Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Neil needs to go.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Remember AN is one of the best young managers in the country ![/quote]

Based on?

Getting the best squad in the league into the playoffs in half a season?

Already 5 points off the top, shocking window leaving us playing catch up. No lessons learned from last summer. Shame!

He should have been given the boot as soon as we were relegated. He got well and truly found out in the PL.

Sadly I have to agree, he''s rapidly falling further out of his depth and lacking confidence. and the sooner we get someone in the better our chances of a top finish.
AN will be a good manager one day, but we need a good manager now.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Feedthewolf wrote the following post at 2016-08-27 8:47 PM:

Yeah, I''m fed up with losing every week... oh hang on, this is our first defeat of the season. In our sixth game. What the f**k is wrong with you people?!

You obviously don''t get to see too many games, home or away?

Yes a defeat in our sixth game, counting the EFL cup. Failed to beat too poor sides in Sheffield and Ipswich, unable to break down their defensive strategy, and 3-0 down against a side who have not won at home since March! Blackburn was a false dawn for sure.[/quote]Carrow Road is one hell of a commute from Koh Samui, mate. Fair play to you.

Carrow Road is one hell of a commute from Koh Samui, mate. Fair play to you.

Sure is FTW. But hey ho, think I''ll miss a few after today!

That was a joke !

i am quite open that i saw enough of AN last season

for me to have sacked him / should have sacked him when we still had a chance to stay up

i said at the very start of season AN has no experience of building a team or squad

he is not the man needed a Experienced head

through gritted teeth i thought give him 10 games

GOOD managers get the best out of what they have got

AN is not getting the best out of the players

[quote user="City 2nd"]Carrow Road is one hell of a commute from Koh Samui, mate. Fair play to you.

Sure is FTW. But hey ho, think I''ll miss a few after today![/quote]I am missing the next two home games as I''m on my honeymoon. If we don''t win both of them, I''ll be pleased to be giving this place a break for a couple of weeks... [;)]For all the people vehemently disagreeing with me, I hear the frustration, and I can see a lot more moderates starting to doubt Neil''s position. That''s totally fair enough, as we need to be at least within touching distance of the top two. If we get the right striker in and get at least 4 points from the next 6, we''ll likely still be on target. Obviously we can''t afford another performance like that for a while, and the Whittaker and Naismith ''Axis of Irn Bru'' need a rest.But I''m still of the mind that when you appoint a 33-year-old unknown, you have to give him the opportunity to learn from his mistakes. We clearly want to build something long-term and sustainable under this guy, and I applaud that in a world with an ever-increasing number of Doctor Tonys and Massimo Cellinos. But yes, he is currently on thin ice and needs to get us playing well again sharpish. This two-week break will be pivotal, we really need to hit the ground running.

Last season was excusable in a lot of ways. The fact that after the summer nothing''s changed, except that we seem to have gotten worse really isn''t. On the fence for now but he''s definitely on thin ice

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="City 2nd"]Carrow Road is one hell of a commute from Koh Samui, mate. Fair play to you.

Sure is FTW. But hey ho, think I''ll miss a few after today![/quote]I am missing the next two home games as I''m on my honeymoon. If we don''t win both of them, I''ll be pleased to be giving this place a break for a couple of weeks... [;)]For all the people vehemently disagreeing with me, I hear the frustration, and I can see a lot more moderates starting to doubt Neil''s position. That''s totally fair enough, as we need to be at least within touching distance of the top two. If we get the right striker in and get at least 4 points from the next 6, we''ll likely still be on target. Obviously we can''t afford another performance like that for a while, and the Whittaker and Naismith ''Axis of Irn Bru'' need a rest.But I''m still of the mind that when you appoint a 33-year-old unknown, you have to give him the opportunity to learn from his mistakes. We clearly want to build something long-term and sustainable under this guy, and I applaud that in a world with an ever-increasing number of Doctor Tonys and Massimo Cellinos. But yes, he is currently on thin ice and needs to get us playing well again sharpish. This two-week break will be pivotal, we really need to hit the ground running.[/quote]

Relax.I wouldn''t be too concerned just yet.......this marriage lark does take a while to settle in to !! [;)]

Now that''s the best thing I''ve read on here today! Very funny!

