Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

There is a separate thread about it, in case you'd not seen it already 🙂

Ha ha, yeh, about 2 minutes after I posted 😉 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, king canary said:

It's one of those ones where currency makes a real difference.

If its $11m as one suggested then that's under £8m.

If its euros then its nearer £10m.

And if its pounds then...its pounds.

What's that in kilos?

2 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Williams isn’t going to come in to be a bench warmer. Which makes me wonder if Aarons is off as it’s gone suspiciously quiet around his movements… 

In that vein, will we wait until Williams is confirmed before selling on Aarons to fund a quality DM purchase? I know that sounds convoluted but such is the transfer window. 

Another consideration is cover at left backs since Bryam, who‘s still out, keeps having set backs. Surely we’ll be looking at that as another priority in view of Giannolouis injury / suspension?

Doesn't add up though. Williams is a left back naturally, though he can play right back as well. Which is like saying Aarons is a left back. It'll all come down to whether there is perhaps a belief that he or one of our other full backs can possibly play a DM role?

It is a weird one, as has been said, will he come to be playing back up - would Man Utd like that? If he ousts Giannoulis from the team, or even Aarons, would that be good when he'd be off at the end of the season and we'd need to bring either one back into the fold? Strange one at this point. We'll have to see.

Can't see Williams coming in tbh. Giannoulis is a solid presence at left back, and if Tzolis is in the building, it's going to make more sense to put those two together at every opportunity.

27 minutes ago, chicken said:

Doesn't add up though. Williams is a left back naturally, though he can play right back as well. Which is like saying Aarons is a left back. It'll all come down to whether there is perhaps a belief that he or one of our other full backs can possibly play a DM role?

It is a weird one, as has been said, will he come to be playing back up - would Man Utd like that? If he ousts Giannoulis from the team, or even Aarons, would that be good when he'd be off at the end of the season and we'd need to bring either one back into the fold? Strange one at this point. We'll have to see.

He’s right footed and has been played at left back so not quite the same as Aaron’s being described as a left back. 

I don’t think we will sign him personally but if we did he could play either side like Byram or Mumba. 

1 minute ago, Mario Harper****e said:

He’s right footed and has been played at left back so not quite the same as Aaron’s being described as a left back. 

I don’t think we will sign him personally but if we did he could play either side like Byram or Mumba. 

It's Byrum they are looking to cover for really.

I'd assumed he was a left back by the fact that Man Utd seem to consider him that by number of appearances there.. Having three players capable of playing both positions is very useful. But as you say, still an odd one as if he's looking for games, would we put him ahead of Giannoulis or Aarons, and would he play ahead of Mumba who could get some experience? Perhaps Mumba is going to be loaned out?

13 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

To be honest I think tonight is the night we move on from him if we haven't already.

I think we already have moved on from Billing with Tzolis and Sargent looking certain now. With DF's use of a back 3 and a midfield 3 in pre-season, there is less need for another AM with Rashica, Dowell, Cantwell and Rupp able to play there. Another DM would be a higher priority IMO.

Edited by Yelloow Since 72

If one PL loan still available a CB more of a necessity than FB.  If we need cover at RB we have Mumba and Sorensen who will be more comfortable on right than left.  At LB If 3 at back Gibbo can cover for LB If Dimi not available and one of RB options can switch to LB.   

1 hour ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

I think we already have moved on from Billing with Tzolis and Sargent looking certain now. With DF's use of a back 3 and a midfield 3 in pre-season, there is less need for another AM with Rashica, Dowell, Cantwell and Rupp able to play there. Another DM would be a higher priority IMO.

Have to agree, looking at Billing’s comments on his Instagram, he sounds quite committed to the Bournemouth cause this season. Mind you Emi sounded the same at the end of last season so you never know!

1 hour ago, pete said:

If one PL loan still available a CB more of a necessity than FB.  If we need cover at RB we have Mumba and Sorensen who will be more comfortable on right than left.  At LB If 3 at back Gibbo can cover for LB If Dimi not available and one of RB options can switch to LB.   

I think that’s only true if it’s someone experienced who’s out of favour, like Gibson was.

Doesn’t seem much point bringing in someone else’s youngster to develop at CB when we have one already in the building.

