Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

9 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Normann starting today for Rostov...

Carvalho is happening, can feel it in my plums.

Carvalho in the squad for Real Madrid for Saturday!

4 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Who cares about Palace ... meanwhile we have one player who can play the Defensive Central Midfield role and its not his natural position. Four days to go.... will define our season.

The only time posters come up with the 'Who cares about XYZ United/City/Wanderers...?' is when the news, and especially financial news, about XYZ Etc is bad and might actually knock down the 'Why aren't we like XYZ Etc?' arguments and by contrast show Norwich City in a good light.

At other times, when the financial news about XYZ Etc seems to be good, you cannot move on this message-board for these same posters being extremely keen to care about about XYZ Etc and to make comparisons.🤓

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Carvalho in the squad for Real Madrid for Saturday!

Not in the site I'm reading where it says he might be left out due to interest from Norwich City!

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/real-madrid/preview/preview-real-betis-vs-real-madrid-prediction-team-news-lineups_460939.html

Sounding as though this could actually happen, although of course could still be Fulham.

• Like 1

Connor Southwell seems pretty convinced we won’t be getting Carvalho? But Sky still running with it? 

12 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Connor Southwell seems pretty convinced we won’t be getting Carvalho? But Sky still running with it? 

Sky will run with it until Carvalho signs for someone else, regardless of any truth in the story. Wonder if he is the back-up plan for Norwich if Normann can't be prised out of Russia - but suspect he is someone the club made an enquiry about but moved on from a while ago,

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Sexy Bennett has the answer!!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The only time posters come up with the 'Who cares about XYZ United/City/Wanderers...?' is when the news, and especially financial news, about XYZ Etc is bad and might actually knock down the 'Why aren't we like XYZ Etc?' arguments and by contrast show Norwich City in a good light.

At other times, when the financial news about XYZ Etc seems to be good, you cannot move on this message-board for these same posters being extremely keen to care about about XYZ Etc and to make comparisons.🤓

Why can’t we be X or Y or indeed Z . Totally against sporting integrity.😉

15 minutes ago, Justin time said:

Why can’t we be X or Y or indeed Z . Totally against sporting integrity.😉

I'm firmly against sporting integrity. I'm looking to sell the space on my ar5e for Talk S&+£ sponsorship... 

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Good analysis here; https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/mathias-normann-2020-21-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Basically, he is good at a bit of everything, but isn't a player that will just sit deep and screen a la Skipp. But that never seems to be the profile of player Norwich have been looking for (Billing and Carvalho aren't that player either).

Thank you for this link, it was very interesting. 

It does say that he plays as a single pivot for Rostov, so presumably could play in a variety of roles in our midfield, including a double pivot if that's what we chose to play.

This Is Why Manchester United Want To Sign Mathias Normann 2020 (HD) - YouTube

Normann looks the sort of player that would help get the most out of Rashica and Pukki. He looks a Farke type player to me, too. Whether he can be as effective for us when he hasn't as much time on the ball and is pressed, is the question. 

In any case, I don't think we'll see a physical, tough tackling type, like Carvalho arrive. Not while Farke picks the side anyway. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

13 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

This Is Why Manchester United Want To Sign Mathias Normann 2020 (HD) - YouTube

Normann looks the sort of player that would help get the most out of Rashica and Pukki. He looks a Farke type player to me, too. Whether he can be as effective for us when he hasn't as much time on the ball and is pressed, is the question. 

In any case, I don't think we'll see a physical, tough tackling type, like Carvalho arrive. Not while Farke picks the side anyway. 

Carvalho isn't a physical, tough tackler. He is more of a playmaker with great passing range but very little mobility. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Air Hamburg Citation just landed at airport

Trybull?

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Watford making big moves when it comes to strong midfielders I see..

Can't work out if this is a good signing or not... £5m seems a good price, but Sissoko hasn't really been good for a while, certainly feels like a backwards step from Will Hughes.

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Can't work out if this is a good signing or not... £5m seems a good price, but Sissoko hasn't really been good for a while, certainly feels like a backwards step from Will Hughes.

I mean part of why Sissoko has been seen as 'not good' is beacause for Spurs fans not winning every single match you play is seen as bad. For a team like Watford that will be near the bottom of the table and have far lower expectations he will be a very good player for them, and 5 million for him is an absoloute bargin

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean part of why Sissoko has been seen as 'not good' is beacause for Spurs fans not winning every single match you play is seen as bad. For a team like Watford that will be near the bottom of the table and have far lower expectations he will be a very good player for them, and 5 million for him is an absoloute bargin

He is 32 years old and reputed to be on 4 million per annum at Spurs. So it would be 13 million for a player with no resale value. 

It might work out for Watford, but I imagine Spurs will be pretty pleased!

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He was bad bad last season, not just bad for a Tottenham sized team. Maybe Xisco can get something out of him.

32 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Watford making big moves when it comes to strong midfielders I see..

That's their whole modus operandi. They sign big powerful pacy players and play on the counter attack. I wish we'd sign some players like that to be honest. Some defensively strong powerful players to guard our defence and some powerful, quick dribblers on the wings to get at teams. I'm hoping Tzolis turns out to be that type of player. Basically I want a 25 yo Alex Tettey and Darren Huckerby to cause teams problems. But Farke and Webber don't seem to like players like that, Tettey wasn't playing when Farke first arrived and he seems reluctant to play strong pacy wingers. I know we have our style, but theres room for a different dimension to our team even if the players aren't that good at pass and move.

Ronaldo deal done in 48hrs. 

I guess he isn't too bothered by a relegation clause, or what happens should Utd get relegated.

15 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

That's their whole modus operandi. They sign big powerful pacy players and play on the counter attack. I wish we'd sign some players like that to be honest. Some defensively strong powerful players to guard our defence and some powerful, quick dribblers on the wings to get at teams. I'm hoping Tzolis turns out to be that type of player. Basically I want a 25 yo Alex Tettey and Darren Huckerby to cause teams problems. But Farke and Webber don't seem to like players like that, Tettey wasn't playing when Farke first arrived and he seems reluctant to play strong pacy wingers. I know we have our style, but theres room for a different dimension to our team even if the players aren't that good at pass and move.

I know this is seen as sacrilege on here and I too have fond memories but Tettey's technical ability was below the standard required to play for a Farke team. 

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can't bealive we missed out ffs Webber what are you doing? 😡

So uh not looking forward to him playing against us twice this season.. lord help us

Our season won't be defined by games against Man Utd.

I don't think I've seen Ronaldo at Carrow Rd. Looking forward to it.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

I don't think I've seen Ronaldo at Carrow Rd. Looking forward to it.

I remember him being on the bench with Rooney (and Scholes I think?) and coming on when we played them under Worthy when we beat them 2-0. At that time Rooney was seen as the better prospect...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I remember him being on the bench with Rooney (and Scholes I think?) and coming on when we played them under Worthy when we beat them 2-0. At that time Rooney was seen as the better prospect...

If I'm not mistaken, Man Utd rested some of their big guns and their three subs that day were Ronaldo, Rooney and van Nistelrooy.

35 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

We've signed TWO strong pacey wingers this transfer window. What planet are you living on? 

12 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If I'm not mistaken, Man Utd rested some of their big guns and their three subs that day were Ronaldo, Rooney and van Nistelrooy.

They didn't rest them for very long - just looked up the game. Ronaldo came on in the 22nd minute, Rooney came on in the 45th minute and Van Nistelrooy came on in the 63rd minute.

Farke knows about this game - that's why he doesn't make early substitutions. 😉 

11 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Hah good shout. What a night that was.