Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Celebration Match Thread v Bournemouth*****

6 hours ago, Peanuts said:

First time I’d seen him interviewed as a manager and there’s not a lot up top there.

Pound shop Tim Sherwood comes to mind.

If memory serves Woodgate was a sick note footballer who seemed to always have an issue or two . 
his carefully rehearsed “they lost 2 players we lost 11” was slightly mocked by the comms team- Woodgate has still got a massively highly paid squad that should be running away with the league . Solanke alone prob earns double what our players earn.

Odious 

9 hours ago, kick it off said:

If we beat Watford then we win the title. We need to win 5 more points ir Watford to drop 5. If we win, we gain 3 and Watford drop 3 = total 6.

Not sure that's the case. We're on 90. Watford 82. A win takes us to 93 with 12 points left to play for. If Watford win all, they end with 94. If we lose all, we end with 93? 

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Not sure that's the case. We're on 90. Watford 82. A win takes us to 93 with 12 points left to play for. If Watford win all, they end with 94. If we lose all, we end with 93? 

Both teams have 4 games left. If we beat Watford they will be 11 points behind with only 3 games left to play, a max of 9 points.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Both teams have 4 games left. If we beat Watford they will be 11 points behind with only 3 games left to play, a max of 9 points.

Ahh. I Ithought there were 5 left. 

Perhaps a bit mad, but is there an upside to this?

I thought it was going to be another 7-0, we were sublime until the sending off. BUT we won't be steamrollering teams like this in the PL. We were so gobsmacked by the sending off we let it affect our game - & that is a cardinal sin. We will meet teams who will be steamrollering us for periods in a game, & we have to show the grit & determination to knuckle down & get past it. I thought our character was a little bit wanting last night.

Danjuma was on excellent form last night & will be the sort of player we must expect to encounter next season. We found it difficult to cope with him, & indeed their whole attack last night. So perhaps a salutary & sobering lesson, which I fully expect Daniel & the players to take on board. 

It was of course a real shame for Dimi, he really is starting to integrate into the team & become part of our wonderful footballing style. Placheta on the other hand I was a bit disappointed with; after an initial burst ne started to walk about when he should have been charging about & closing down in the way that Todd, Emi & Teemu do. It may be a confidence issue because I don't think he's a lazy player.

On to Watford ..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Perhaps a bit mad, but is there an upside to this?

I thought it was going to be another 7-0, we were sublime until the sending off. BUT we won't be steamrollering teams like this in the PL. We were so gobsmacked by the sending off we let it affect our game - & that is a cardinal sin. We will meet teams who will be steamrollering us for periods in a game, & we have to show the grit & determination to knuckle down & get past it. I thought our character was a little bit wanting last night.

Danjuma was on excellent form last night & will be the sort of player we must expect to encounter next season. We found it difficult to cope with him, & indeed their whole attack last night. So perhaps a salutary & sobering lesson, which I fully expect Daniel & the players to take on board. 

It was of course a real shame for Dimi, he really is starting to integrate into the team & become part of our wonderful footballing style. Placheta on the other hand I was a bit disappointed with; after an initial burst ne started to walk about when he should have been charging about & closing down in the way that Todd, Emi & Teemu do. It may be a confidence issue because I don't think he's a lazy player.

On to Watford ..

I agree with most of this Ron, but perhaps saying character was wanting is a tad unfair, but I know what you mean. Perhaps rattled for  a period? We were certainly angry with Pearson (Even Pukki had a dig at the little s*it).

I thought Placheta was a good substitution, as, with his pace, we could have kept their defenders on the back foot, but that just didn't materialize and he didn't occupy the role i thought he ought to have done, in a situation like that.

Danjuma was rightly MoM, and after that display, he will surely attract Clubs a lot higher up the pecking order?

Once DF realised how the game was going, then taking Emi and Todd off (Pukki had a knock, so a sensible move) was the right call also, ready for Watford.

If we beat them, to kill off any doubts (from others, not Norwich fans) then last night will be written off as one of those games that can happen to any team, no matter what the opposition

Edited by Crabbycanary3

I think putting Placheta on was the right option in terms of his pace and drive to provide an outlet. Unfortunately I just don't think the lad is up to it. I'd be worried seeing him in the Prem next season - maybe a Champs loan to improve his decision making? 

We were definitely rattled by the sending off, though, and we definitely have to work on regaining composure. We were lucky not to concede before half time. No arguments about their first two goals, but the third was well offside. 

13 minutes ago, Evil Monkey said:

I think putting Placheta on was the right option in terms of his pace and drive to provide an outlet. Unfortunately I just don't think the lad is up to it. I'd be worried seeing him in the Prem next season - maybe a Champs loan to improve his decision making? 

We were definitely rattled by the sending off, though, and we definitely have to work on regaining composure. We were lucky not to concede before half time. No arguments about their first two goals, but the third was well offside. 

I found myself several times shouting at the TV "where's Placheta" because when we were defending there was no sign of him in our half of the pitch. I can only assume he was given instructions to stay forwards as an outlet, but the common sense thing would have been for him to get in b'**** faces inside our half.  Pukki when on the pitch would be seen defending when necessary.  Just one of those matches where everything went against us.  I can see Placheta being a great outlet with his pace so looking for him to use his pace well moving forwards next season.

How can we not use the word M*ff (insert the u yourselves)  but can use cunty?

Placheta has pace to burn, but will need a lot more than that if he is going to create an impression in the Prem

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I found myself several times shouting at the TV "where's Placheta" because when we were defending there was no sign of him in our half of the pitch. I can only assume he was given instructions to stay forwards as an outlet, but the common sense thing would have been for him to get in b'**** faces inside our half.  Pukki when on the pitch would be seen defending when necessary.  Just one of those matches where everything went against us.  I can see Placheta being a great outlet with his pace so looking for him to use his pace well moving forwards next season.

The lads got pace but just doesn't use it. Just passes it and moves on at his own leisurely pace. Dont look very confident 

1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

How can we not use the word M*ff (insert the u yourselves)  but can use cunty?

Placheta has pace to burn, but will need a lot more than that if he is going to create an impression in the Prem

Try cuntymuff

• Haha 1