Uncle Fred

Mean while at Portman road

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It has crossed my mind that I may never see us play them again 

You could live for another 20 years and not see it 😁

Seriously, they have a billionaire owner, and to get promoted from League 1 probably only really needs investment of a few million, yet he gives them nothing. Nothing at all. I bet he’s so tight he won’t even pay for a bottle of fertiliser for that tree growing on the stand.

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Seriously, they have a billionaire owner, and to get promoted from League 1 probably only really needs investment of a few million, yet he gives them nothing. Nothing at all. I bet he’s so tight he won’t even pay for a bottle of fertiliser for that tree growing on the stand.

'But but but we would be better off with a stonking rich owner Delia out!'

Always a reminder the grass isnt greener on the other side

• Like 1

Evans has put in about £100m more than Delia has over the last 15 years. 

It's not about that though. It's about how you spend what you have. Getting scouting and coaching right and the senior management team right. 

NCFC's commitment to youth development is, for me, the primary reason why we are leaving them so far behind. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'But but but we would be better off with a stonking rich owner Delia out!'

Always a reminder the grass isnt greener on the other side

It is on the roof of some of their stands ..............apparently 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beefy is a legend said:

It's not about that though. It's about how you spend what you have. Getting scouting and coaching right and the senior management team right. 

NCFC's commitment to youth development is, for me, the primary reason why we are leaving them so far behind. 

Spot on. The value and time we spend on development can not be underestimated.

There can't be many clubs who have put such faith in youth, whilst challenging at the top of the championships or even whilst in the PL, to the extent we have over the last 5 years.

If you are a young talented footballer and NCFC came in for you, I suspect you would jump at the chance to be schooled at Colney knowing the set up here.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Spot on. The value and time we spend on development can not be underestimated.

There can't be many clubs who have put such faith in youth, whilst challenging at the top of the championships or even whilst in the PL, to the extent we have over the last 5 years.

If you are a young talented footballer and NCFC came in for you, I suspect you would jump at the chance to be schooled at Colney knowing the set up here.

Yep, and this is why despite inevitable bumps in the road the current approach and trajectory is spot on and should be supported. Not just the academy either- the scouting system have come up trumps with inexpensive gems yet again.

• Like 1

This just about sums up their plight. One of their posts:

My favourite memory recently was on my birthday when we beat Crystal Palace 3-0. Nouble decided he wanted to be a footballer that day, but the thing I enjoyed most was getting food poisoning from the burger van near planet blue and making it home just in time to avoid staining my undies.

3 hours ago, Beefy is a legend said:

That is rather an urbin myth. Evans has steadily been bleeding the binners dry.

A fair number of players have left for heavy fees, without a penny of it being seen back in the playing budget.

Adding interest to debt is not investing - nor is buying a debt if £30m for £6 or £8 million investing either. Just as making off with the training ground as compensation for interest is not investment either. A look at the sorry state of the ground and the squad will tell you where the money has been going

A few years back the then CEO Milne talked of having half of the squad coming through the academy. What happened there ? Nothing, bar the ridiculous idea that CAT 1 could be funded by raffles and jumble sakes ran by the farmhands themselves.

The paupers are where they are through years of under investment and almost complete mismanagement.

Lambert will do well to stop them sinking further.

I am particularly fond of their ability to comfortably sit top of the table of the division they are going to 'walk' at the start of each season, only to collapse when a genuine top 6 team turns up. And then ending up under 'the likes of...' Fleetwood and Lincoln.

Perpetual Emperor's New Clothes. 

image.png

Has it yet been officially established that Marcus Evans is a Norwich fan? I mean, he couldn't really be doing a better job could he? If you started with a plan to make Ipswich irrelevant it couldn't have gone any better so far.

I think another relegation to League Two would probably be in the next phase of the plan and then maybe just quietly going into liquidation so he can build houses on the ground to recover his "investment". Of course, giving the development contract to a Norwich based builder would be the icing on the cake.

The we could put Mr Evans in the Norwich Hall of Fame where he undoubtedly belongs.

Edited by sgncfc
error

9 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Has it yet been officially established that Marcus Evans is a Norwich fan? I mean, he couldn't really be doing a better job could he? If you started with a plan to make Ipswich irrelevant it couldn't have gone any better so far.

I think another relegation to League Two would probably be in the next phase of the plan and then maybe just quietly going into liquidation so he can build houses on the ground to recover his "investment". Of courses, giving the development contract to a Norwich based builder would be the icing on the cake.

The we could put Mr Evans in the Norwich Hall of Fame where he undoubtedly belongs.

Perhaps Agent Evans is really the mysterious 'Fifth Man'.........................

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Lambert will do well to stop them sinking further.

I pray he stays and completes the job.

11 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It has crossed my mind that I may never see us play them again 

Sorry but never underestimate how things can change.

Sure I’d love to seem them fester for years to come but things can change with the signing of a good forward and and manager who knows who to use him.

At some point ME will sell out /move on. Sure it will be a hard sell to a new owner but never say never.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

I pray he stays and completes the job.

Did You see his press chat after the game yesterday . I thought he looked like he had a couple of drinks too many .........

18 minutes ago, Mr Tea said:

Sure I’d love to seem them fester for years to come but things can change with the signing of a good forward and and manager who knows who to use him.

At some point ME will sell out /move on. Sure it will be a hard sell to a new owner but never say never.

It'll take FAR more than that to turn them round.

I wonder if Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney have some mates who don't know what to do with their spare cash.

17 minutes ago, Mr Tea said:

The rot goes far deeper than one player or even a manager. And for my part I think Lambert is doing a fair jobs given the circumstances ie a club which has been neglected and allowed to decay for moist if Evans time there.

They have drifted with no real plan, or investment - seeing what little of value, sold off by Evans.

At the moment Lambert seems to be doing the job of CEO as well as manager. Unfortunately he has all the responsibility without the required control.

As said, if he keeps them in the top half this season he will have done well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ricardo said:

An enjoyable read.👍

Music to my ears😁

I clicked on this . Imagine my surprise after reading the first post for 0.0002 secs a Binner mentioned Paul Mariner and Terry Butcher . 
Do they ever speak about anything other than pre history ? It is honestly like One Million Years BC. But without Raquel Welch.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I think his work over the last 2 years proves that  he is 

😀

Highly commebdable. Deserves a mention in the New Years Honours list.

• Like 1

It does make you realise (whilst not necessarily NCFC football style) what a fantastic job Mick McCarthy did whilst he was there. Surely Lambert is on borrowed time, he has been ordinary for a while. I hope it never happens as he was a bit of an idol growing up but Ian Culverhouse would appear to be much more on the up as a manager and would be better than Lambert. Thankfully I think there is zero chance of them appointing another manager with Norwich connections. Hopefully they will go for Glenn Roeder! 

According to a leaked cabinet document, Boris is about to announce that Ipswich will be in Tier 3 for at least 10 years 😀

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Beefy is a legend said:

Although Ipswich owes him £100m he hasn't actually put in that amount. Ipswich had a loan from Aviva of £32m which Aviva realised Ipswich couldn't repay. Evans bought the loan for £7m.

His original intention was to throw some money at the club, get promoted and use the Sky money to repay himself the full £32m. What could possibly go wrong? 

The interest rate was around 5 points above the base rate and Ipswich couldn't even afford that so every year the interest got added to the debt. He stopped charging interest about 3 or 4 years ago, possibly for tax reasons. 

So painting him as a Knight in shining armour is way off the mark. He's not remotely interested in football. He just thought he could make a quick £25m and it all went wrong. 

• Like 1