Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

People keep mentioning Sorensen but not one person has picked him to play against Leicester in that thread. 

Technically he's a better footballer than all of them but right now we need a Beach Buggy not a Rolls Royce. 

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

People keep mentioning Sorensen but not one person has picked him to play against Leicester in that thread. 

Technically he's a better footballer than all of them but right now we need a Beach Buggy not a Rolls Royce. 

Sorenson isn't technically better than Gilmour, not by distance. Sorenson has a good passing range, but Gilmour's is exceptional.

3 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Apparently Fulham are in for Carvalho too now ...

Can't see him dropping down to the Chump. Wouldn't help his international career.

2 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Apparently Fulham are in for Carvalho too now ...

Well there we go, isn’t sort of obvious? Bettis want him gone and are using our enquiry to try panic Fulham into getting it done.

5 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Well there we go, isn’t sort of obvious? Bettis want him gone and are using our enquiry to try panic Fulham into getting it done.

Or using Fulham's interest to panic Norwich? Or just stirring up interest to get anyone to bite.

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Or using Fulham's interest to panic Norwich? Or just stirring up interest to get anyone to bite.

Yeah, whichever way round it is, the one thing that seems clear is Bettis are desperate to have him gone and are running out of time. 

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can't see him dropping down to the Chump. Wouldn't help his international career.

He is already out of the Portugal team. He was taken off after an hour against Germany with a pretty awful performance and that looks like it will be his last appearance. 

Fulham's manager was Carvalho's at Sporting, so there is an obvious link. 

5 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It's almost like we're in the final stages of a transfer window 🤣.

Who is trying to spook who???

Norwich using Williams to get Normann? Betis using Norwich to trigger Fulham? Betis using Fulham to trigger Norwich??? 🤪

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

He is already out of the Portugal team. He was taken off after an hour against Germany with a pretty awful performance and that looks like it will be his last appearance. 

Fulham's manager was Carvalho's at Sporting, so there is an obvious link. 

Hmm didn't realise that.

London a bit more pulling power as well. 

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hmm didn't realise that.

London a bit more pulling power as well. 

He isn't going to want to move from Europa League Betis to Championship side Fulham, as much as they look set for another promotion

Maybe the Champs is now his level?  I’ve no idea - he was a very good player in his day, and is ‘only’ 29 (I think) so you’d think he has a number of years left in him.

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Maybe the Champs is now his level?  

No, the money Fulham can pay him is his level.

Rather let Sörensen have a start over Carvalho to be honest. And the only reason I didn't put him in the Leicester line-up is because Gilmour's here on loan, and IIRC if he plays every available league game for us, we have a lower loan fee to pay. So - assuming that is true - it stands to reason that Lungi might not get the gig.

1 minute ago, WSM said:

He isn't going to want to move from Europa League Betis to Championship side Fulham, as much as they look set for another promotion

He's dropped to 3rd/4th choice at Betis so is keen to leave, with no firm offers on the table I wouldn't be surprised if he did rock up at Fulham, especially under a former manager he knows well. 

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He's dropped to 3rd/4th choice at Betis so is keen to leave, with no firm offers on the table I wouldn't be surprised if he did rock up at Fulham, especially under a former manager he knows well. 

Yep, Fulham are a well known name, London based, as likely to be a Prem side next season as we'll be a Championship one, have a lot more money to throw at his feet and have a very familiar face in the manager's office for reassurance. 

A move to west London is certainly a possibility.

He will go where he can get the most money - it's very unusual for a footballer to choose otherwise. That will be Fulham over us, and I think we'll have dodged another bullet.

19 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Yep, Fulham are a well known name, London based, as likely to be a Prem side next season as we'll be a Championship one, have a lot more money to throw at his feet and have a very familiar face in the manager's office for reassurance. 

That’s the spirit

27 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

I'd prefer to phrase that as likely to be a Premier League team next season as we are. Same message, just not quite a defeatist?

36 minutes ago, WSM said:

You would like to think he's has a bit more ambition than that, and a bit more ability than the Champ. It would be a nice little earner, with a promotion bonus and higher wages next season.

Long way to go yet.

11 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

The twitter ITK person (SexyBennett) just tweeted NCFC all in for Normann. 

I'm a bit late to the party with this one but can someone tell me what Normann will bring, I thought he was another box-to-box mid and NOT a DM...

Don't think you have to be 'ITK' to work that out. 

I think it was more about ruling out Carvalho than talking up Normann.

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

I'm a bit late to the party with this one but can someone tell me what Normann will bring, I thought he was another box-to-box mid and NOT a DM...

Good analysis here; https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/mathias-normann-2020-21-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Basically, he is good at a bit of everything, but isn't a player that will just sit deep and screen a la Skipp. But that never seems to be the profile of player Norwich have been looking for (Billing and Carvalho aren't that player either).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

The videos I've seen show him to be a dribbling midfielder who gets in the opposition box. 

It doesn't feel entirely joined up at the moment and still leaves us without a ball winning midfielder, which Farke says he needs, along with everyone else on this forum.

4 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

I think it was more about ruling out Carvalho than talking up Normann.

Has SexyBennett ever got any scoop that wasn't widely known elsewhere? 

I'm not jealous that they've not accepted my follow request at all, of course... 

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The videos I've seen show him to be a dribbling midfielder who gets in the opposition box. 

It doesn't feel entirely joined up at the moment and still leaves us without a ball winning midfielder, which Farke says he needs, along with everyone else on this forum.

Farke has never said ball winning midfielder, he has just talked about a defensive midfielder these two things are not necessarily the same.

Gilmour and Skipp are both 'defensive midfielders' but are very different players. It seems the system Norwich are going to use will be the two box-to-box players (McLean and PLM) will be expected to do most of the ball winning. That is what Normann does for Rostov, he wins tackles all over the pitch, and has one of the highest rate of interceptions for any central midfielder in Europe. Whether he can translate that from the Russian league is the issue.

12 minutes ago, Evil Monkey said:

Has SexyBennett ever got any scoop that wasn't widely known elsewhere? 

I'm not jealous that they've not accepted my follow request at all, of course... 

They accepted mine, and then blocked me! But I thought that was my controversial take on second wave feminism and trans rights.