Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Neil needs to go.

Why is a supporter having reservations about the manager of the club necessarily a "dickhead?" Especially after a relegation season which involved a series of managerial lapses, to put it mildly.

This season is important for the club and it''s outcome could reflect our fortunes for years to come. We are currently in the strongest position possible (financially and in terms of squad quality) to mount a promotion charge, but this strength is likely to evaporate with the advance of a few unsuccessful seasons.

It is vital that we have the right man at the top to take advantage of these strengths and to strike whilst the iron is hot.

If we had time to consolidate, build a squad and a style based upon our fine array of young talent then Alex Neil would be the ideal man to oversee this, but the Championship is a quicksand that sucks you into it the longer you linger.

I was emphatically one of those who touted the "ten games" mantra, but now remain happy to give the man the season because things have gone very well.

Let''s hope they continue to do so, but I won''t deny that some doubts still linger .... but I suppose you can say that about most managers.

I will reserve judgement about next season should we miss the boat.

Crafty Canary

"Guide us to promotion? On today''s display we will be lucky to stay out of the bottom three."

So people discussing a leaky defence and the letting in soft goals then an away result which was like the perfect storm of letting in three of them with no response - is worthy of people being ridiculed.  I see. We''ve done well since, but let''s not pretend everything is hunky dory.  We''re still letting in soft goals.   As long as we are scoring plenty ourselves, no problem, but the issue is still there - and I am sure the manager and team will be working on it and trying to improve that aspect. You can take being scored against of they are goals of quality, you just say well played to the opposition (like the opposition were saying about Brady''s goal against Wolves).  But the goals we are still leaking are basic errors, players not jumping, players not reacting. For me, it''s a concentration thing and luckily, that is something that can be improved.  We were strong against Wolves after their soft goal and that is a good sign - but it would have been easier without that soft goal.  It''s not just one player either.  It''s been a different player every time. Tettey, Pinto, Bassong, Bennett, etc etc.     We''re getting enough good resuts - just - but there is room for improvement.  I wouldn''t have called for the manager''s head after the Birmingham match, but the manner of the defeat was definitely worthy of  some severe criticism of him - and the players. And if we''re to be promoted, the letting in of soft goals is something they''ve still got to improve. 

It''s just nice to see the axe is still hovering over Alex Neil''s head from the usual suspects

I hope they are all having a peaceful week and when we draw or something they''ll come back and enrich us all with their wisdom

I''ll see you at the promotion party where you''ll claim you were "happy to be proven wrong" ... yawn

I love it when we win a game / games / several games in a row.

No team in the Championship will win every game, all of them will lose games to teams at the top and teams at the bottom.

The reality of football.

We have a good chance of getting promoted this season.

I embrace all those things.

However, I also acknowledge that our manager has failed to address some repeated errors which have been in our

play not just this season, but since he has been here.

ie if you can''t see out / control a game from a winning position.

This almost certainly cost us relegation last season, and though it won''t necessarily stop us getting promoted this season, will severely limit any chance of success next season.

I expect the manager to be responsible for coaching the players into a professional team with professional performances.

It''s being realistic, not being a binner.

Buh wrote the following post at 08/10/2016 8:49 AM:

Crafty Canary

"Guide us to promotion? On today''s display we will be lucky to stay out of the bottom three."

Absolutely, based on that pitiful performance at Birmingham we would struggle to stay up if that was to be repeated regularly. AN also considered it to be awful and Whittaker, Naismith and Canos have not figured since.

Number 9 wrote the following post at 08/10/2016 10:02 AM:

I love it when we win a game / games / several games in a row.

No team in the Championship will win every game, all of them will lose games to teams at the top and teams at the bottom.

Oh, there are those on here who think we can win 10 on the trot even though it has never happened in the Championship so far as I''m aware. Not to state that we will do so apparently means you are celebrating when we do lose according to these trolls rather than just being realistic in what is achievable.

You aren''t realistic about our achievement you just want to revel in defeat.

You aren''t a special snowflake, there''s plenty more room tourists like you, clambering desperately to be the first to forecast doom

Doesn''t make you clever

[quote user="Buh"]You aren''t realistic about our achievement you just want to revel in defeat.

You aren''t a special snowflake, there''s plenty more room tourists like you, clambering desperately to be the first to forecast doom

Doesn''t make you clever[/quote]

I truly love it.

Buh wrote the following post at 08/10/2016 10:31 AM:

You aren''t realistic about our achievement you just want to revel in defeat.

Doesn''t make you clever

Yabba yabba yabba 😴😴

Keep on trolling.

You only like him because he''s got the same name as you!

I love the thread title "Neil needs to go". Best bit is, the OP (Keith Scott) and most of those that agreed with him are the ones who have gone. [:|]But we know they''ll be back in their droves when next we lose. [:D]

I actually pity scum fans like Crafty etc to the extent I don''t wish to take the piss out of them.

Hairy Canary "I fervently hope his luck runs out soon before it is too late to rescue this season. "

Idiot

Buh is showing all of the attributes that served so well in the First World War-Blind loyalty to the cause, while accusing anybody who raises so much as a murmur of criticism of being a traitor-quite frankly, when he has a go at someone like Ricardo you know that he''s not the full ticket. I''m surprised he hasn''t tried to have Highland and Crafty shot for desertion.

never mind, it''ll be over by Christmas, so ''seeya later'' Buhll$h1tter.

Lol STFU you are literally irrelevant made a total idiot of yourself there pal

The thing is Bor in all the years I''ve been living and breathing this club, I make it 44 in total, I''ve never been short of an opinion. A few times I''ve been right and plenty of others I''ve been wrong.

That doesn''t make me an idiot just someone who gives a damn. I thought AN should have gone last Christmas before he brought us down, which he did. As things are going this year it is beginning to look like he may get us back up and the statement you quoted will be shown to be wrong. Good. I''ll add it to the list.

You on the other hand offer very little other than vitriolic nastiness. A luxury afforded to you because you are able to hide behind a keyboard.

Were you "glad to be proven wrong" again captain cop-out?

Make sure that axe is nice and sharp for the Alex over the international break just in case we draw or something yeah! Really productive! What a frigging football genius!

More vitriolic nastiness then Buh, just as I said. You can''t help it can you.

Looks like I''m wrong about AN but certainly not wrong about you.