Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

Well it's taken us nearly 3 months to get to the bottom of the list of DMs. 

Farke could to worse than to pick Sorensen in that deep sitting position TODAY to see if that is a viable option.

• Like 1

We all have our opinions, but one thing is certain, the staff nowadays don’t do leaks to the press, unless it’s nearly done.

My thoughts are, we knew we needed CB and CDM months ago, and our philosophy is to get it done early, We don’t do existing deadline days, even after what has been said, Which makes me nervous.

Yes it has been said, but, no news of a CB and that’s very important, our crop is not good enough for this league.

Yes rumours of a few CDM’s but really surprised three games into the season, we are still focusing on the areas we should have focused on at the start, OK pleased with what we have done so far, but if we had those two areas filled, would be ecstatic.
But think we won’t get who ever the club or we would accept with this amount of time remaining, not saying it can’t be done, just saying it’s likely to be options to fill a gap, these two areas, need to be starters, not bench warmers.

The clock ticks, and most of us have our fingers crossed, this could be the best window I have witnessed in nearly 40 years if we get it right. Get it wrong and next season, we will be starting our journey back to the premier league, yes with a better squad, but this final push, could be the pinnacle for this club to push on.

I hope we get what is needed.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Farke could to worse than to pick Sorensen in that deep sitting position TODAY to see if that is a viable option.

The irony if we don't get one and Sorensen plays there and does really well 😆

2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Webber would be pleased to have that shield from criticism failing to get a proper DM if that were the case. 

Just now, WD40 said:

Webber would be pleased to have that shield from criticism failing to get a proper DM if that were the case. 

Not bothered about that if Sorensen does the job.

The criticism should then lie with Farke for not playing him there.

Don't forget Webber is guided by Farke and the coaching staff as to the positions that need covering and the type of player needed.

3 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Well yes the answer may have been in the building all along. Covid has prevented him taking part until Tuesday so he needs trying now.

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Onel off to Boro. Good move for him and them. Scott already making suggestions…

Guess that means Placheta is staying then as cover.

2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he got a loan as well, but the ongoing issue with his recovery might mean no one will take him on right now. With Rashica, Tzolis, Cantwell and Dowell there are plenty of options in those positions. Add in that Idah and Sargent can also both play there means it is a really crowded area. 

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he got a loan as well, but the ongoing issue with his recovery might mean no one will take him on right now. With Rashica, Tzolis, Cantwell and Dowell there are plenty of options in those positions. Add in that Idah and Sargent can also both play there means it is a really crowded area. 

Put like that you can see why Hernandez is off.

Didn't say loan so looks like goodbye Argos

56 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Tbf, he didn't say L-O-A-N, so.........

Good point - perhaps he was trying to say that Drinkwater should have been the ONLY signing we should have made in this transfer window. 🙂 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Put like that you can see why Hernandez is off.

Didn't say loan so looks like goodbye Argos

Dave Freezer is saying it’s a loan, but that is probably just because there isn’t much money around and clubs can’t afford too many permanent deals. Would be a surprise if he plays for Norwich again, even if the worst should happen this season. 

18 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Not bothered about that if Sorensen does the job.

The criticism should then lie with Farke for not playing him there.

Don't forget Webber is guided by Farke and the coaching staff as to the positions that need covering and the type of player needed.

Farke has said publicly a number of times the positions he needs.

It’s somewhat ironic, I think there was a lot of time spent on Ollie Skipp and the trying to get him back, which has delayed the CDM position. But no apparent reason why CB should not be done, makes me think that won’t happen.

31 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I agree. If he's a revelation, then we've got a starting CDM. If he struggles Webber knows he needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat in last few days. I feel we at least owe it to Sorenson to try him in the role we bought him for, against good opposition. That's the only way we'll know if he looks good enough.

6 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I agree. If he's a revelation, then we've got a starting CDM. If he struggles Webber knows he needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat in last few days. I feel we at least owe it to Sorenson to try him in the role we bought him for, against good opposition. That's the only way we'll know if he looks good enough.

Agreed...I could accept a CDM not being here in time for Liverpool and Man City as chances are we would have been beaten anyway...but not having one today now impacts our season and could cost points.

Not having one by 11pm on Tuesday seals our relegation sadly

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Haha 2

Eek just re-read my op about Drinkwater. I did say as a lone signing, so my mistake, but wasn't thinking about another loan, as I know we've used those two slots. I meant a short term permanent deal, like a one year contract. But its a big no!

