Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Celebration Match Thread v Bournemouth*****

So before the match we were 8 points clear of Watford with 5 to play. Now we are 8 points ahead with 4 to play. Hey Presto we are in a stronger position for the title than before KO.

• Like 1

The joy of building up such a commanding lead is it allows us to shrug our shoulders and move on when nights like this happen. Congratulations Bournemouth. You won the battle. We'll clearly win the war. Attention turns to Watford where now we put ourselves firmly in the driving seat for the title with a win. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

He said that Kenny McLean might change his mind if he saw it again.

apologies

1 minute ago, Crafty Canary said:

So before the match we were 8 points clear of Watford with 5 to play. Now we are 8 points ahead with 4 to play. Hey Presto we are in a stronger position for the title than before KO.

But we go into the match following a defeat- and not a long unbeaten run @ home. 

Well incredibly frustrating as they barely got a touch of the ball in the first 15 minutes and a bizarre straight red has totally ruined it. But if you’re going to have an awful referee decision, it’s best to have it when you’re already promoted!!

Nothing changes after that to be honest, including my utter hatred of that turd of a club, I hope whoever gets Bournemouth in the play offs gives them an utter spanking. 

We already had injuries in defence before tonight.  Hanley nearly came off in the first half.  Pukki went off and had ice on his leg etc etc.  The other key factor is that we were already promoted before kick off.  Promotion was the sole aim this season. 

We went into the game with the aim of winning it.  However, once the ref had decided he wanted to ruin the contest and with Bournemouth's cheating, I think the team and Farke realised that there would be little to be gained in going balls out, to try and get something from the game.  It's been a long, unprecedented and hectic season and risking an injury or indeed another red from a shocking bit of refereeing or cheating from Bournemouth, with 4 games still remaining just wasn't worth it.

Log it in the back of your mind as another Tranmere away (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8583167.stm ) and just enjoy the promotion! 

Edited by norfolkbroadslim

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Nothing changes after that to be honest, including my utter hatred of that turd of a club, I hope whoever gets Bournemouth in the play offs gives them an utter spanking. 

Be good to see Brentford or Barnsley come up with us. 

Woodgate is a complete tozzer - confirmed.

”who knows what would have happened 11 v 11?”

I think we know full well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know it shouldn;t do but that game has really taken the shine off today for me. So frustrating. Cheating ref. Odious opposition who I hope fail miserably for the rest of the season. The biggest bunch of cheats we have played. Just so annoying.

26 minutes ago, Canary1 said:

I would suggest the fan saying he’s as good as De Bruyne is a troll. 

Fair enough.  I'm still not convinced Emi's reached his ceiling yet though, with us (fingers crossed), or in his career.

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I know it shouldn;t do but that game has really taken the shine off today for me. So frustrating. Cheating ref. Odious opposition who I hope fail miserably for the rest of the season. The biggest bunch of cheats we have played. Just so annoying.

Completely agree Jim, feel the same as you. If **** had beaten us fair n square, fair enough you take it on the chin, but they and the ref have fcked us over with blatent cheating and poor decisions. A great day spoiled.

16 minutes ago, unique said:

Unbelievable

11 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Sums it up for me too. Will be alright though. Just annoying we’ve got another bunch of utter ****houses in Watford next...

Anyone still watching the celebrations? No one seems happier than Aarons......... Staying another season? 

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Anyone still watching the celebrations? No one seems happier than Aarons......... Staying another season? 

Looking good isn’t it, let’s hope they all stay 

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Adam Idah just did a live video on Instagram; Kenny McLean dry humping thin air in his pants with a bottle of beer in his hand makes me think he's the happiest!

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Haha 1

That referee has really pissed me off. First game I've been able to watch all season, here in Toronto it was a proper 3:00pm Saturday kick-off, and we were looking to annahalate them after Emi's goal and total posession of the ball until that ridiculous decision. Watford lost v Luton cos they weren't good enough. We lost to Bournemouth cos the Ref ****ed up. Gap is the same with 1 less game to play, and we're already promoted, they're not. I'm looking forward to that game against Watford - reminds me a bit of the 3-1 away to Leeds last time we won the Championship.

36 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

where now we put ourselves firmly in the driving seat for the title with a win. 

If we beat Watford then we win the title. We need to win 5 more points ir Watford to drop 5. If we win, we gain 3 and Watford drop 3 = total 6.

Just had look at Bournemouth forum. They are disgusted at Pearson rolling round all the time and committing fouls and getting away with it. If I remember right when he was with Preston he was winding city players up.Utter ****

12 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

Just had look at Bournemouth forum. They are disgusted at Pearson rolling round all the time and committing fouls and getting away with it. If I remember right when he was with Preston he was winding city players up.Utter ****

Apparently he picked up 14 yellows 3 red cards in 2019. Odious little turd. 

Jim spot on. That first 17 mins 11 v 11 was incredible. If you lose you want it to be fair and square. Farke refused to discuss the ref tho' did say he ruined the game. End of the day we are up, its very irritating to lose tonight but we have done the important bit. 3 players needed and 17th + may be on!

52 minutes ago, unique said:

First time I’d seen him interviewed as a manager and there’s not a lot up top there.

Pound shop Tim Sherwood comes to mind.

1 hour ago, Crafty Canary said:

gives a toss either way?! Hopefully we smash them and take the title anyway!

One of the most rubbish match reports ever from the BBC. 3rd goal arguably shouldn’t have stood? It was a yard offside in the buildup. Scandal. I’ll be cheering on all other promoted teams  

Norwich City 1-3 Bournemouth: Danjuma & Kelly strikes help beat promoted Canaries