Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Have we finally given up on Shola Ameobi?

I thinkĀ  Shola Ameobi has given up on Shola AmeobiĀ 

5 minutes ago, ABC (A Basingstoke Canary) said:

Is Maria his agent or GF? Either way, based on her tweets, she seems to be in the knowĀ Ā 

I don't think the club will be so happy with her comms.

2 hours ago, Badger said:

I find solace in stories of Pritchard turning around on the M25,

Yes, that went well......

8 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Yes, that went well......

It went well for us. We got a decent player (I will give you his time out injured wasnā€™t a plus), and then we sold him for more than we paid. Whatā€™s the problem?

What are we thinkingā€¦ 9am.. 10.. 1pm?Ā 
Ā 

I guess with theĀ prestige of being our new record signing they are going all out with the media preparation, the videos etc. I do wonder how that will work though if heā€™s meant to be in quarantine, or not as the case might turn out to be? In the off chance he is double jabbed he could get right to it!

Edited by birchfest

3 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Ā 

I guess with theĀ prestige of being our new record signing they are going all out with the media preparation, the videos etc. I do wonder how that will work though if heā€™s meant to be in quarantine, or not as the case might turn out to be? In the off chance he is double jabbed he could get right to it!

11 o clock in line with the Messi press conference šŸ˜

3 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Ā 

An interview through the window into his hotel room where he is isolating?

I suspect the announcement will be a bit like the PLM and Rashica ones, him doing a "hello" video into his own phone - might at least be able to hold a shirt I suppose.Ā 

16 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

An interview through the window into his hotel room where he is isolating?

I suspect the announcement will be a bit like the PLM and Rashica ones, him doing a "hello" video into his own phone - might at least be able to hold a shirt I suppose.Ā 

Maybe they can get him a room at the Carrow Road holiday inn and get him to do it next to the window.. almost on the pitch with a shirt!

Ā 

Does beg the question how they conducted the medical? Surprised it wasnā€™t done in Greece, just making me think there might be some way theyā€™ve managed to sort the quarantine out?Ā 

Edited by birchfest

I see Spurs are trying to sign Denis Zakaria, a CDM from Borussia Monchengladbach. Might raise the possibility of re-signing Skipp if they get him. Iā€™ve heard whispers that Ndombele is unhappy there but theyā€™re different kinds of players so I wouldnā€™t of thought he would be a replacement for him.Ā 

20 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Does beg the question how they conducted the medical? Surprised it wasnā€™t done in Greece, just making me think there might be some way theyā€™ve managed to sort the quarantine out?Ā 

That's exactly what I was thinking. These reports seems to worded as if he flew to the UK and then had his medical, which would imply he doesn't have to quarantine.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. These reports seems to worded as if he flew to the UK and then had his medical, which would imply he doesn't have to quarantine.Ā 

I read it as when he gave the interview to the Greek journalist in the airport he said he had already completed the medical. I would be surprised if it hadn't been done a couple of days ago afterĀ Norwich and PAOK agreed in principle on the deal.

He could be double jabbed of course and not have to isolate, just that seems unlikely.Ā Ā 

5 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I read it as when he gave the interview to the Greek journalist in the airport he said he had already completed the medical. I would be surprised if it hadn't been done a couple of days ago afterĀ Norwich and PAOK agreed in principle on the deal.

He could be double jabbed of course and not have to isolate, just that seems unlikely.Ā Ā 

Someone mentioned that a lot of the Greek jabs were the one shot jabs (the Johnson&Johnson ones I assume), if he's had that then I guess he is classified as double jabbed?

8 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Someone mentioned that a lot of the Greek jabs were the one shot jabs (the Johnson&Johnson ones I assume), if he's had that then I guess he is classified as double jabbed?

Yeah ,this is what my Greek friend has had.Ā 

56 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Interesting, the J&J jab is rolled out in fairly low numbers in every country I've seen so far, although actual numbers are hard to find.Ā 

He'll have needed to have it at least 14 days before entry, but if it is readily available in Greece then he may have had it and will have no need to isolate. Won't be long until we find out for definite though.

55 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Does this mean we might see him come off the bench against Liverpool?šŸ¤žĀ 

I honestly think the *potential* of a forward line consisting of Tzolis, Pukki, Rashica and Cantwell is the most mouthwatering front 4 I can remember at City. On paper, those 4 could hurt anyone in this league. A strong CDM is key now, and I like the thought that now we have Sargent and Tzolis over the line, not only can Webber etcĀ focus solely on putting all theirĀ time and effortĀ into signing that crucial CDM, but that we may now be a bit more appealing to any ambitious playerĀ who was waiting to see what signings we made before committing to pen and paper. Put it this way, I donā€™t think it can hurt anyway!

I hope he's not having to isolate - but because there's been no photos/press/standard filmed tour of the facilities yet, I expect he's having to hole up for a while.Ā 

Yeah might be able to make the bench but I doubt it tbh

Edited by WSM

4 minutes ago, WSM said:

Yeah might be able to make the bench but I doubt it tbh

But then said he hadnā€™t. Scroll down, pal.Ā 

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

She's a reporter for the Greek sports site that broke the news of his transfer.Ā 

We do seem to know a lot from her - heā€™s passed his medical, will wear no18 and we want him for Saturday. Ā I guess heā€™s match-fit having been used by his club recently, so who knows?!

3 minutes ago, WD40 said:

But then said he hadnā€™t. Scroll down, pal.Ā 

hahah yeah I had to edit the post as realised I'd been mugged off!Ā šŸ˜…

That prolific ITK Twitter account saying he failed his medical, seems highly unlikely and quite surprised to see them on the wind up like that. Cue a melt down now until heā€™s announced.

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

We do seem to know a lot from her - heā€™s passed his medical, will wear no18 and we want him for Saturday. Ā I guess heā€™s match-fit having been used by his club recently, so who knows?!

Would be shocked if he starts, but with 9 subs on the bench he'll almost certainly be there is seems.

I'd like to share aĀ souvlakiĀ with MariaĀ .... to discuss football, and the player. of course. Starting with the fact that it would be perfectly ridiculous to throw Ā the youngster in at the deep end in such a way on Saturday, given the week he must have had.

I wonder whatā€™s taking so long with the Tzolis announcement. Sargent landed late afternoon in Norwich and was announced at 8.30 the same evening. Maybe theyā€™re waiting on another player so doubleĀ announcement maybe šŸ‘€Ā 

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

I'd like to share aĀ souvlakiĀ with MariaĀ .... to discuss football, and the player. of course. Starting with the fact that it would be perfectly ridiculous to throw Ā the youngster in at the deep end in such a way on Saturday, given the week he must have had.

She is quoting the PAOK manager who said those exact words at a press conference today...