Sorry to see Argos go. Guess he needs game time which he'll struggle with here. Prefer Argos over Placheta imo

7 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Dave Freezer is saying it’s a loan, but that is probably just because there isn’t much money around and clubs can’t afford too many permanent deals. Would be a surprise if he plays for Norwich again, even if the worst should happen this season. 

Agree. This is one of the least surprising moves for me. Anyone who has thrown an ice bucket over Farke in the celebrations for promotion has gone very quickly. Mo Leitner first time, Onel on the latest occasion. I recall Bentley doing it to Harry Rednapp famously to camera. Barely played another game for him.

I said to my son when I read the words "I know it was Onel Hernandez" a short while ago that it was Daniel's quiet code for "he's off if the opportunity arises"😅

Amusing or not it crosses a line I think (respect or something like that) and as a coach you never forget. Think Oliveira too. Then there was Bradley Johnson's shoulder lift at Wembley with wee Alex of course.

I'm sure it's a decent move for Onel though. Wonder if there is a massive Argos in Middlesborough to welcome him.

I seem to remember after Lees-Melou was signed we had a period of a few weeks where no one else was brought in, until Sargent and Tzolis. During that time, we seemed to be confirming outgoing loans and Thompson's contract was ended (loans and contract terminations have been happening all summer I know). 

Small loan fees coming in and a reduction in the monthly wage bill is very helpful. Norwich are always working with a tight budget so cutting costs is a constant operation. They've said they want better quality with less numbers. I wonder whether this extra bit of revenue / monthly wage budget will help when bringing the final pieces of the jigsaw in. I'm hopeful we will get at least the defensive midfielder. Hopefully a centre back as well. 

28 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Even if Hernandez leaves, I still don't think there's room for Placheta. We've got Rashica, Tzolis, Cantwell and Dowell in those areas, as well as Sargent or Idah in an emergency. 

Our squad is still pretty big so there's little space for either Hernandez or Placheta.

Jesus, open this thread this morning and see nothing but "we're doomed".

Looks like folks weren't allowed out last night or something. Our season will not be determined by one player. If we are reliant upon one CDM then we are stuffed anyway. Could be the best DM in the world. One injury or a suspension could cost us points if that's the belief. Folks need to get a grip... STILL.

Nobody else sad to see Onel go? He was one of the few to earn a little credit after the PL restarted and he clearly is a character who loves the club. I know he’s been with us for a few years so there’s probably not much room for improvement but he might have kicked on with new players around him.

But we’ll always have the first Cuban to play in the Premier League.

😢

0506935D-D1D1-4CE1-8B04-047B5F9A05E1.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Nobody else sad to see Onel go? He was one of the few to earn a little credit after the PL restarted and he clearly is a character who loves the club. I know he’s been with us for a few years so there’s probably not much room for improvement but he might have kicked on with new players around him.

But we’ll always have the first Cuban to play in the Premier League.

😢

I'm certainly sad to see him go, but that's only thinking with the heart rather than the head. He's been a cult hero and will always be very fondly remembered here, but unfortunately he isn't quite at the level we need him to be.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Even if Hernandez leaves, I still don't think there's room for Placheta. We've got Rashica, Tzolis, Cantwell and Dowell in those areas, as well as Sargent or Idah in an emergency. 

Our squad is still pretty big so there's little space for either Hernandez or Placheta.

Farke has said two players for each MF position too. Might be that they decide next summer on Placheta/Hernandez in terms of permanent deals.

I feel a little for Onel, clearly has his heart and head in the right place and until Rashica and Tzolis, remained to be our best out and out winger and pretty much the only player that possessed that "power" and "pace". On his day he can turn a game, doesn't mind getting stuck in and brings an energy to the side. As Farke said when he arrived, if he scored more goals he'd be playing for Barcelona. His final ball and finishing is the only thing that has stopped him from being in contention for this level really.

He's popular behind the scenes, even with Farke, so I hope the squad still has enough characters with that positivity to help carry them over the line.

6 minutes ago, chicken said:

Jesus, open this thread this morning and see nothing but "we're doomed".

Looks like folks weren't allowed out last night or something. Our season will not be determined by one player. If we are reliant upon one CDM then we are stuffed anyway. Could be the best DM in the world. One injury or a suspension could cost us points if that's the belief. Folks need to get a grip... STILL.

I could see why you would think that...afterall you see no difference in physique between Gilmour and Skipp so you probably think we're already well covered

17 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not having one by 11pm on Tuesday seals our relegation sadly

Whilst I would like to sign another defensively minded midfielder, I think that this is a bit over the top.