PS congrats on your upcoming wedding FTW. Good luck to you on your married future.

Feedthewolf wrote:

''''For all the people vehemently disagreeing with me, I hear the frustration, and I can see a lot more moderates starting to doubt Neil''s position. That''s totally fair enough, as we need to be at least within touching distance of the top two. If we get the right striker in and get at least 4 points from the next 6, we''ll likely still be on target. Obviously we can''t afford another performance like that for a while, and the Whittaker and Naismith ''Axis of Irn Bru'' need a rest.

But I''m still of the mind that when you appoint a 33-year-old unknown, you have to give him the opportunity to learn from his mistakes. We clearly want to build something long-term and sustainable under this guy, and I applaud that in a world with an ever-increasing number of Doctor Tonys and Massimo Cellinos. But yes, he is currently on thin ice and needs to get us playing well again sharpish. This two-week break will be pivotal, we really need to hit the ground running.''''

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Great post FTW, fully agree

Thanks Indy. Mrs Wolf has a season ticket for the first time this year, so we''re in it together whichever way you look at it... [:)]

Thanks Bor. This one''s a keeper... as with NCFC, it''s for life [:)]

As always it will be down to the results.Because of the high expectations I guess that AN will be given a dozen games. We will need to be close to two points per game by then or the knives will be out.

My view is that he should have gone last Christmas. Instead we carried on under achieving and got relegated, finshing below teams with worse squads than us. Sunderland and Bournmouth in particular. Sunderland showed how a decent manager could make all the difference.

Martin continually played at centre half, the indecision over Olsson and Brady at left back, preferring Jerome to Mbokani far too often, Wes and Howson played wide, the back 4/5 never being given a chance to form partnerships, the under utilisation of Redmond. The list goes on. Now here we are seeng similar chopping and changing again. Whits preferred over Martin, Mulumbu in and out, Howson inefectual in a holding position and Naismith up front as a lone striker.

Now to cap it all we are beginning to show less determination in our play and not surprisingly supporters are showing signs of discontent.

AN was a very lucky man to be given the opportunity to be manager of our great club considering his lack of experience and the previous level he managed at. He was even more lucky to stay as manager when he took us down last year despite having better squads than Lambert and Hugton kept us up with. I fervently hope his luck runs out soon before it is too late to rescue this season.

I think it''s far too early for the knives to be out. Remember we struggled in the Premiership, but most newly relegated clubs do.

But it wasn''t AN''s fault we didn''t secure proper firepower at the start of the season. AN will have identified his targets and it was the Boards responsibility to secure them, not his. We sold Grabs (to everyones delight in Jan) but didn''t replace him. We finally got a class centre back, and bad luck we lost him to injury. We had a whole season with a sh*te strike force.

We''ve since lost Hoops and at start of this season RVW. Again not his fault, but entirely the Boards for not replacing them. This Board should be shot, hung and quartered time and again for in inaptitude in the transfer market.

AN has pinpointed Canos and Pritchard, two very exciting players, but the fault at his own door is picking Whitts ahead of Martin, and the woeful Naysmith up front.

In his post match interview I think you can hear his frustration but he can hardly publicly lambast his Board. So he''s got to be a big man now and make big decisions overe the non performers, and drop them in favour of those who want to try. For me the team beating COverntry showed hunger and determintaion all over the pitch. We''d do worse than to try them. Maddison &/or Pritchard must come before the uninterested Naysmith. Even after he was subbed today we upped our game

Will the Board dip their fingers in their pockets or play it "prudence with ambition" all over again in the next few days. AN need to make some big decisions and find his best team. Today was a bad day at the office. He needs time but it won''t last forever

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]My view is that he should have gone last Christmas. Instead we carried on under achieving and got relegated, finshing below teams with worse squads than us. Sunderland and Bournmouth in particular. Sunderland showed how a decent manager could make all the difference.

Martin continually played at centre half, the indecision over Olsson and Brady at left back, preferring Jerome to Mbokani far too often, Wes and Howson played wide, the back 4/5 never being given a chance to form partnerships, the under utilisation of Redmond. The list goes on. Now here we are seeng similar chopping and changing again. Whits preferred over Martin, Mulumbu in and out, Howson inefectual in a holding position and Naismith up front as a lone striker.