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

C43D0388-F2C1-4070-A3AE-D7F2020C5E0F.jpeg

Not wrong Nuffo, book the week after school starts, pay the non attendance fine at school as youd save £50 million.😇👍😉

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Not wrong Nuffo, book the week after school starts, pay the non attendance fine at school as youd save £50 million.😇👍😉

Or set fire to Thetford forest, express your deepest regrets to the family that your holiday has had to be cancelled, and save yourself the lot. Worked for me last time!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Or set fire to Thetford forest, express your deepest regrets to the family that your holiday has had to be cancelled, and save yourself the lot. Worked for me last time!

Would you like to 'invest' what you saved , in a small but well run premier league footy club by any chance? No guarantee of returns on your gift, I mean, investment.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Nixon still sticking with our bid for Armstrong

Crystal Palace’s offer to Blackburn Rovers for Adam Armstrong is thought to have been less than the bid that has been submitted by Norwich City for his services, according to The Sun journalist Alan Nixon.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/details-emerge-over-crystal-palaces-offer-for-blackburn-rovers-star-amid-rival-norwich-city-bid/

That’s odd - pretty sure the pinkun journos all-but dismissed this one.  We do rather need to focus a bit more on other areas of the pitch now, if Tzolis/Sargent are on their way.

The Armstrong one suggests neither Palace or Norwich have bid enough to get him, which puts Southampton in the driving seat. We're set to announce Sargent as our 'record signing' according to the front page, so I would be amazed if we did that again to get Armstrong, but it would future proof the striking department.

Absolutely key how we use that final EPL loan now, could it be Skipp again? 

If it's true the Villa CEO has washed his hands on Cantwell, then we may be looking at one or two outgoings so we can afford to improve our defensive capability. Exciting few weeks ahead!

Still plenty of championship talent we could look at. I see Jed Wallace is struggling to agree a new deal with Millwall. Probably more of a squad player, but scored plenty of goals and assists over the last two seasons. Rarely misses a game and a decent age. 

I like Cauley Woodrow too. Again, maybe not the most glamourous of suggestions, but one I feel could be a useful addition. 

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Nixon still sticking with our bid for Armstrong

It's clearly to put pressure on Palace to up their bid.

He adds that it's down to Armstrong to choose so clearly it's suggested that he would prefer Palace.

33 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Still plenty of championship talent we could look at. I see Jed Wallace is struggling to agree a new deal with Millwall. Probably more of a squad player, but scored plenty of goals and assists over the last two seasons. Rarely misses a game and a decent age. 

I like Cauley Woodrow too. Again, maybe not the most glamourous of suggestions, but one I feel could be a useful addition. 

Wow!!! Horrific suggestions

It is starting to feel like we’re holding out for Skipp. It could be that once the inevitable happens and they sell Kane then they will be in a position to bring in a few players whilst opting to give Skipp another years loan. 

Couldn’t give a toss about Armstrong. We need a defensive midfielder. Aside from Tzolis that’s the only other signing I am bothered about now. Shame we don’t seem to be linked with shy and haven’t really been throughout the window. 

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Couldn’t give a toss about Armstrong. We need a defensive midfielder. Aside from Tzolis that’s the only other signing I am bothered about now. Shame we don’t seem to be linked with shy and haven’t really been throughout the window. 

With Rupp, McLean, PLM, Gilmour and Sorensen I don't believe another CM is being eyed up and we're looking to avoid fielding a DM. Even the Billing interest seems to be about finding a rival to Dowell at CAM.

1 minute ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

With Rupp, McLean, PLM, Gilmour and Sorensen I don't believe another CM is being eyed up and we're looking to avoid fielding a DM. Even the Billing interest seems to be about finding a rival to Dowell at CAM.

Well in my opinion that would be a huge error. Stand to be corrected and hope I’m wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Just a thought, which could be entirely way off, but I think we should all take note of what Webber said about this window going to the wire. It could well be that Spurs have told Webber that they’re prepared to let us have Skipp for another loan this season to continue his development, but with the proviso that things need to happen their end before they can release him, which is probably all revolving around the Harry Kane sale. So Webber might have one of several CDM’s he’s prepared to make a move for if needs be, but is waiting for things to develop at Spurs before going down that route as plan B. We shall see, but one thing I’m confident of is that we will have the players we want come the end of the window as Farke and Webber have reiterated time and time again, seemingly on deaf ears or those that don’t believe them. Certainly not panicking after yesterday with a threadbare set of options and Newcastle being able to replace all 10 outfield players with fresh replacements in the second half, that fortunately can’t happen in a league game so I will take that game for what it was.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

You're kidding right?

18 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Well in my opinion that would be a huge error. Stand to be corrected and hope I’m wrong. 

Go with that as our midfield and we are down.