Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

Just now, kirku said:

Indeed, but his club career is nowhere near where it was "meant" to be. Basically Sporting and Betis with a loan to Brugge.

Obviously biding his time for a proper big club like Norwich to come along 🤣

• Like 1

Well, it’s a rumour so is obviously likely not to happen , but it’s a link and one to think about.  I dare say a full ‘wide of the mark’ article is being written as I type….

2 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Obviously biding his time for a proper big club like Norwich to come along 🤣

The lad from Luanda, dreaming of Carra Rud...

"William Carvalho is a donkey", a quote regularly said by my Portuguese housemate.

I for one would not be happy with this addition. 

19 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

He's Portuguese...............will go to Wolves 🤣

Surely Spurs (Nuno ES), then we can have Skipp back. It's all coming together.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well, it’s a rumour so is obviously likely not to happen , but it’s a link and one to think about.  I dare say a full ‘wide of the mark’ article is being written as I type….

EDP confirmed interest but said deal unlikely... presume we've put out our interest in a DM/B2B far and wide and waiting for a bite.

Exciting link aside, he's definitely not been up to his usual standards the last year or so

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

EDP confirmed interest but said deal unlikely... presume we've put out our interest in a DM/B2B far and wide and waiting for a bite.

Exciting link aside, he's definitely not been up to his usual standards the last year or so

Sounds like the perfect Webber/Farke signing - out of favour misfit who isn't playing up to the standard they think he could play at, Farke would get him going!

9 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Not a no but i'm guessing we want better value than we'd get there.

Unless it was a loan, then it's not such an issue

Many reasons why this might have come out, I think perhaps more likely as Bettis are trying to get a bidding war going by letting it know he’s available or the agent also trying to generate some interest. We know now that Norwich made an enquiry, but who knows when that was or how far that conversation went. Maybe Norwich have leaked it to spook St Ettiane or Rostov, but I just don’t think we really work like that.

I think one thing we should all be happy about, is despite the initial disappointment this one is likely not going to happen, we can clearly see that a CDM one way or another will likely be joining us as we seem to be trying to keep options open. 

Edited by birchfest

Of all the options we've been linked with so far, I think Mahdi Camara would be the best fit. Young and hungry (23), already the captain of Saint Etienne, very highly regarded by Claude Puel and loves a tackle.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

This seems like an insane link, exactly the player we need at a great age and with a wealth of experience.  Surely his wages are too high.

I can't see why the wages would rule him on the basis of what was reported above. This says that Real Betis total wage bill is currently £61.5 million which they have to reduce to £57. Whilst he may be their best paid player (?) the general level of wages paid will be well below ours this year.

https://golseville.com/real-betis/859/salary-cap-laliga/

• Like 1

Not really sure Carvalho is the player Norwich need. His performances have really slipped over the past few seasons (which is why Betis are pretty desperate to get rid) and he is someone who needs a more mobile, destructive player alongside him. His main strength now is his composure and ability to dictate tempo and play through a press. While he is positionally sound, he is slow and lost all his dynamism from 4/5 years back.

It is an exciting name, but maybe not a suitable fit for Norwich right now. 

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Of all the options we've been linked with so far, I think Mahdi Camara would be the best fit. Young and hungry (23), already the captain of Saint Etienne, very highly regarded by Claude Puel and loves a tackle.

Yeah, I’m in this camp too. I think Normann sounds too much like what we already have, a leans towards a box to box McClean type, more than a destroyer. Camara appears to be much more in the traditional screening DM who perhaps could help get the best out of Gilmour who could help move the ball on. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Not really sure Carvalho is the player Norwich need. His performances have really slipped over the past few seasons (which is why Betis are pretty desperate to get rid) and he is someone who needs a more mobile, destructive player alongside him. His main strength now is his composure and ability to dictate tempo and play through a press. While he is positionally sound, he is slow and lost all his dynamism from 4/5 years back.

It is an exciting name, but maybe not a suitable fit for Norwich right now. 

Spoil sport. We don't want knowledge, we want hype and I was loving buying into it with my heart and soul.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Agree but sadly he is the only one of the options we haven't been directly linked with...

1 hour ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

The Daily Fail fails daily.

Honestly, a 3 min scanning of the Web would have told them that we only want a DM and CB now!

But, then again ... when do they EVER prioritise accurate research and evidence based journalism over misinformed and lazy assumption?!

As often as the God awful Guardian ?

9 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Damn, Connor snuffing out that one too… 

Would suggest Normann is the mann they want.

57A6C069-1779-4E91-998C-09D5657C4F36.png

Tbf he once spent a day trashing the Lees Melou link only to have to correct himself...but yeah definitely Normann is the one they are pushing hardest for

2 hours ago, Norfolk Dan said:

By that measure Alex "talked about on here before it was Official" we will have a pretty good success rate! We talk....

Just don't think anyone has even pulled one out from ChampMan and said we must sign him and it comes to fruition. Our forum scouting needs a revamp, some new recruits....

Next time round I might keep a post updating with each offering of incoming our out going and see how accurate... Hmmm.. inaccurate we are!  

There’s another thread to start each season mate, ‘Predict the signings!’ 😉. I can’t actually recall anyone ever suggesting someone and it actually coming to fruition before?

1 hour ago, Badger said:

I remember it was mentioned way back on here that Webber allegedly told someone behind closed doors that if we made the signings we wanted to make this window then he believed it would be (something along the lines of) the most eye opening transfer window this club has ever seen (or words to that effect). I would say that William Carvalho joining the Webberlution would certainly fall into that bracket for sure. I guess it’s Sky Sports v Connor at the moment then, interesting that he hasn’t totally dismissed it just yet? (as far as I’ve seen to date that is).

I can't wait for us not to sign him, and this board to go crazy about us not signing a player we may not have even ever wanted.

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I remember it was mentioned way back on here that Webber allegedly told someone behind closed doors that if we made the signings we wanted to make this window then he believed it would be (something along the lines of) the most eye opening transfer window this club has ever seen (or words to that effect). I would say that William Carvalho joining the Webberlution would certainly fall into that bracket for sure. I guess it’s Sky Sports v Connor at the moment then, interesting that he hasn’t totally dismissed it just yet? (as far as I’ve seen to date that is).

When Webber did his NCFC interview at the start of the summer he told fans to be "excited" about the calibre of player they were going for

• Thanks 1

Just now, WSM said:

When Webber did his NCFC interview at the start of the summer he told fans to be "excited" about the calibre of player they were going for

That’s the one, WSM - cheers! 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WSM said:

I think also in one of the Pinkun Podcasts paddy said he had a conversation with a source at the club who said ‘hold onto your hats’ if they get their targets. However this was pre- Tzolis and Sargent, I think before LML too. 

50 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

There’s another thread to start each season mate, ‘Predict the signings!’ 😉. I can’t actually recall anyone ever suggesting someone and it actually coming to fruition before?

Oi - not having that. I predicted Harry Kane coming here on loan. I also predicted we'd sign Jordan Rhodes (the fact that I predicted it about 8 years before it actually happened is neither here nor there). 

Reckon a lot of us thought we'd have Gunn back, although probably not this soon.

Always thought Hanley would be a Norwich type signing too.