rock bus

Pant wetter ...stupidly getting nervous

8 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

It will be interesting to see how Omobamidele does against two of the better sides in the division 

Agreed. The level of attacker he will face against Bournemouth and Watford is higher than he has faced previously, and if he can come through those two games as well as he has the previous ones then I'll start to get genuinely excited about him.

• Like 1

Hang on, are the doubtful people thinking Watford will beat Swansea and Brentford, or draw those games, or lose both games? If so.............

As a back up plan, I have written to DF and suggested , for the **** and Watford games a  4-5-1 formation, but only Teemu is allowed to step over the halfway line. That should do it. 

He hasn't written back yet.

Beat Bournemouth, don't lose to Watford. 8 point gap, 9 to play for- easy.

Probably worth remembering that a lot of out squad have been beaten by Watford in ugly encounters 3 times in a row, in the last year and a half. If we beat Bournemouth I think the lads will be absolutely feral to put Watford away.

Promotion is so much of a formality that it almost feels less of an achievement at this point. We're only playing for the title.

We don't need another point to go up, its just about the title from now on which TBH whilst id like im not overly bothered about.

Sit , enjoy going up and then for added entertainment have a look at TWTD once in a while.

We're already promoted and that's obviously been the aim since the start of the season. The only question is whether we win the title.

5 hours ago, rock bus said:

Sorry everyone just using this post to air my increasing unnecessary worrying! Whilst everyone else is aboard HMS P the league I’m stood left on the shore.

I just can’t rid of the thought that we have two really tough games coming up. It is not inconceivable we could lose to Bournemouth and Watford.

That then leaves us on a poor run and with ‘just’ 3 games to secure the points we need.

I know that still requires The others to win all their other games but I can’t stop fearing the worst happening.

stupid I know, but maybe that’s just because I’m used to Norwich doing things the hard way and nothing being easy.

Thanks for reading my confession and hopefully some one can resurrect this post Saturday evening when we’re promoted!!

1. It's only football. Stop worrying about sport.

2. We need 2 points from five games. 

3. Even if we somehow don't achieve that, teams below us need to win 4 and draw 1 to overtake us into second. 

4. We haven't lost since February 5th.

5. I'd be happy to bet we go the rest of the season unbeaten. Watford is the only game I think might threaten this bet. 

6. Come Saturday, I'm absolutely sure we'll be celebrating. 

Well at least not alone although clearly in the minority!

Praying for celebratory drink on Saturday night!

2 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

If you’re that worried go down the bookies and lump on us finishing outside the top two 👍

In most cases they’ve closed that book as even they wouldn’t want to be accused of profiteering from the mentally deranged 😀

Well I'm enjoying being top and being in a fantastic position, but I think ridiculing those that would rather wait for actual promotion before celebrating is slightly twisted, as they are the ones who are living in the real world and those that are already celebrating promotion are the ones who need to control themselves a bit.  So please allow me and others to enjoy the process of the season without ridicule, in our own way and celebrating promotion when it happens and not before, because we are the ones actually seeing things as they are.   There is work to do, football is a funny game and until promotion is certain - ie no-one can catch us - we would do well to button it until such time as we can celebrate properly.  It will happen, I am sure, but it hasn't happened yet.

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

ridiculing those that would rather wait for actual promotion before celebrating is slightly twisted,

we would do well to button it until such time as we can celebrate properly.

Yes, ridiculing people with a different opinion is not on.

But so is telling people with a different opinion to button it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Well I'm enjoying being top and being in a fantastic position, but I think ridiculing those that would rather wait for actual promotion before celebrating is slightly twisted, as they are the ones who are living in the real world and those that are already celebrating promotion are the ones who need to control themselves a bit.  So please allow me and others to enjoy the process of the season without ridicule, in our own way and celebrating promotion when it happens and not before, because we are the ones actually seeing things as they are.   There is work to do, football is a funny game and until promotion is certain - ie no-one can catch us - we would do well to button it until such time as we can celebrate properly.  It will happen, I am sure, but it hasn't happened yet.

