Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Norwich 610732... 610732...

(we actually rang that number when we were tipsy one night... sad to report it's now discontinued)

So what you're saying is you actually did call....call...call...carpet call...call...call?

1 minute ago, birchfest said:

He’s here.

Bit behind aren't you? Were you watching on dodgy stream? 😁

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

So what you're saying is you actually did call....call...call...carpet call...call...call?

I did... did... did...

8 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Bloody hell turned up in your house, or something?

Yeah smashing plates and all the stereotypes!

Just now, birchfest said:

Did he offer you some Ouzo?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Personally, I preferred the ASDA spotting days to all this private jet swanky stuff.

Yeah doesn't feel right little ol Norwich using fancy private jets to bring our new signings in 🤷🏻‍♂️😆

1 hour ago, birchfest said:

😁

One thing I don't get is why he came in a plane when - with the right atmospheric ingredients - he could have spanakopita

I Wonder now we have the Greek Wonderkid  signing done Todd may move ?                                                                                                       i have a feeling that Webber wanted a Replacement in First before he allowed anything to happen on todd front 

4 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I Wonder now we have the Greek Wonderkid  signing done Todd may move ?                                                                                                       i have a feeling that Webber wanted a Replacement in First before he allowed anything to happen on todd front 

I'm sure I saw comments saying we were looking to invest and keep Todd. Certainly in a better position if he does go but we need to keep him if we want to stay up really

14 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Any update on your earlier info Norfolk? The belief being that two of the three were leaving? 

26 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I hope this is not true!

26 minutes ago, AJ said:

I'm sure I saw comments saying we were looking to invest and keep Todd. Certainly in a better position if he does go but we need to keep him if we want to stay up really

Do you know if Webber said this about Todd or was it just an opinion on here, AJ?

Something along these lines did occur to me, too, with Todd - everything has certainly gone very quiet from Villa, and whether that’s because they’ve really gone away or just given us space to get things done, time will tell…hopefully it’s the former.  

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Do you know if Webber said this about Todd or was it just an opinion on here, AJ?

I can’t say I’ve seen everything everybody at the club has said about transfers, but the only relevant comments I can remember are that if clubs wanted to buy any of our stars they would cost at least 30 million each, and that now we are in a position where we don’t need to seek anyone else to complete our planned remaining summer dealings.

As a matter of opinion I believe they want to hold onto Cantwell, even with the arrival of Tzolis, and that if one more star went they would prefer it was Aarons. But for either to go some club will have to bid more than they want to for either, which is why I suspect we will keep both this summer.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I can’t say I’ve seen everything everybody at the club has said about transfers, but the only relevant comments I can remember are that if clubs wanted to buy any of our stars they would cost at least 30 million each, and that now we are in a position where we don’t need to seek anyone else to complete our planned remaining summer dealings.

As a matter of opinion I believe they want to hold onto Cantwell, even with the arrival of Tzolis, and that if one more star went they would prefer it was Aarons. But for either to go some club will have to bid more than they want to for either, which is why I suspect we will keep both this summer.

I googled todd cantwell transfer and it took me to Birmingham live, a lot of villa fans are quite complimentary about Todd and would feel for us losing a top player as they know how it feels after losing grealish. Some say 40m is far too much tho which I disagree with

9 minutes ago, chicken said:

Whoop whoop it's the sound of the Tzolis... 

I'll get my hat... 

Any KRS One based chant is a goer in my book

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

Any update on your earlier info Norfolk? The belief being that two of the three were leaving? 

Hi No Nothing new , i still think it will happen 

Like i said at the Time we were going to sign players and most had agree terms etc and we were going to spend Emi Money 

Like Gunn said after he signed he knew he was coming here some time ago 

My Personal view is villa have said to Norwich how much for Todd we said around 40 mil they said if Grealish goes we have a deal

Todds Agent would say how much he wants and if he wants to go 

if a Player does not want to go no point spending weeks and meeting with Norwich over a Fee 

When i was told i honestly thought it was Max 

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Hi No Nothing new , i still think it will happen 

Like i said at the Time we were going to sign players and most had agree terms etc and we were going to spend Emi Money 

Like Gunn said after he signed he knew he was coming here some time ago 

My Personal view is villa have said to Norwich how much for Todd we said around 40 mil they said if Grealish goes we have a deal

Todds Agent would say how much he wants and if he wants to go 

if a Player does not want to go no point spending weeks and meeting with Norwich over a Fee 

When i was told i honestly thought it was Max 

Thanks NnG.

I know that you've been reliable in the past and you faithfully report what you've been told (without saying anything that could implicate your source).

For that reason, I was worried by the news on signings that seem to strengthen the left and central attacking midfield. 

I just hope that this time things have changed and what seemed likely "falls through." I find solace in stories of Pritchard turning around on the M25, and hope something similar happens!

Edited by Badger
Corrected punctuation