Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Everton supposedly about to bid for Godfrey

"He's not a centre back.  Will be better as a defensive midfielder."

So where will Ancelotti play him?  Ben will improve wherever under his tutelage.  England career nailed on.

Edited by shefcanary

😥😥😥 Oh so the fellowship of the magnificent Championship  winning team is falling apart . 
Foolish to expect otherwise I suppose .

Goodbye and good luck Ben Godfrey .

Step up Ben Gibson , you are most welcome. 

Edited by Pockthorpe

Just now, Fromage Frais said:

If you are one of the other sellable players you must be thinking hey maybe I should make sure I jump ship also asap.

A few months of not performing as expected in the champs in a depleted side will bring that value down for us and for them also.

Who is going to be next off?

Cantwell. Sky sports saying their deal for Cuisance has fallen through. He's failed a medical. SO Cantwell might now be their main target. 

Just now, Fromage Frais said:

If you are one of the other sellable players you must be thinking hey maybe I should make sure I jump ship also asap.

A few months of not performing as expected in the champs in a depleted side will bring that value down for us and for them also.

Who is going to be next off?

i think Aarons will be next Now Barcelona have signed the right back they wanted clubs will move on to max 

A strange one this.

I felt Jamal had come to the end of his journey with us. I thought it was right to move on and we got a good price.

Ben. There's no doubt in my mind this is a superb deal and Webber should be applauded for holding out for top dollar. And no doubt that Everton is a great move for the lad. I guess I had hoped to see him be a mainstay of our side for years to come. Maybe even captain.

Good luck, Ben.

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing who we bring in now the H.M.S. Norwich City ship has righted and - as we didn’t need to sell in the first place - all these funds are available to dip back into the market. 

Edited by WD40
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Looking forward to seeing who we bring in now the H.M.S. Norwich City ship has righted and - as we didn’t need to sell in the first place - all these funds are available to dip back into the market. 

That is not the stowmarket 2 way of doing business a previously unknown hole in the finances will now appear

• Like 1

How is £26m a good deal?

Villa paid that for mings the other year and have just paid more fir Watkins from Brentford!

3 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

York City are in a Division below Kings Lynn 

Money talks in any football but when you move down the leagues it is far more obvious 

For York city to get £3 million spread over so many years as it will not be a lump some i doubt 

Will increase the wage budget No end 

they will be able to attract far better players so i am sure they will have a very good time in level 6 of the football pyramid

i imagine and not sure but some of their players will be on maybe £100 / £200   a game 

£3 million will help no end or do you suggest they keep the money in the bank and keep at the same level ? 

I know somebody who plays for York City, and £3m would sort them right out.

They are about to move into a brand new 8000 seater council owned stadium as well. 

Will end up back in the league. 

Its nice to know that a smaller club will be stabilised by this move at a time like this really, when you see Macclesfield going under with £500k of debts.

The player I know though is on a full-time professional contract at York City, I don't think they ever converted into semi-pro, so definitely wouldn't be on £100 a game as that would £400 a month and we're not in Belarus.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

Gone.

Well we didn't take too much persuading on the 2nd bid we.

You can practically hear the champagne glasses clinking in the Boardroom.

2 minutes ago, CUSDP said:

How is £26m a good deal?

Villa paid that for mings the other year and have just paid more fir Watkins from Brentford!

Binner 

8 minutes ago, WD40 said:

40 million will get us a lot in the championship

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

They are about to move into a brand new 8000 seater council owned stadium as well. 

Its nice to know that a smaller club will be stabilised by this move at a time like this really, when you see Macclesfield going under with £500k of debts.

The player I know though is on a full-time professional contract at York City, I don't think they ever converted into semi-pro, so definitely wouldn't be on £100 a game as that would £400 a month and we're not in Belarus.

Yes sorry i thought they were Semi Pro , i Do not know what Kings lynn pay but they are still Semi Pro but Marriott will be on a fair whack !! £3 millon in that league would sort them out a treat 

2 minutes ago, Haus said:

Let's hope so. Any ideas for a new centre half anybody ?

Just to recap, Webber never said we wouldn’t sell any of the 5. He said we were in a position where we didn’t have to, so any outgoings would be on Norwich City’s terms. He did also say we wouldn’t sell all 5 of them. At the moment Emi is looking the most likely to stay. I’d take that. 

Stuart Webber has not broken his word or any promises before anyone gets their knickers in a twist. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Well i would like a Young English CB who we can mould into the next Godfrey 

what we will get is a different story ! 

We need Homegrown players 

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Just to recap, Webber never said we wouldn’t sell any of the 5. He said we were in a position where we didn’t have to, so any outgoings would be on Norwich City’s terms. He did also say we wouldn’t sell all 5 of them. At the moment Emi is looking the most likely to stay. I’d take that. 

Stuart Webber has not broken his word or any promises before anyone gets their knickers in a twist. 

He did say the asking price for Godfrey was £50m. Only dropped half the value he promised us 

Congratulations Ben Godfrey and what a fantastic endorsement of our coaching.

Look I get it, I get why people are unhappy but I also am happy that we have got a lot of money for a young player who will know, as madders does, that ncfc gave him this chance.

If we are to go up Gibson is a player that can lead our back line for years too and is suited to the prem. Let's look at a new centre back and build that new partnership. 

Zimmerman and gibson would be a solid partnership. I get the worries of lack of pace, but this is where we are.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I watched York City play a couple of times when I studied up there. They must be thrilled with this windfall. Could very well cover their losses at this uncertain time. Or at least help.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Haus said:

Please don't tell me you believe we have all that in a transfer kitty ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

This'll be banked.....we've already got Gibson and have Zimmerman and Hanley competing with Klose as cover, we'll muddle through.

Without knowing how long it will be before fans are back in stadiums and the financial uncertaintly that brings, whilst the Lewis sale recovered the shortfall for last season,this money will insure against there being no fans in for the whole of this season

I find it a bit odd that Norwich are always pleading poverty. On the face of it we’re very comfortable. Two seasons of parachute payments plus several players worth multi-millions and no debt must mean we’re in a healthy position surely ?

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

Pretty decent deal there, depending on the add-ons. Webber's shown he'll hold his ground and get more money in. Godfrey should blossom under Ancelotti's tutelage as well.

Never shown an attitude issue. Always given it everything in a Norwich shirt, and could well be a future captain somewhere. Fair play to him. 

Just now, Rabbit hole said:

Ben Gibson is the replacement 

Please bear in mind though that he’s only here on loan and to sign him on a permanent deal we have to get promoted

if we bother replace then it would be maybe someone on loan? We have recall op famewo in Jan if needs be and as it stands, we have 4 fit centre backs. Perhaps we'll dip in on deadline day if we get an injury?

We also have Sorenson and Xavi that can fill in there if required

1 minute ago, HazzaJet said:

Please bear in mind though that he’s only here on loan and to sign him on a permanent deal we have to get promoted

Good point.