Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

8 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

We've signed TWO strong pacey wingers this transfer window. What planet are you living on? 

And Sissoko isn't that pacey anymore. He'll still cover the ground with those huge strides of his... weirdly though, he is in many ways not that different to Carvalho, though with more attacking nous perhaps.

Looking at DF's comments today and with just over 100 hours  left in the transfer window, i think the realisation that City may not possibly get that final elusive DM they seek is for sure in the back of my mind. Of course Daniel  once again said  how much he trusts SW in getting business done, but using words like 'perhaps' and 'maybe' kind of feels like ok yea, City will try their all until the very final minute to get a guy signed but that it just didnt happen..hope thats not the end scenario  but the clock ticks fast in these final hours.

That said i still think we have done very good business overall and nobody can ever question SW and his team about how much work and effort they do in  the buys and sells in this transfer window.

14 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

They didn't rest them for very long - just looked up the game. Ronaldo came on in the 22nd minute, Rooney came on in the 45th minute and Van Nistelrooy came on in the 63rd minute.

Farke knows about this game - that's why he doesn't make early substitutions. 😉 

Yeah, I remembered it quite well actually! I think Saha got injured early?

12 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Yeah, I remembered it quite well actually! I think Saha got injured early?

Yes - Ronaldo came on for Saha. 

Seems to have gone really quiet on a new centre back as well. I'll be more than nervous if the only improvement to our defensive capability is Williams.

The window hasn't closed yet so still time to get those elusive signings to complete the jigsaw and give us a real shout at staying up.

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Isn't Real Betis next to/in Seville?

Carvahlo on the way!?

Am I missing something? Doesn't say it's going to Norwich. 

37 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Isn't Real Betis next to/in Seville?

Carvahlo on the way!?

Real Betis is in Seville

32 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Am I missing something? Doesn't say it's going to Norwich. 

It's landing in Paris

43 minutes ago, Badger said:

Any ideas?

Some trolling by Darren Eadie on that thread 🤣

image.png.1ba073468e1cfff7280f105ab672f5af.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Any ideas?

There are hundreds of private planes that land in the U.K. on a daily basis. Why he’s picked a random one that’s nowhere near England and equated that as something to do with the club is weird. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Can't work out if this is a good signing or not... £5m seems a good price, but Sissoko hasn't really been good for a while, certainly feels like a backwards step from Will Hughes.

I can't say that I agree with this. Sissoko is an excellent signing for a team who have just come up. He adds so much experience.  Will Hughes is nowhere near the same level. Sissoko has a CV thah Will Hughes could only dream of. 

Edited by Alex

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

I can't say that I agree with this. Sissoko is an excellent signing for a team who have just come up. He adds so much experience.  Will Hughes is nowhere near the same level. Sissoko has a CV thah Will Hughes could only dream of. 

I never got the fascination with Hughes, he's utter crap 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I never got the fascination with Hughes, he's utter crap 🤷‍♂️

I am the same, I have never really rated him much. 

https://www.footballcritic.com/top-players/defensive-midfielders

This list of central midfielders is interesting. I know most of these players if not all of them are probably out of our reach but does anyone think that there are any attainable targets on here if neither Normann or Carvalho don’t work out? Tyler Adams perhaps. Get that American link up with Sargent in the squad?

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

Fair to say if we had just signed Sissoko everybody on here would be creaming their underwear about how we signed one of the best midfielders in the Prem 😉

5 hours ago, Norfolk Dan said:

I'm firmly against sporting integrity. I'm looking to sell the space on my ar5e for Talk S&+£ sponsorship... 

I think uncle Freddo has more  space availble than most, and he's such a slattern he'd sell his ar5e for an xlarge portion of Scampi.

3 hours ago, All the Germans said:

I remember him being on the bench with Rooney (and Scholes I think?) and coming on when we played them under Worthy when we beat them 2-0. At that time Rooney was seen as the better prospect...

I remember him chasing Huckerby and not catching up with him.

Apparently Normann went off injured today. Dislocated shoulder. Not sure how long they take to mend, presumably not that long?

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Apparently Normann went off injured today. Dislocated shoulder. Not sure how long they take to mend, presumably not that long?

About 3 months to fully recover. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Damaged goods then. Should be good for at least 25% off.

7 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Sounds like that particular deal is a non runner then!

8 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Really? Mumba had a dislocated knee which must be worse. 

Just now, WD40 said:

It really depends as often a dislocation goes hand in hand with ligament damage, they were quite unclear about Mumba and it could be his patella which can pop out and then back in (that’s a whole other conversation on the pros and cons of that).

If he’s done that to his shoulder he will be lucky to be moving it properly anytime in the next 3 weeks, let along ready to fall on it or go shoulder to shoulder. That is seriously bad news if he’s who we need before October/November.

9 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Martin Olsson used to dislocate his shoulder, have it popped back in and then carry on playing. 

Normann is still expected to link up with Norway next week. 

5 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Recovery time

You can stop wearing the sling after a few days, but it takes about 12 to 16 weeks to completely recover from a dislocated shoulder.

You'll usually be able to resume most activities within 2 weeks, but should avoid heavy lifting and sports involving shoulder movements for between 6 weeks and 3 months. Your care team will advise you.

You'll probably be off work for 2 to 4 weeks, or longer, if you have a physical job. Discuss this with your care team.

If you've also broken your arm or shoulder joint, you may need to wear your sling for up to 6 weeks and recovery will take longer.