Now to cap it all we are beginning to show less determination in our play and not surprisingly supporters are showing signs of discontent.

AN was a very lucky man to be given the opportunity to be manager of our great club considering his lack of experience and the previous level he managed at. He was even more lucky to stay as manager when he took us down last year despite having better squads than Lambert and Hugton kept us up with. I fervently hope his luck runs out soon before it is too late to rescue this season.[/quote]

That''s the spirit - don''t hope for wins, hope for our manager to have his luck run out! He''s got us promoted from this league, how anyone wouldn''t give him the next two home games is beyond me. We''re two points from 2nd with several injuries... The next two games will be telling either way.

Those that were/are expecting us to walk the league with Neil or anyone else are deluded!

To put things in some perspective we were 4th. We''ve lost one game. We''re 12th.

This league is always tight, and we desperately need some "proven strikers at this level" as AN stated at start of season and some consistency. We need to see Canos, Pritchard and Maddison integrated into this team with a better striker and think we''ll be far better

We were unbeaten in 5. Terrible performance today. Think we should accept any offer for Naymsith and just move on without him as quickly as possible

Don''t be daft. Of course I want us to win the next two games. I''m there every home game and several away games as well, never ever boo and want AN to prove me wrong very much indeed.

But....

There has to come a point when it becomes obvious that things are going in the wrong direction and that the guy in charge isn''t up to the job of turning it around. Sticking your head in the sand and hoping the errors of the past didn''t happen is not helping. I notice you didn''t refute any of the points I mentioned for why he brought us down last season.

No more than 10 more games for me and that''s stretching it.

We cannot pass up this opportunity of a quick return to the Premier League with the squad we have (highly priced, highly paid, highly rated) because we have a poor manager.

Moxey might have to be involved in the first big decision at the Club since he came to Carrow Road.

Alex Neil has many good points and under his managerial tenure we have continued to acquire the most amazing bunch of talented youngsters awaiting their chance to shine possibly in the Club''s entire history.

The vision of him managing long-term bringing stability to the Club and bringing these youngster through is highly fanciable ... but this is modern football to day and time is no longer allowed.

If we drift back into Championship mediocrity by missing out in the next two seasons waiting for Neil''s ideas to fructify we will be parachute free, run at a loss and have to sell to survive.

We will become another ITFC.

If the signs that he cannot cope become increasingly definite then he must pack his bags.

Neither do I consider him inexperienced. A lifetime in professional football and a few years managing professionals?

Most of us on here are ''inexperienced'' yet Neil''s glaring mistakes are often picked up with accuracy.

He ballsed up last season, he cannot be allowed to do it again this season.

Ten more games at most. That''s fair.

"Brighton have lost today and gone from second to eighth, I wonder if they want Hughton sacked,"

Don''t be silly FF. They lost away to the strong favourites to wine the league and played very well, deserving more from the game.

We went to St. Andrews which houses one of the league''s also-rans and got thumped, whilst performing badly ... and not for the first time this season.

I do find it perhaps slightly desperate of AN to have mentioned in his post match that this is his first Champs away defeat.

The board are out of touch with modern day football. we do everything on the cheap and I have supported this club for 70 plus years. Nothing has changed from the Div 3 days.

We have an inexperienced manager who had no idea of his best starting eleven last season right up to the last game of the season. Nothing has changed this season. He gives a contract to SW who was deemed not good enough to even make the bench. As for Naismith 8 million down the drain, he will finish up a RVW giveaway

AN talks the talk but that''s where it ends.

Who came up with the appointment of Lee Darnbrough to sort out Norwich''s recruitment problems, you only have to go on the Burnley site to see what they thought of him

Remember when we scoured the Rest of the world for investment

Still waiting

We lost McNally and Bowkett who at least had NCFC at heart to be replaced by Ed Balls a failed MP who thinks going on Strictly Come Dancing will fuel his profile; A complete waster .Add Delia''s baby nephew to the Board speaks volumes how they do exactly what they want.

Please owners get Bruce in NOW