ron obvious

today's team now up

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That's why he only played 7 times the last time we were promoted.

But don't worry, Hogesar is convinced that Tettey is the answer. 

Would Tettey be noticeably worse than giving away 2 goals in 3 games?

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Indeed, we should have had a red and Wycombe a pen earlier

That was never a pen.

Just now, kick it off said:

Emi been **** today. Hanley proving yet again why he's not up to it. His **** up changed the game. Looked like we were going to smash 5 or 6 until his Sunday league display cost us and let wycombe into the game.

The initial mistake was by Gibson losing his man - Hanley was then caught in two minds and could have expected Krul to be awake, which he wasn't, but yes he should have cleared it. Since then Hanley has been the better player and Gibson all over the place. Rupp and Skipp being bypassed by Wycombe to get pressure on our centre which has no protection yet again. Apart from Emi (who is doing it badly) none of our front players are closing down.

Need to establish control of this match in the first 15 minutes of the second half. We've lost it after that pure gift of a goal. The first 10 minutes were as good as I've seen this season but our confidence was rocked by Hanley's indecision (or maybe Krul?).

Just now, Nuff Said said:

*cough* Krul’s ball *cough*

Hes a defender and the ball was literally under his feet. Just ****ing hoof it.

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

The initial mistake was by Gibson losing his man - Hanley was then caught in two minds and could have expected Krul to be awake, which he wasn't, but yes he should have cleared it. Since then Hanley has been the better player and Gibson all over the place. Rupp and Skipp being bypassed by Wycombe to get pressure on our centre which has no protection yet again. Apart from Emi (who is doing it badly) none of our front players are closing down.

The first rule of defending, never let the ball bounce inside the box!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

Yes, Skipp has not been very influential

Observations... Should have been two or three up, Hanley's match day errors have cost us today  as they did at Rotherham. We have failed yet again to deal with our weakness in the transfer window. Buendia is having a shocker and I would replace him at half time. Is Skipp playing? Apart from standing on the ankle of one of their players he has been missing... Wycombe bench is louder than the Pakistan outfield... Pipe down! Ainsworth looks like a replacement Saxon guitarist.

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I disagree - that was Krul’s ball if he’d been awake, but they both dallied and paid the price. Both to blame but it seems some can only see Hanley.

Wycombe have come to play their spoiling way, certainly more adventurous than Brum, but will time waste galore whilst they have their point.

Edited by Branston Pickle

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m not sure it’s fair of people to totally blame Hanley for the goal - Krul shares plenty of the blame, he should have come out and claimed it.

It should never have got to that situation and Hanley should absolutely just have belted it out instead of doing jack all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

..that's Hanley's fault....you dont leave a ball in the box like that....you put it in the f****** stands

• Like 1

Just now, ron obvious said:

I've never, never seen a team with such an ability to self-destruct. From Barcelona to Beccles in 2 minutes.

Agreed - we have perfected that over the last 18months or so.

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m not sure it’s fair of people to totally blame Hanley for the goal - Krul shares plenty of the blame, he should have come out and claimed it.

No way, 100% Hanley should have put his foot through it. He had no idea the goalscorer was coming in on it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, daly said:

Lucky to be on terms against the worst team in the league 

Agreed and could even be down to ten men.

Just now, paul moy said:

Agreed and could even be down to ten men.

I have seen refs give those and Gibson would have been off... Imagine and Hanley Tetty pairing against Brentford!!!!

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

I disagree - that was Krul’s ball if he’d been awake, but they both dallied and paid the price.

Wycombe have come to play their spoiling way, certainly more adventurous than Brum, but will time waste galore whilst they have their point.

Have another look - if Gibson is actually marking his man, the free header doesn't come into the box in the first place. He'd switched off. He then spent the next 15 minutes like a rabbit in headlights, got booked, almost gave a way a penalty and would then have been sent off. If I'm Grant Hanley, at half-time I'm screaming at Gibson to tighten up.

And if I'm the Wycombe manager I'm telling my team to put some physicality onto Gibson early in the second half and let's get him sent off.

• Like 1

Aimlessly pump long balls into our box, get stuck in against us and shrug us off the ball and get it wide and put crosses into us and we completely fall to pieces and have no answer. It's unacceptable really,. You can't go out and disrespectfully try to knock the ball about like the opposition aren't there without earning that right first by fighting and scrapping. We're so, so weak physically and mentally. 

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I disagree - that was Krul’s ball if he’d been awake, but they both dallied and paid the price. Both to blame but it seems some can only see Hanley.

Again, first rule of defending

NEVER LET THE BALL BOUNCE IN THE BOX!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lharman7 said:

The first rule of defending, never let the ball bounce inside the box!

The first rule of Norwich City defending is: We do not coach defending at Norwich City FC.

The second rule of Norwich City defending is: We do not coach defending at Norwich City FC.

The third rule of Norwich City defending is: Someone yells "WTF is Hanley doing!?", misses a ball over the top, gives away a free-kick in the final third: a goal is conceded.

The fourth rule of Norwich City defending is: Only two fit centre backs (at most) to a season please lads.

Love that film.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Haha 2