Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Hughton In/Out count

Out or moved to a director of football role to concentrate on building and developing youth team policy, scouting, transfers.

Replace with Darren Ferguson

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]The Hughton haters always argue from the basis of denying our successes last season. To them the unbeaten run (the best in the whole of Europe at that time) was to them a mere blip. The wins at the end of the season and the opposition were on the beach.

They simply bury their heads in the sand when it comes to the good parts - the parts that saw us finish higher than the previous manager ever acheived.

Last season the criticism was that the football was dire and turgid, even though we were going about picking up a point here and a point there, enough to ensure we were realistically never really in trouble.

This season the side has had a mixed start, some good some not so good. We can put this inconsistency down to the side needing to gel, to find the how to operate as a team.

Since Stoke we have not had a bad performance. The Hughton haters have got the attacking football they so craved. On Saturday we were the most attack minded side in the League. Last season the haters wanted Hughton to go for broke when we were a goal behind and entering the final period of the game.

Well Hughton gave them that against Arsenal and Chelsea, and we can see the damage it did to our goal difference.

So we have greatly improved performances, we have dominated possession in some games, we have matched Aresenal and Chelsea for greater parts of those games, we are creating plenty of scoring chances that we didn''t used to do and yet the Hughton hating morons still live in denial.

The point is this. If you don''t acknowledge our improvements and continue personal attacks on the manager, it will begin to filter through to the players during games. They will react to the negativity by becoming frustrated and performances will decline.

Then we will really be in trouble. The haters demands will become reality and an excellent manager will lose his job because of the poison spread by so called fans.

What is ironic, is that many of those calling for Hughton to be sacked are 1p5wich fans who have infiltrated this message board. Pete has flushed a few out and I notice that no longer get to spread their lies.

Your in and out votes are in fact a reflection more on you than on Hughton. You vote out and you go join the bottlers. You have no spine. When the going gets tough you wimp out. You''re like little children stamping you feet because you don''t get what you want. The truth is that you don''t really deserve what you already have because you only show your support when the going is easy. You only sing when you''re winning.

You''re not plastic fans, you''re pathetic fans. And they''''ll be laughing at you down at portman road if you ever manage to get Hughton sacked.[/quote]
I genuinely could not DISAGREE more. Just because others have a different view to you does not make them plastic, pathetic or morons. People like you need to stop lashing out and personally attacking as most Hughton outers funnily enough don''t bother with personal attacks on here.
We are playing better football of late, but to be honest I''m sick of the way the inners and outers say each other twists stats to prove their point. 6 wins since xmas blah blah blah….. say the outers on one side. The 10 game unbeaten run blah blah blah say the inners. Well honestly I am forgetting all that. I don''t know whats wrong, we aren''t a bad team but really, I can tell you one thing. We currently won''t score the goals to stay in this league and I''m neither trying to prove for or against Hughton here but, after many asked to see where we were after the first 10 games…. we are in the drop zone. How do you expect people to react?
We are quickly proving that playing well doesn''t get you points. Goals do! So where are they coming from? Thats what everyone should be worrying about….

in... if 30 chances in a game where only the opposition goalkeeper stopped us winning about 8-0 is a "Shocking performance" then we should all just give up...

Right man for the job, Right time, we will be laughing at all this in 2 years.

In for now but failure to beat West Ham and he has to go , we just cannot afford to let him waste the winnable games or we are down . As for the 31 scoring chances , come on get real if we had half a dozen real decent attempts at goal that would probably be stretching it .

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Rock The Boat"]The Hughton haters always argue from the basis of denying our successes last season. To them the unbeaten run (the best in the whole of Europe at that time) was to them a mere blip. The wins at the end of the season and the opposition were on the beach.

They simply bury their heads in the sand when it comes to the good parts - the parts that saw us finish higher than the previous manager ever acheived.

Last season the criticism was that the football was dire and turgid, even though we were going about picking up a point here and a point there, enough to ensure we were realistically never really in trouble.

This season the side has had a mixed start, some good some not so good. We can put this inconsistency down to the side needing to gel, to find the how to operate as a team.

Since Stoke we have not had a bad performance. The Hughton haters have got the attacking football they so craved. On Saturday we were the most attack minded side in the League. Last season the haters wanted Hughton to go for broke when we were a goal behind and entering the final period of the game.

Well Hughton gave them that against Arsenal and Chelsea, and we can see the damage it did to our goal difference.

So we have greatly improved performances, we have dominated possession in some games, we have matched Aresenal and Chelsea for greater parts of those games, we are creating plenty of scoring chances that we didn''t used to do and yet the Hughton hating morons still live in denial.

The point is this. If you don''t acknowledge our improvements and continue personal attacks on the manager, it will begin to filter through to the players during games. They will react to the negativity by becoming frustrated and performances will decline.

Then we will really be in trouble. The haters demands will become reality and an excellent manager will lose his job because of the poison spread by so called fans.

What is ironic, is that many of those calling for Hughton to be sacked are 1p5wich fans who have infiltrated this message board. Pete has flushed a few out and I notice that no longer get to spread their lies.

