Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

I think with Byram what we all need to remember is that there is absolutely NO way we would have been able to buy him for 750k had he NOT been so injury prone in the past. I remember him being at Leeds and there was loads of hype about him. I think West Ham forked out a fair few quid for his services. 

Look. He's a brilliant player when fit and even kept Jamal out of the left hand side. Which is pretty impressive considering he's an RB. 

He's doing individual work at the moment and this can only be a good sign. I know it's tempting to write him off due to his injury history but I think we could be pleasantly surprised. And if we can keep him fit then we have an excellent player for that position. We shouldn't rely on that but hey... We don't even know if we'll need to yet. Everyone on here is just making assumptions based on things Webber said and heresay. It could be that our three most "saleable" assets are all still here come the start of the season. And I for one wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. 

After Emi I'm going to get irrationally excited every time we're linked with a South American attacking player. I know nothing about the Columbian winger we're linked to but bring him in!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WD40 said:

The phrase 'farmer's league' is bandied about but I can't believe some of those players weren't wearing denim overalls...

Funny how people said the same about Emi when he joined us 😉

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Bet you can't find a single post referring to Emi playing in a farmers league or similar.

• Haha 1

On 26/05/2021 at 08:54, Terminally Yellow said:

Today’s Athletic piece is very interesting. The summary below...

• Norwich believed to have £30m to spend before sales and after £15m spent on Gibson and Dimi
  • Targeting a left back, left centre half, two central midfielders and a winger who can play as striker
  • Claims Josh Martin might be sold if the right deal came along, with Stiepermann, Placheta, Hugill and Onel
  • Nyland expected to move on this summer, still a way to go on that one though
  • Josh King is a target but is believed to be a target also for Eddie Howe when he finally takes the Celtic job
  • Credits us with an interest in taking one of Amad, Brandon Williams or James Garner on loan

It seems - one never knows in football - that Howe is not getting the Celtic job.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

It seems - one never knows in football - that Howe is not getting the Celtic job.

Holding out for Palace, Purple? 

14 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-transfer-rumours-santiago-montero-8013672

Seems Emi's successor is on the way.. And he's pure grade A Colombian my friend 🇨🇴

I suspected that the South American market may well be where we see one or two come from this summer, of course this is just a rumour but with the success of Buendia there must be some absolutely brilliant prospects out there ready to unearth. How long have we got until the window opens? Would love to see us sign someone early on who makes our current players think ‘this is good to see, we mean business this time around’.

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Holding out for Palace, Purple? 

Such cynicism! Dyche has been linked with the Palace job, and so Burnley might be available, for a second bash at that, or perhaps he fancies Bournemouth again...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don’t think they did. He had decent pedigree at the youth level, he just shone during a loan spell in the lower Spanish league. 

22 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

After Emi I'm going to get irrationally excited every time we're linked with a South American attacking player. I know nothing about the Columbian winger we're linked to but bring him in!

Ditto. Got to love a South American street footballer. 

Sky sports transfer centre, so probably complete rubbish, but takes focus of Emi. They couldn't afford him and one of these? 

image.png.05c0a487d4c3c5eef6903267563e210c.png

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Sky sports transfer centre, so probably complete rubbish, but takes focus of Emi. They couldn't afford him and one of these? 

The Athletic claim they've made Odegaard their no. 1 target too. Sounds hopeful. 

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

Man City won’t sell Mahrez. He’s one of their most underestimated game changers. And Sterling’s just had a quieter season, not a bad one.

2 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

SW  needs to get his finger out . There won’t be any players left to sign as Arsenal are in for everyone!

Koln won 5-1 to stay in the Bundesliga, which means Sebastiaan Bornauw isn't relegated. Not sure how keen we were on him, but probably doesn't help us much.

A few names mentioned on the pinkun today! Id say the buyout clause alone with Dike would put him out of our price range also seems a similar style to Hugill, though an upgrade. The spanish winger is a bit more of an interesting one, would be about the right price for us and what we are looking for.

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Don't see Dike joining us just to be benched by Pukki

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hear what you’re saying, CC, but anyone we sign must be good enough to compete with Pukki, we already have enough bench warmers. Not sure if we’d pay the money but the profile fits perfectly - physically strong, technically good, great age. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I  don't see him joining because it would require the £18 million buy out fee.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

I doubt they could attract either Sterling or Mahrez, could they? 

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would Dike be a regular starter for any Premier League side? I think he'd initially be a squad player wherever he'd go (in the Premier League). I can't see us spending anywhere near £18m on a targetman this summer, though.

Also, the press in Spain and Italy are saying that Atletico Madrid have made Rodrigo De Paul their main target. He's a similar(ish) type of player to Buendia and a regular starter for Argentina, so hopefully that one comes off. The opening bid was apparently £20m plus a player which has been rejected, so maybe that's a sign that aren't prepared to go big with a cash offer?

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Literally no chance Sterling or Mahrez go to Arsenal 😂😂

I don't see why not other than the issue of wages 

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I don't see why not other than the issue of wages 

Would either of those two be prepared to go to a team that isn't even playing in Europe and needs a major overhaul before it can even think about mounting a challenge for Champions League qualification? I wouldn't have thought so, personally.