MOTD team must accept that forecasting how Norwich will do this season is pretty difficult. Assuming we complete these likely incomings, and we still add another couple, I don't think anyone can have a clue! If they all come off then we could be one of the most exciting teams in the PL going forward. If they don't, we could be adrift at the bottom.

Holding on to Cantwell is for me the key to the season. 

If we lose Cantwell and brought in a whole new set of fresh faces off the back of that we would probably be the busiest newly promoted team ever! Bearing in mind we're in a new league as well it really does throw all the predictions in the air... 

I think anywhere from nicely in at 10th or cut adrift at 20th come the end of the season wouldn't be too much of a surprise at all.

Certainly playing as Norwich in the next football manager would be a fun one.  

54 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Sure, but not necessarily as bad as Cuba.

I heard they've got a good little winger!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

If we lose Cantwell and brought in a whole new set of fresh faces off the back of that we would probably be the busiest newly promoted team ever!

The worrying thing is that even if we spent any Cantwell money, it takes time for players to get up to Farke's physical requirements and the tactical approach. Really hoping that the Cantwell link falls though.

Edited by Badger
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Badger said:

I heard they've got a good little winger!

True, but that was after the matches when Sargent scored three against them in two separate matches.

3 and a half weeks until the end of the transfer window. Cantwell is havering already and still time for interest in Aarons and maybe McLean.

4 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

3 and a half weeks until the end of the transfer window. Cantwell is havering already and still time for interest in Aarons and maybe McLean.

'havering' a good old scotish word!

The Proclaimers I believe.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

'havering' a good old scotish word!

The Proclaimers I believe.

Aye, they walked 500 miles for that one.