Europe next year though yeah ?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Yes, ridiculing people with a different opinion is not on.

But so is telling people with a different opinion to button it.

Well we agree then, because I did not "tell" anyone to button it, merely suggested it........🙃

I am getting fed up posting this but neither Bournemouth or Watford have won away against a team in the top 6.  In fact Watford not single point Bournemouth couple of draws.  These two are home town bullies but are poor away and only beat the lesser lights.  It would beyond belief that both will come to Carrow and take the points.  One defeat at home all season not going to lose any more    

10 minutes ago, pete said:

I am getting fed up posting this but neither Bournemouth or Watford have won away against a team in the top 6.  In fact Watford not single point Bournemouth couple of draws.  These two are home town bullies but are poor away and only beat the lesser lights.  It would beyond belief that both will come to Carrow and take the points.  One defeat at home all season not going to lose any more    

Add to this that Norwich haven't conceded a goal or dropped a point at home against top 8 opponents (P4 W4).

In any case, we're already up. I'd be surprised if even Watford end up on 90+ points let alone anyone else.

If you're really worried then go and put £10 on Norwich to miss out on promotion. Should earn you around £2500 to soften the blow if we spectacularly implode.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rock bus said:

Sorry everyone just using this post to air my increasing unnecessary worrying! Whilst everyone else is aboard HMS P the league I’m stood left on the shore.

I just can’t rid of the thought that we have two really tough games coming up. It is not inconceivable we could lose to Bournemouth and Watford.

That then leaves us on a poor run and with ‘just’ 3 games to secure the points we need.

I know that still requires The others to win all their other games but I can’t stop fearing the worst happening.

stupid I know, but maybe that’s just because I’m used to Norwich doing things the hard way and nothing being easy.

Thanks for reading my confession and hopefully some one can resurrect this post Saturday evening when we’re promoted!!

Us not winning another game is possible but very unlikely. Swansea and Brentford winning all their games is possible but unlikely.

This would have to be the mother of all collapses from here. 

Only Ipswich could have such a train crash as they did when they thought they had won the title with 5 games to go, they had a massive p!ss up to celebrate and proceeded to lose those 5, handing the league title to Villa.

We are more professional than that

Edited by Mullet

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!! 😁

Photos on social media of the squad training today show a relaxed and happy group.  Even Emi is smiling.  We're up!!!

7 hours ago, pete said:

A

C

N

?

Not that  I believe we'll lose to both but ffs , we couldn't ask to be in a better position .

The only team to ever reach 90 points in the Championship (or First Division prior to 2004-05 under the current format) and not finish in the top 2, was Sunderland in 1997/98.  Sunderland finished 3rd on 90 points and lost the play-off final on penalties to Charlton who had finished 4th on 88 points.  Just look at the final table.  What a tight exciting season it was.  I'm not sure many of our fans would survive such a season! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997–98_Football_League

25 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

The only team to ever reach 90 points in the Championship (or First Division prior to 2004-05 under the current format) and not finish in the top 2, was Sunderland in 1997/98.  Sunderland finished 3rd on 90 points and lost the play-off final on penalties to Charlton who had finished 4th on 88 points.  Just look at the final table.  What a tight exciting season it was.  I'm not sure many of our fans would survive such a season! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997–98_Football_League

Another interesting stat is teams that have  been Champions of the 2nd tier twice in 3 seasons since it started back in 1892..from what i can see its only happened twice before, Middlesbrough back in 1929 and Sunderland in the early 2000s, so if we do go up as Champions again its a very rare  thing to happen.

• Like 1

If Brentford win and we draw with Bmuff,  will we be having the same conversation next week ?.... I want this to be over, just to shut down all this fear mongering.

We're up, it's done, relax.

What on earth was I worrying about......absolute idiot!!!

Now where’s that hms p the league thread!