Your in and out votes are in fact a reflection more on you than on Hughton. You vote out and you go join the bottlers. You have no spine. When the going gets tough you wimp out. You''re like little children stamping you feet because you don''t get what you want. The truth is that you don''t really deserve what you already have because you only show your support when the going is easy. You only sing when you''re winning.

You''re not plastic fans, you''re pathetic fans. And they''''ll be laughing at you down at portman road if you ever manage to get Hughton sacked.[/quote]
I genuinely could not DISAGREE more. Just because others have a different view to you does not make them plastic, pathetic or morons. People like you need to stop lashing out and personally attacking as most Hughton outers funnily enough don''t bother with personal attacks on here.
We are playing better football of late, but to be honest I''m sick of the way the inners and outers say each other twists stats to prove their point. 6 wins since xmas blah blah blah….. say the outers on one side. The 10 game unbeaten run blah blah blah say the inners. Well honestly I am forgetting all that. I don''t know whats wrong, we aren''t a bad team but really, I can tell you one thing. We currently won''t score the goals to stay in this league and I''m neither trying to prove for or against Hughton here but, after many asked to see where we were after the first 10 games…. we are in the drop zone. How do you expect people to react?
We are quickly proving that playing well doesn''t get you points. Goals do! So where are they coming from? Thats what everyone should be worrying about….
[/quote]

Hughton outers make no rational arguements, with them it is a personal attack on the manager. They shift their positions from week to week.

Last season they attacked him for dire and dull performances without seeing the bigger picture of the need to get us over the finishing line.

They drone on endlessly about results since last January conveniently forgetting that the season began in August and ended in May.

Mention the ten-game unbeaten run and it is considered a blip. I suppose they would want to consider the current nine games as a blip? No, because it doesn''t support their agenda.

They fail to acknowledge the bigger picture, that we are a fastly improving side that has yet to reach its potential.

They no longer moan about dire performances because performances are so much better, so they switch to attacking Hughton over nebulous points such as his substitution policies. We even had a "management consultant" on here claiming that CH is to nice to be a manager, FFS

When they get called out, as they did last season when we finished eleventh despite the outer''s predictions that the sky was falling in, they resort to lies. Rudloph Hucker posted a claim that there had been a dressing room bustup at half-time during one game last season. Difficult to know when you are watching the match on Radio Norfolk from the comfort of your armchair.

Yes, Seattle, I am pretty angry that a good manager who is turning the side around from gungho hoofball merchants into a cultured, passing team is berated constantly from week-to-week from a bunch of so-called supporters with the attention span of a comatose hamster and the all the bottle of a panic-strciken scarecrow

Clearly RTB you don''t read enough of the posts. At least not rationally.

You have pigeon holed all those who are critical as Hughton Outers and Haters and Irrational who are incapable of reasoned arguement.  I guess you didn''t read any of my posts in the past or the excellent post by The Engineer earlier?

There are many with reasoned arguments as well as irrational and extreme views on both sides of this debate.  Before you start grouping all posters of a certain opinion together, just stop and think, because your last diatribe demonstrated the very thing you are criticising! Just from the opposite point of view.

A rational response would be: ''Whilst I recognise why other posters hold a different opinion to me and that there is evidence to support this view. I am of the opinion that there is more to support mine''.

The personal attacks are unnecessary and with all due respect indicate a lost argument, when we all know, neither point of view has been proved yet.

By all means state your opinions and why you have them, but don''t label everyone who disagrees with the same badge.

Snake

If Hughton had alternative formations and appeared to learn from his mistakes then I would be happy to give him longer but he is showing no signs of getting our team to work cohesively with strikers getting enough good chances in good areas to win games from what ive seen. We have had to rely on 2 long distance hits to get us our wins so far .

Times up for me.

Out.

In the meantime RTB, as you are happy with Chris Hughton remaining as manager, are you also happy with his Lieutenants?

I would be open to making a change here first before changing the manager. I know they are ''his'' guys, but their coaching history is not the best and anyone who considered Grant Holt as a wide player, doesn''t fill me with confidence.

What do you think?

Snake

Well RTB, I happen to disagree with both your posts on this thread and I hope your last paragraph is simply because you''re are getting a bit carried away ''gung-ho football merchants'' (yeh right) and further insults to those who disagree with you.

Not good mate

Almost reluctantly, in.Would''ve said out a month ago, but can''t see the sense in sacking the guy when we''ve started playing well. Keep performing as we have recently and the results will come.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Can anyone be bothered to do a current tally? I know I started this but I cant be bothered!  Seems about 50/50 to me so far[/quote]

A 50/50 in my book (and democratic standards) is a very strong vote in favour of the incumbent . Those who stand behind Hughton, know what they want and know who they want. Those against, know what they want, but collectively have several candidates in mind, so probably divided over the who they want issue. In a multiparty democracy (assuming three candidates) that would be 50% for one and 25%-25% for the other two. But in this case there seem to be more than two alternative candidates.

In.

Staying up post-Lambert huge achievement. Unexpected by most.

Squad massively improved.

Excellent purchasing.

Standard and sophistication of play greatly improved.

Ability to retain possession greatly improved.

1 win from top ten.

Fine margins in Prem.